First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 Bronco Ranger XLT, 10 Ford Flex
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Tints in NY are not legal and to prevent them they are trying to get annual inspection locations to prevent non factory tints.

With that said I plan to tint my windows....

Last vehicle they put a small increase on rear factory and bigger on fronts, can anyone share what they did? The mobile tint companies i deal with do not use ceramic, don't do 3m or ceramic clear windshield for heat reduction.....

I run a body shop and know of places I can go to for ceramic, blackout tints with reduced interior darkness at night etc. The mobile guys we use are incredible, never have an issue always looks perfect... They can order in any material wanted but they are a little old school and use what they know and trust before the newer stuff was around. I'll take an old school method that i have seen hold up vs the latest and greatest.

Wanted to get the forums input on what they did with their maverick. 5 percent over rear, 35 front? My goal is to have the back and front match. We do a lot of tints for off duty law enforcement they like tinted windshields, at night its a little to dark for me.
Sponsored

VRausch

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT EB 4K Tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
20% front matches the stock tint on the rear almost perfectly. This is kind of standard for factory tint.

kmish203

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My plan is 20% all the way around. Hopefully it will darken the back window enough to compensate for the lack of auto-dimming rear view mirror for night drives.

twolane

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My plan is 0 in the back, 20 up front and clear ceramic on the windshield. I like it dark to keep it nice and cool for the 4 legged ones.

gametyme89

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone know how much of a difference 40% ceramic tint on the front passenger windows would make? The rear windows are 35% from the factory? Higher? Smaller?

I am sticking to legal limits where I live so I'm wondering if the cost is worth getting the front passenger windows tinted to 40% with ceramic tint.

Thanks.

Sponsored

fordny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Tints in NY are not legal and to prevent them they are trying to get annual inspection locations to prevent non factory tints.

With that said I plan to tint my windows....

Last vehicle they put a small increase on rear factory and bigger on fronts, can anyone share what they did? The mobile tint companies i deal with do not use ceramic, don't do 3m or ceramic clear windshield for heat reduction.....

I run a body shop and know of places I can go to for ceramic, blackout tints with reduced interior darkness at night etc. The mobile guys we use are incredible, never have an issue always looks perfect... They can order in any material wanted but they are a little old school and use what they know and trust before the newer stuff was around. I'll take an old school method that i have seen hold up vs the latest and greatest.

Wanted to get the forums input on what they did with their maverick. 5 percent over rear, 35 front? My goal is to have the back and front match. We do a lot of tints for off duty law enforcement they like tinted windshields, at night its a little to dark for me.
Will you remove tint every year to pass Inspection? I went today. Guy said people get it, remove it, put it back on every year! In NY

Irich609

First Name
Isaiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
I did 20% side fronts to match the rear and 45 front windshield (eledgedly :cool::LOL: ) for glare and uv protection. I haven't had any head turns in Jersey so far. I have 5 years until inspection so Ill probably just have it redone.

Ford Maverick Complete Window Tint galery? PXL_20220218_132649043~2

Ford Maverick Complete Window Tint galery? PXL_20220217_132936898~2

Ford Maverick Complete Window Tint galery? PXL_20220217_132950919

Big Bob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘51 Dodge M37, ‘14 VW JettaTDI, ‘22 Subaru Impreza
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just matched the fronts to the backs and did the brow.

Ford Maverick Complete Window Tint galery? 85379452-4AA3-4630-851B-30AD5D2ABA7B

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

KimoCarew

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus ES 300H
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Restrictive window tinting laws seem pretty stupid to me.
Sponsored