Sponsored

Will any soft tonneau fit with this Ford Accessory Rack?

PortlandME

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Does anyone know if Ford's OEM Yakima bed rack (PN #VKB3Z9955100B) is it the exact same as the aftermarket Yakima Overhaul rack? I'd prefer to just bundle the rack with my vehicle purchase, but want to make sure the product is identical, as I want to pair it with a RetraxOne Tonneau cover.

They look the same, but sometimes the OEM parts are a bit different than their aftermarket brethern.
did you ever get an answer to this question? I’d like to order the Yakima rack from Ford as it’s cheaper than other dealers. The problem is it’s back ordered from ford with no ETA.
Sponsored

Big Ragu

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Aric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Here is the full setup. Now I just need Bak to ship the Tonneau cover and I’ll be GTG.

Very easy to remove the rail sets once everything aligned appropriately. The tightening to the rail is a knob so you just hand loosen both sides and they slide right out.

I made a mistake during install so I had to take it on and off twice as one unit, not a problem at all.

really pleased and everything is rock solid so far.

9B22593C-E957-42E0-875E-572211CFCA64.jpeg
Wow your rig is looking great. Did you ever get the tanneau installed?

ziggystar84

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Alto Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wow your rig is looking great. Did you ever get the tanneau installed?
still waiting on Bak to make and ship the x4s, I hear February.

in the meantime I built a trifold out of plywood and piano hinges, cost about $100 and is actually pretty awesome, I painted it black and sealed it off pretty well, I put it together for a cross country road trip / winter. Can’t have an exposed bed all winter in the Midwest!

lostinacrowd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not with that one. I’ve been researching this ALOT as I want a rack with tonneau as well and as far as I can tell their are only two methods out there for bed racks that work with tonneau covers.

1 - retractable tonneaus that have built in t-slot rails on the top across both sides that can accept accessories, in this case a bed rack. Best option for this is the Retrac XR models with the Yakima HD Overhaul with t-slot hardware.

pros - looks slick,and retractable covers are really handy/useful. Easy install.

cons - Costs like $2K+ minimum,the rack has a lower weight capacity because it is simply attached into the t-slot and not secured directly to the rail. Retractable covers take up like 13 inches of bed space underneath in a canister.

2 combining low profile tonneau that connect between the rails and do not extend over the bed rails along with a bed rack that attaches on top of the bed rails instead of on the inside rails. These can coexist.

There are many low profile tonneau’s like this ranging from $300-$1300. Bak, Gator, etc.. I purchased the Bak X4s, hard low profile roll up.

As for the bed racks that secure ontop of the bed rack, none have been developed yet to fit the maverick.They all start with securing a long rail on top of the bed rack and then attaching the upright rack to these rails.I plan to modify one of the existing models to the maverick. The best one out there is the Thule Tracrac SR, and the closest size they have is for the Nissan Frontier. The other option is the Adarac Pro, and the closest they make is the one for the 5’ Ranger bed. I emailed Adarac about this, they made one special for the ranger because it also does not have stake pockets, looks like an easy install but you are drilling into the bed rails so gotta be confident in your work.

pros -many options for covers, can Be cheaper, rack and cover are independent of each other, rack has higher weight capacity because it is more secured to the rail

cons - gotta drill into bedrails because there are no stake pockets on maverick. Nothing out yet to fit perfectly with the maverick bed rails.

I’ve been sick the last few days researching this, was helpful to get it all out of my head.. haha
I also have been looking at this for way too long. I'm thinking revolver x4 with Angry Elephant. I want to be able to drop the top of the bars below the cab when I don't need it to reduce wind noise and drag. The alternative is having to remove it fully when I don't need it, but for simplicity sake adjusting the height would be nice. I figure I might have to remove it and hack it up a bit to get it just the right lengths. I'm getting my hybrid next month so we'll see. Looking forward to all the beautiful pictures from all of you rack tonneau owners.

Another thought I had was a topper with t rails on top. Bed slider in the bed. We'll see where I land.

Sponsored

KenC

Banned
Banned
First Name
First
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck.
Ford Maverick Will any soft tonneau fit with this Ford Accessory Rack? IMG_1758

Truxedo Lo Pro, Elevate Rail, Angry Elephant Rack.

Ford Maverick Will any soft tonneau fit with this Ford Accessory Rack? IMG_1750.JPG

lostinacrowd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok so I pulled the trigger on the Elevate Rail + Angry Elephant (P3000 rack) + X4s Hard Rollup cover package from Tonneau Factory Outlet.

https://www.tonneaufactoryoutlet.co...-revolver-x4s-angry-elephant-rack-system.html

Only $1579 - Which is crazy because I had already paid $1000 for the cover on it's own - an order I'm going to cancel, as it's taking a few weeks for them to ship out the maverick cover anyway.

Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 12.07.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 12.09.58 PM.png
You got a steal. I just got a quote and the rack went up over $300.

Rick and Mavy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Maverick Lariat Hybrid, Alto Blue, Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
did you ever get an answer to this question? I’d like to order the Yakima rack from Ford as it’s cheaper than other dealers. The problem is it’s back ordered from ford with no ETA.
Did you ever get your answer on if they ever got their answer?

First Name
Townhouse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid - Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I purchased the Bak X4s, hard low profile roll up.
Have you tried driving this with the bed cover closed but the tailgate down? Like say if you had a kayak or lumber that is larger than the bed but still wanted to cover all the way down.

Sponsored

Bear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus & Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the Elevate bed racks and have the Ford version of the hard roll up cover. The bed rack is at it's lowest setting and it's slightly above the cab....I thought it was slightly below but this pic reminded me how it actually looks.

I plan on betting the Boonedox Yak-Bone Car Top Assist to help me load my 17 foot kayak and it has a load capacity of 180 lbs which is good enough for me. My kayak will stick out about 4 foot(ish) from the front bed rack bar and from the back of the Boonedox Yak.

https://ecofishingshop.com/products/boonedox-yak-bone-car-top-assist

I thought about getting cab rails but I really don't want to drill holes in the cab after thinking about it and don't want the rain gutter type mounts. With this setup I should be strong enough to strap down my wooden safely. I just need to figure out which kayak racks I want to use for the bed racks so it doesn't scratch up my kayak.

More to come on this once we thaw out here in MI. Spring just can't come fast enough.

Ford Maverick Will any soft tonneau fit with this Ford Accessory Rack? IMG_1847.JPEG
Ford Maverick Will any soft tonneau fit with this Ford Accessory Rack? IMG_1444.JPEG

Bear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus & Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The bed rack rails should give the kayak most of the support. The extended hitch mount is about the same height as the bed rack rails so no issues there.

First Name
Townhouse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid - Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

There are many low profile tonneau’s like this ranging from $300-$1300. Bak, Gator, etc.. I purchased the Bak X4s, hard low profile roll up.

I’ve been sick the last few days researching this, was helpful to get it all out of my head.. haha
I just installed my Bak X4S and Elevate rails. I noticed when it rains water leaks from what seems to be between the Eelvate t-slot rails and the Bak rails down into the bed. Have you experienced this? Did you put the thin seal on between the Bak rails and the elevate t slot rails?
Sponsored