First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am going to get my front windows tinted to match the back, and as I haven't ever had that done, I'm curious what people pay for that. My dealership offered to do it for $249 with a warranty, and given that they a) offered that unprompted, and b) included a warranty (which I don't honestly think I should ever need on window tint, of all things), I assume it's WAY overpriced, but I don't know that necessarily.

Related, if not the dealer, where do you go to have that done, or do you recommend some DIY method? We've all seen poorly done tint, that's not the goal here...

If you guys and gals have more experience here, I'd appreciate some guidance, and I imagine there may be others wondering the same.

Forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere already. I did a super quick search and didn't see it, but let me know. I appreciate you people.
Sponsored

Grey Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Cactus Grey, Jeep Wrangler Mango
I am going to get my front windows tinted to match the back, and as I haven't ever had that done, I'm curious what people pay for that. My dealership offered to do it for $249 with a warranty, and given that they a) offered that unprompted, and b) included a warranty (which I don't honestly think I should ever need on window tint, of all things), I assume it's WAY overpriced, but I don't know that necessarily.

Related, if not the dealer, where do you go to have that done, or do you recommend some DIY method? We've all seen poorly done tint, that's not the goal here...

If you guys and gals have more experience here, I'd appreciate some guidance, and I imagine there may be others wondering the same.

Forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere already. I did a super quick search and didn't see it, but let me know. I appreciate you people.
I paid 70 dollars for front two windows. They would have charged 165 for all windows

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah 249 is overpriced in my opinion. You can find specialty shops, detailers and more that will do it much cheaper.

Best I have seen is $35 per window, highest I paid was $75 per window. Did my mustang last year for $150 plus tax for 35% all around with quality tint.

For me, I’ll just do it myself for the Maverick likely. Done it before for tinting to match front windows, just requires a lot of patience.

Sponsored

DanielHSmith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I got quoted $100 for the front two but I haven't shopped around much since I don't have the truck yet.

What is the stock tint on the back? 35%?
It's 20%. That's what they did on my front windows to match the stock tint.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got quoted $100 for the front two but I haven't shopped around much since I don't have the truck yet.

What is the stock tint on the back? 35%?
Check with your state
I am in Texas where it is:
Windshield: 25% VLT tint is allowed above the manufacturer's AS-1 line or top 5 inches, with less than 25% reflection. Front Side windows: Must allow more than 25% of light in. Back Side windows: Any darkness can be used. Rear Window: Any darkness can be used with side outside mirrors, 25% VLT without.
NOTE=VLT is Visual Light Transmission. Normal tint only reduces the amount of visual light and does NOTHING to infrared (think HEAT) portion of light spectrum. If you wish to reduce heat build up in cab on hot sunny days use a infrared blocking tint such as NANO CERAMIC TINT! You can get it in 5% VLT for front windshield if you desire.
The factory "tint" is only privacy glass which is really good at blocking enough of the weaker light intensity EXITING the cab so that what's in side cannot be seen!!! Privacy glass also does nothing to block infrared light!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
MaximilianPaul

MaximilianPaul

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is there any chance that Hermosillo is sending out different tint levels to different states based on ordering dealership location? I assume not, but I've been seeing posts ranging from 20% to 35%, many of which state their "guy" matched whatever he added to the stuff on the back of the Mav already.

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost
I'll be doing this to mine (if it ever comes in), so I haven't started shopping around yet for prices. But it can vary widely based on whether it has a UV shield, ceramic, etc.

But regarding the warranty which you state is not needed, it would be a good idea to look for shops that include this (you should never have to pay extra for it). Especially if you have pets that like to slobber on the windows and then their saliva eats away at the tint and makes it peel. Ask me how I know...

Not only that, but it protects against installer error. All it needs is one bubble underneath from an improperly cleaned window and 2-3 months down the line it will start to bubble and peel and they could make you pay all over again.

Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is there any chance that Hermosillo is sending out different tint levels to different states based on ordering dealership location? I assume not, but I've been seeing posts ranging from 20% to 35%, many of which state their "guy" matched whatever he added to the stuff on the back of the Mav already.
Supposedly it's 30% from someone who asked a Ford rep way back at the Chicago auto show. But depending on variance in tint film visibility you probably couldn't tell too much of a difference between 20 to 30%.

Ford isn't stocking multiple windows for different states, especially when the customer might not be from the same state as the destination dealer. Truck/SUV/van rear windows are typically exempt in even more restrictive tint law states otherwise Ford would leave them nearly-clear like the front.

OP
OP
MaximilianPaul

MaximilianPaul

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Supposedly it's 30% from someone who asked a Ford rep way back at the Chicago auto show. But depending on variance in tint film visibility you probably couldn't tell too much of a difference between 20 to 30%.

Ford isn't stocking multiple windows for different states, especially when the customer might not be from the same state as the destination dealer. Truck/SUV/van rear windows are typically exempt in even more restrictive tint law states otherwise Ford would leave them nearly-clear like the front.
That checks out. And I agree, I don't think I'd even be able to tell at a glance the difference between 20 and 30.

OP
OP
MaximilianPaul

MaximilianPaul

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'll be doing this to mine (if it ever comes in), so I haven't started shopping around yet for prices. But it can vary widely based on whether it has a UV shield, ceramic, etc.

But regarding the warranty which you state is not needed, it would be a good idea to look for shops that include this (you should never have to pay extra for it). Especially if you have pets that like to slobber on the windows and then their saliva eats away at the tint and makes it peel. Ask me how I know...

Not only that, but it protects against installer error. All it needs is one bubble underneath from an improperly cleaned window and 2-3 months down the line it will start to bubble and peel and they could make you pay all over again.
Is that pet a cat with an abrasive little tongue or a dog who just enjoys licking the windows? I'd have never even considered that...haha

jwilson

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PENDING MAV XLT/Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Bummer I'm in NJ where the law is no windshield or front side window tint at all.

bgillen35

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Prius, '19 Indian FTR-S, '20 Mustang EcoBoost
Is that pet a cat with an abrasive little tongue or a dog who just enjoys licking the windows? I'd have never even considered that...haha
Its a dog that likes to push her snoot up against the glass and bark at every car we go past. I do have to admit that I've been lazy about wiping her wet nose stains off the glass (she rides in the back of my hatchback so its my rear window) and just over time it stats to get worn down and flake off a layer of tint (its somehow still tinted, its just like a clear plastic that flakes off). It's never been worth replacing since its my back window and it just looks like smudges but its nice to know (if I was keeping the car) that I could get it redone under warranty.
Sponsored