Grim_Skunk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Rogue
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great explanation on the topic of the under hood fire recall. Great video!
Sponsored

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’d do it over again and add a hitch to my order. Oh wait, it was a constraint back then. It’s too bad so many things had to be taken off. Not really the truck I want but hey can’t complain about paying way less than most of people here.

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I'll happily keep my 2 Lariat Hybrids. The "crap" is just fine to me. After all, 2 Lariats for less $$$ than a single F-150 Lariat?
Sam's videos are great and I appreciate his blend of professionalism and simple talk. If a reviewer is too polished, or never any complaints, it doesn't feel very genuine. He also shares a lot of good tech info that he's researched himself, such as the explanation of the hybrid AC functionality and why it has a large impact on mpg.

All that said, I'm thrilled with my lariat. The plastic dash and inner door panels are easily scratched and it's annoying. I think it's an overall direction for Ford that I am not a fan of. I haven't looked in a Lightning, Mach-E or 2024 Mustang yet, but my '22 Bronco has a lot of plastic also and it's a little better than the Maverick but it is NOT much more durable - it can be scratched easily, also. When Broncos go 35-90k+ (mine was $46k but can't be built today for less than $53k) that kind of plastic interior is even harder to accept than in a 25-42k Maverick.

NatePabrant

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
"22s that were moved to '23 received a private offer and a rebate too offset the price increase.
Why would you even state the price you paid as part of an argument when the price you got was exclusive to you. What if I paid $15k and went around telling everyone I paid $15k when it was because my uncle gave me $5k more for a trade in

YazYaz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why would you even state the price you paid as part of an argument when the price you got was exclusive to you. What if I paid $15k and went around telling everyone I paid $15k when it was because my uncle gave me $5k more for a trade in
The price was not exclusive to me! It was the same for thousands of buyers whose order was delayed. My only error in the post was not comparing a '22 to a "22. The OP purchased a base XL which would have been about $20,000. A '22 Lariat with Co-Pilot and a hitch would have been $27,625. The OP added about $7000 in mods, not including countless hours of labor. He should have just purchased a Lariat with all of the crap in the first place.

Finally, before you post on a public forum, leave your basement and ask your Mom to review your post so she can make sure you aren't making a fool of yourself.

Sponsored

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

He should have just purchased a Lariat with all of the crap in the first place.
that's not sound reasoning at all.

a lariat does not come with the accessories that the has OP installed and I'm not aware of any mods he's done that achieve things the lariat has by default, except maybe cruise control. (not even sure if he's added it, but many '22 XL have.) if he had purchased a lariat he would have still purchased the same accessories on top of that.

obviously a '24 XL hybrid is nowhere near the steal it used to be prior to the price increases starting in December '22, but as the OP stated in the opening minutes of his video, there are still no hybrid truck competitors. even toyota's brand new tacoma hybrid option is built for towing and power, not prius-like fuel efficiency.

YazYaz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
that's not sound reasoning at all.

a lariat does not come with the accessories that the has OP installed and I'm not aware of any mods he's done that achieve things the lariat has by default, except maybe cruise control. (not even sure if he's added it, but many '22 XL have.) if he had purchased a lariat he would have still purchased the same accessories on top of that.

obviously a '24 XL hybrid is nowhere near the steal it used to be prior to the price increases starting in December '22, but as the OP stated in the opening minutes of his video, there are still no hybrid truck competitors. even toyota's brand new tacoma hybrid option is built for towing and power, not prius-like fuel efficiency.
The OP wanted larger tires so he spent about $1600 on 17" wheels and tires and more $ on a lift kit that gave him 1.25" additional height. The Lariat comes with 18" wheels. The OP wanted a more stylized grill. That comes with the Lariat. The OP added Sirius radio. It came with my Lariat. I really don't care what the OP did with his truck. He seems like a good guy and he does very good videos. The point was, don't call other people's preferences "crap" and they won't criticize your preferences.

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

The point was, don't call other people's preferences "crap" and they won't criticize your preferences.
Maybe the point should have been not to get butthurt over little words. :LOL:

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Sponsored

YazYaz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
LOL I'm just arguing with him, and winning in case you hadn't noticed. ;)
If you have to tell someone you are "winning the argument", you aren't winning. The purpose of this forum is not to argue. After reviewing some of your 1884 posts it is strikingly clear that your purpose here is just that, to argue, argue, argue.

Old_Norm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach E 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you have to tell someone you are "winning the argument", you aren't winning. The purpose of this forum is not to argue. After reviewing some of your 1884 posts it is strikingly clear that your purpose here is just that, to argue, argue, argue.
Tell him his comments are crap. That shouldn't offend him.

72Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition, Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you wrestle with a pig long enough you realize the pig actually enjoys it :oops:

Deweyordeweynot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dewey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 XLT Oxford White / 2018 Subaru Forester
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Booyah 👊🏽 😁 👍🏽 🇺🇸
I m in it to win it.

Maybe foglights
Once my credit card is cool to the touch (🔥) , I'm adding those. Haven't decided on which ones as yet.
Sponsored