Sponsored

Will the Maverick be affected by the chip shortage?

Ren483

First Name
Renald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
My question is, will the Maverick be affected by the chip shortage?
Sponsored

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would not be surprised to learn that the %40 hybrid %60 turbo split is because of the chip shortage.

NapsterKnowHow

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
I'm almost certain the chip shortage is why we are getting Sync 3 in a 2022 model year vehicle from Ford. You can even see where they had planned to put in a larger screen (which Sync 4 uses for the dual panel UI) but they scrapped it. I could have seen them offer it for the Lariat only though. That's probably why there's that awkward looking cubby right of the screen.

mamboman777

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus, 2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm almost certain the chip shortage is why we are getting Sync 3 in a 2022 model year vehicle from Ford. You can even see where they had planned to put in a larger screen (which Sync 4 uses for the dual panel UI) but they scrapped it. I could have seen them offer it for the Lariat only though. That's probably why there's that awkward looking cubby right of the screen.
That's plausible, for sure.

omar2006

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150, 93 F150, 90 Mustang
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It already is, that’s why you have to specifically order one and they aren’t mass producing them to sit on dealer lots.

Sponsored

clippedwings

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Transit Connect
Unfortunately, my Sync 3 system was outdated, hard to use, and not very reliable. Voice recognition wass horrible at best. My Transit Connect's Sync 3 audio module failed in less than 5 years. Dealer replacement: almost $3,000. A dealer mechanic told me it's a component that frequently fails. I'm hoping this version is better.

NapsterKnowHow

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
My friends Sync 3 Android Auto has been really unreliable to use. Still much better than the MyFord Touch but they still need to keep working on improving their interface.

At least the UI looks modern unlike UConnect that is stuck in 2005.

Redneck Garage

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theredneckgarage.com
Vehicle(s)
10 Wrangler 22 Lexus 22 Maverick 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My friends Sync 3 Android Auto has been really unreliable to use. Still much better than the MyFord Touch but they still need to keep working on improving their interface.

At least the UI looks modern unlike UConnect that is stuck in 2005.
Nothing could be as bad as the Uconnect on my 2020 Promaster. total garbage and tied into canbus and the driver information system so a pain to swap with aftermarket.

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't see how Maverick production could not be affected by chip shortages. This is especially true of hybrid/BEV vehicles that use 5-6 times as many chips as their ICE counterparts.

I think Ford had high hopes for Maverick Hybrid's at launch but the reality of semiconductor supply chain is going to severely limit this model for the foreseeable future I'm afraid.

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I finally got a build date. I wasnt in a hurry but I want to get it before there are any more supply issues. God knows what the future will bring.

Maven

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
[redacted]
Sponsored

Last edited: