First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Forte
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Talking about Maverick features this morning got me thinking. Well, maybe the coffee helped,, but ill take it.

Over the years I have had quite a few vehicles. I assume most of you here have as well.

I was thinking about "features" in cars that I had that I didn't really care for. In this case was thinking about the adaptive cruise and lane centering.

It hasn't just been the Maverick though. I had an old 1972 Buick Lesabre with a vinyl covered roof that rusted out and started raining on me one day, that wasn't much fun. Having that vinyl that could hold water against the roof till it failed was a poor design choice. Me not removing it was my mistake.

Then we have the most annoying feature I can think of. Automatic seat belts that were in my 89 Dodge Colt. I sincerely hated those things, and I have no problem buckling up.

What "features" have you folks had that you wish weren't on whatever you were driving?
Sponsored

Brent Karrett

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Burnt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Coyote, Lanche, Nauti,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The auto-mirrors in my other two cars do not work properly/are poorly designed. The sensor does not receive light due to being blocked by the trunk-spoiler (Mustang) and tailgate (Avalanche). So, when you need them most (car with brights on directly behind you), they work worst.

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had friends with 2 Chevys both from the 80's, wagon had an "economy gauge" MIN to the left MAX to the right, it was a vacuum gauge, floor it & you got MIN, coasting you got MAX. The other was a Cavalier it had a shift light, if you shifted when the light activated you were lugging the engine in every gear.

Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When I was very young my dad had a 55 Plymouth with a dash mounted lever, similar to that chevy one. Others might make a comeback, everyone likes to push buttons nowadays. Part of the problem with those early pushbuttons were unreliable solenoids that were activated by those buttons. Now with the Maverick we will be turning a knob, that does something similar.
Sponsored