bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost
What is that white stuff
Down here in Florida, we call that Tony Montana's flour if you know what I mean.. Shocked he posted a picture of it on an internet forum...

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I use this:

Ford Maverick Wiper arm hits the engine hood Capture.PNG

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M8MAOLI/ref=ewc_pr_img_1?smid=A1C7VLGMJJ2DVA&psc=1

Line the hood around the windshield with it and don't think about it again. I'm not putting the wipers down or running them halfway up etc etc after I just cleaned and treated the windshield :LOL: leaves streaks and such.

This fits snug, isn't very noticeable (at least on my carbon grey) and will save your paint. Actually, that's why I chose carbon grey - doesn't show all the rock dings and such that go to the primer here in Montana.

New England Pilgrim

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
The Pilgrim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XL 2.0 Ecoboost AWD and Copilot 360.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My wiper blades were up while it snowed and iced. I went out to clear the ice and turned on the car. The wipers were frozen in place so they didn't budge and it didn't occur to me that the wiper lever was engaged on the steering column. So when I was breaking the hard, thick ice away, they both suddenly came down hard and fast and now I have three chips taken out of my hood on the edge. Right down to the bare metal. Nearly chopped my fingers! ...now I have a touch up job to do in the spring :( Shame on me for not catching that the wipers were engaged on the steering column. But still poor design on Fords part because you can't put the wipers up without turning the car off right as the wipers are at the highest point in the wipe cycle. Man, I was angry!
Sponsored