Sponsored

Wired Android Auto for maps and bluetooth from another phone for audio.

Pointyears

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Richard
Joined
Dec 16, 2025
Threads
6
Messages
756
Reaction score
1,445
Location
South Central PA
Vehicle(s)
2025 Maverick Lariat, 2018 Mustang convertible, 2012 Harley Softail, 2024 Vita
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Adding to my confusion and thus frustration, it turns out that we can't connect either phone via Bluetooth while the truck is moving. We had to pull off the road for the passenger to make the phone connect. I get why but I still hate this purposely implemented logic declination. (Can't have the driver trying to connect via Bluetooth while driving.) The passenger should still be able to do this but nope. Lesson learned.
I'll bite. How would you expect the Mav to know who's trying to manipulate its controls?
Sponsored

 

Redline

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
Joined
Dec 15, 2022
Threads
2
Messages
908
Reaction score
1,870
Location
Upstate, NY
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT shadow black
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I know this isn't the ideal solution, but maybe just to keep it simple, get a small Bluetooth speaker. The JBL I have packs a lot of sound for such a small speaker and you can take it anywhere. I think it was around $30 on Amazon. 🤷‍♂️

Ford Maverick Wired Android Auto for maps and bluetooth from another phone for audio. 20260808_171751
 

jonshep

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
John
Joined
Jul 28, 2024
Threads
4
Messages
383
Reaction score
508
Location
SW Oklahoma
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT 2002 F250 7.3 Diesel
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My 24 XLT does not have sophisticated electronics, but I could not get Android Auto to work with my old LG Stylo 6 phone. I was in the garage trying everything I could, per the user manual and Google, no luck. I really wanted to use Waze, and then one day it worked. Hallelujah, success at last! Other members have ask what I did, and as much as I would love to brag about my genius, I don't have a clue what made it work. It still works with the LG phone. Maybe it got an OTA update, IDK. I have not tried wiring the phone and trying to play music from a USB simultaneously. I don't want to jink my success. If any of you have that working, please post.
 
OP
OP

AirborneRATT

2.5L Hybrid
Active member
First Name
Don
Joined
Nov 24, 2025
Threads
4
Messages
38
Reaction score
60
Location
Michigan
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 24 XLT does not have sophisticated electronics, but I could not get Android Auto to work with my old LG Stylo 6 phone. I was in the garage trying everything I could, per the user manual and Google, no luck. I really wanted to use Waze, and then one day it worked. Hallelujah, success at last! Other members have ask what I did, and as much as I would love to brag about my genius, I don't have a clue what made it work. It still works with the LG phone. Maybe it got an OTA update, IDK. I have not tried wiring the phone and trying to play music from a USB simultaneously. I don't want to jink my success. If any of you have that working, please post.
Yes. Waze is the best right now right? I like that it alerts me to traffic issues prior to me running into them possibly literally.

I don't know much about the LG line of phones. I'm using a Pixel 8 and it connected right away after installing Android Auto. I will say that it gets goofy on me from time to time. Won't connect and I have to unplug and plug it back in, slow to start up occasionally, won't respond to the touch screen on rare occasions. The tech needs some improvement but it mostly works in a way that is good enough.

How would the car know which phone is trying to use the controls? I don't know. My thought was that the wired phone would run the controls and the Bluetooth phone would play audio. Clearly it doesn't work that way but I had hope.
 

jonshep

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
John
Joined
Jul 28, 2024
Threads
4
Messages
383
Reaction score
508
Location
SW Oklahoma
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XLT 2002 F250 7.3 Diesel
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yes. Waze is the best right now right? I like that it alerts me to traffic issues prior to me running into them possibly literally.

I don't know much about the LG line of phones. I'm using a Pixel 8 and it connected right away after installing Android Auto. I will say that it gets goofy on me from time to time. Won't connect and I have to unplug and plug it back in, slow to start up occasionally, won't respond to the touch screen on rare occasions. The tech needs some improvement but it mostly works in a way that is good enough.

How would the car know which phone is trying to use the controls? I don't know. My thought was that the wired phone would run the controls and the Bluetooth phone would play audio. Clearly it doesn't work that way but I had hope.
I think my LG is maybe 8 years old, and the week after I pick it up at T Mobile, LG announced they were quiting the cell phone business. I am waiting for it to become an antique collectible.😂
 

Sponsored

Ryom

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
Joined
Aug 15, 2024
Threads
7
Messages
713
Reaction score
1,330
Location
PA
Vehicle(s)
2025 Lariat 4K BAP Eruption Green
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A bluetooth AM/FM dongle would likely solve this problem too. One person connects to AA (it's a wireless 2.4GHz connection, not a BT connection) and one person connects to the BT dongle with the truck radio set to the FM channel for music.
 
OP
OP

AirborneRATT

2.5L Hybrid
Active member
First Name
Don
Joined
Nov 24, 2025
Threads
4
Messages
38
Reaction score
60
Location
Michigan
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'll bite. How would you expect the Mav to know who's trying to manipulate its controls?
This statement caused me to think about it. Here is why I thought it would work. First, I didn't know that the system used both the wired and Bluetooth connection. I thought it was wired only. You live and learn I guess. Second, when I'm using Android Auto, I can select my audio source to be AM/FM/ Bluetooth. I had hoped that it could be Bluetooth from another phone. That appears to not be the case.

You guys have given me some good feedback and I appreciate it. Thank you.

Edit: This was exactly what @KrS thought too in post #2. Great minds think alike but he was more attuned to Fords shenanigans than I. It is what it is.
 
Last edited:

Randorita

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Randy
Joined
Sep 7, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
388
Reaction score
581
Location
Mississippi
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota RAV4, 2025 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think your best bet is to run everything off one phone. When my wife and I travel, I connect her phone and AA for maps. That is the only way I can listen to my books on my buds. Sync 4 might let me separate audio out, but i haven't messed with it to find out. I don't think you will have that option.
 

HeyBales

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Mike
Joined
May 3, 2024
Threads
5
Messages
5,655
Reaction score
5,510
Location
KC Metro area
Vehicle(s)
2005 Toyota RAV4, 2024 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
A bluetooth AM/FM dongle would likely solve this problem too. One person connects to AA (it's a wireless 2.4GHz connection, not a BT connection) and one person connects to the BT dongle with the truck radio set to the FM channel for music.
And in the case of the pre-25 where AA must be connected via wire - this idea still works.

The power port FM broadcaster is 1 bluetooth device the wife's phone connects to. And can be powered from with included USB port.
The radio is used for audio tuned to that station.

The truck bluetooth is connected with husband's phone for Waze audio when needed, if the wired AA doesn't handle it.
 

Maverick123

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
Joined
Mar 24, 2025
Threads
36
Messages
1,091
Reaction score
1,952
Location
Canada
Vehicle(s)
25 hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you're gonna plug something in, isn't there an AUX audio jack you could use?
 
Sponsored

HeyBales

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Mike
Joined
May 3, 2024
Threads
5
Messages
5,655
Reaction score
5,510
Location
KC Metro area
Vehicle(s)
2005 Toyota RAV4, 2024 XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Randorita

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Randy
Joined
Sep 7, 2024
Threads
0
Messages
388
Reaction score
581
Location
Mississippi
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota RAV4, 2025 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It is better if everything is on one phone so the audio book volume will drop for alerts from Waze.
Sponsored

 
 







Top