Sponsored

Wireless Android Auto CarlinKit 4.0

Maverick88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 22
I tested out wireless AA today on my Lariat using a Carlinkit 4.0 (cpc200-cp2a). I used a Pixel (1st gen/orig) running Android 10. I can't speak to reliability/performance because I only used it for 5 mins. I'm an iPhone user. :) But wanted to test this for you guys.

Ordered using this Slickdeal https://slickdeals.net/f/15824500-c...ess-carplay-adapter-blue-60-70-via-mobile-app
Shipping took awhile (2 weeks+), but it arrived via USPS.

This will be replacing my 2.0 Carlinkit. I'm happy this offers both CarPlay and AA. Let me know if there's anything you want me to try. My wife has a later gen Pixel I can use.

Ford Maverick Wireless Android Auto CarlinKit 4.0 tempImageg7xRHJ
Ford Maverick Wireless Android Auto CarlinKit 4.0 tempImagetq5sks
Ford Maverick Wireless Android Auto CarlinKit 4.0 tempImageIOgWiA
Ford Maverick Wireless Android Auto CarlinKit 4.0 tempImage16vCxV
Sponsored

baaron

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just got mine today and have had no luck so far with a Pixel 3. I think I may have to unpair/forget the bluetooth connection and reconnect.

kahuna_08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
I just got mine and it does not appear in the bluetooth settings for my iphone or android. I'm returning it for a replacement.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just got mine and it does not appear in the bluetooth settings for my iphone or android. I'm returning it for a replacement.
Don't give up, he had several issues with our phones on this new carlinkit 4.

At first the car wouldn't even recognize it, and said unknown media device. He restarted the Mercedes and reseated it, and went manually into apple carplay on hte car and from then on the car always saw it fine.

Second issue he had is that it said look for Mercedes-BLABLA in bluetooth but the device was actually called Volkswagen-BLABLA, but my iPhone connected and all was well with it. From then on it showed up correctly in bluetooth as Mercedes-BLABLA.

Third issue is that the android couldn't see it at all, then went into android auto settings and noticed that wireless android auto is not turned on by default. Turned that on and still just went "connecting" indefinitely and still no dice. Restarted both the dongle and phone and used the option to forget all devices on the carlinkit and phone and it connected just fine.

Fourth issue is that android auto was SUPER laggy using the Mercedes controls, again just rebooted both and voila super snappy response again.

Now FINALLY after several tests with both phones it works with no problems. We haven't tried to update firmware yet on the device, but everything is working. Only downside is it seems to take about 20 seconds from start of the vehicle to when you're actually up on a carplay/android auto interface. Other than that, after 30 min drive at least it didn't overheat or skip or do anything weird and everything worked perfect. I haven't noticed any real improvement in carplay functionality except for the fact that this can also do android auto which carlinkit 3 could not.

Initially though, we were just going to return it as defective.

kahuna_08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick

At first the car wouldn't even recognize it, and said unknown media device. He restarted the Mercedes and reseated it, and went manually into apple carplay on hte car and from then on the car always saw it fine.

Second issue he had is that it said look for Mercedes-BLABLA in bluetooth but the device was actually called Volkswagen-BLABLA, but my iPhone connected and all was well with it. From then on it showed up correctly in bluetooth as Mercedes-BLABLA.

Third issue is that the android couldn't see it at all, then went into android auto settings and noticed that wireless android auto is not turned on by default. Turned that on and still just went "connecting" indefinitely and still no dice. Restarted both the dongle and phone and used the option to forget all devices on the carlinkit and phone and it connected just fine.

Fourth issue is that android auto was SUPER laggy using the Mercedes controls, again just rebooted both and voila super snappy response again.

Now FINALLY after several tests with both phones it works with no problems. We haven't tried to update firmware yet on the device, but everything is working. Only downside is it seems to take about 20 seconds from start of the vehicle to when you're actually up on a carplay/android auto interface. Other than that, after 30 min drive at least it didn't overheat or skip or do anything weird and everything worked perfect. I haven't noticed any real improvement in carplay functionality except for the fact that this can also do android auto which carlinkit 3 could not.

The replacement doesn't work either. When I plug it in to the truck it will pop up a message for Apple car play to aggree to the terms, but nothing else happens. It still does not show up in my bluetooth settings. I can connect to the wifi to change the settings, and update the firmware, but no connection to the phone.

Sponsored

abjbrtd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Kona, Thor Citation
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

kahuna, did you get yours to work?

JASmith
"At first the car wouldn't even recognize it"
Ours is (AA) acting like this, nothing no red or green blinking light??
Can't even get my Samsung (S22 ultra)cable to plug into the carlink, can't plug a square usbC (see picture)??

Going through my cables now.

Question: shouldn't the maveric and carlinkit see each other even if apple or android aren't plugged in?:sick:
Ford Maverick Wireless Android Auto CarlinKit 4.0 20220719_134900

kahuna_08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
kahuna, did you get yours to work?

JASmith
"At first the car wouldn't even recognize it"
Ours is (AA) acting like this, nothing no red or green blinking light??
Can't even get my Samsung (S22 ultra)cable to plug into the carlink, can't plug a square usbC (see picture)??

Going through my cables now.

Question: shouldn't the maveric and carlinkit see each other even if apple or android aren't plugged in?:sick:
20220719_134900.jpg
Unfortunately no. I ended up returning it. I tried multiple cars and both iPhones and Android and it did not work for me.

abjbrtd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Kona, Thor Citation
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm sending it back tomorrow.

Ordering another tonight, we shall see :rolleyes:
Sponsored