Sponsored

Will any soft tonneau fit with this Ford Accessory Rack?

MaverickAngler

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This seems to be my best option to use for traveling with fishing poles. But I’ve got to be able to cover the bed. Anybody know of a soft bed cover that will work?

Ford Maverick Will any soft tonneau fit with this Ford Accessory Rack? 89C0E1BB-7B71-4ED9-9C49-80732B8901F0
Sponsored

ziggystar84

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Alto Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not with that one. I’ve been researching this ALOT as I want a rack with tonneau as well and as far as I can tell their are only two methods out there for bed racks that work with tonneau covers.

1 - retractable tonneaus that have built in t-slot rails on the top across both sides that can accept accessories, in this case a bed rack. Best option for this is the Retrac XR models with the Yakima HD Overhaul with t-slot hardware.

pros - looks slick,and retractable covers are really handy/useful. Easy install.

cons - Costs like $2K+ minimum,the rack has a lower weight capacity because it is simply attached into the t-slot and not secured directly to the rail. Retractable covers take up like 13 inches of bed space underneath in a canister.

2 combining low profile tonneau that connect between the rails and do not extend over the bed rails along with a bed rack that attaches on top of the bed rails instead of on the inside rails. These can coexist.

There are many low profile tonneau’s like this ranging from $300-$1300. Bak, Gator, etc.. I purchased the Bak X4s, hard low profile roll up.

As for the bed racks that secure ontop of the bed rack, none have been developed yet to fit the maverick.They all start with securing a long rail on top of the bed rack and then attaching the upright rack to these rails.I plan to modify one of the existing models to the maverick. The best one out there is the Thule Tracrac SR, and the closest size they have is for the Nissan Frontier. The other option is the Adarac Pro, and the closest they make is the one for the 5’ Ranger bed. I emailed Adarac about this, they made one special for the ranger because it also does not have stake pockets, looks like an easy install but you are drilling into the bed rails so gotta be confident in your work.

pros -many options for covers, can Be cheaper, rack and cover are independent of each other, rack has higher weight capacity because it is more secured to the rail

cons - gotta drill into bedrails because there are no stake pockets on maverick. Nothing out yet to fit perfectly with the maverick bed rails.

I’ve been sick the last few days researching this, was helpful to get it all out of my head.. haha

OP
OP
MaverickAngler

MaverickAngler

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you get answers let me know. I would probably pull the trigger too. I looked at the Thule. Seems easily enough modified to work. I have 2 complaints over what Yamika is offering though. It’s height isn’t adjustable and it’s silver not black

ziggystar84

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you get answers let me know. I would probably pull the trigger too. I looked at the Thule. Seems easily enough modified to work. I have 2 complaints over what Yamika is offering though. It’s height isn’t adjustable and it’s silver not black
Yeah I hear you, those are the same issues I have with the Thule as well.

A new option I discovered today is the Elevate Rack system by Truxedo, they developed a t-slot rail that clamps on the inner sides of the bed so no drilling.

it can be installed with a tonneau at the same time, works with a bunch of different types. Then you can use any rack that fit into t-tracks - they have their own called elevate racks, or THE Yakima HD w t-slot adaptor or the P-3000 / from vantech.

because the t-slot rail is Aluminum it should be easy to cut and with no drilling I think it’s the ideal solution because you can use lots of different covers with it.

Here is the rail on its on, this one is 56” which should be perfect to modify down for the mav.
https://www.newlevelmotorsports.com/elevate1118329.html

here is a company that sells the rail as a set with the rack and cover as well, they have been helpful. This seems like all they do.
https://www.tonneaufactoryoutlet.com/

I would talk to them, I think doing a package with them with the elevate rail (for any 5’ bed that you will cut down), and a rack/tanneau to match is the best way to go. They also sell the retrac rx plus Yakima, just in case you don’t mind the retractable covers too.

The elevate rail is likely what I’ll be doing so I’ll keep you updated as well.

Sponsored

ziggystar84

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok so I pulled the trigger on the Elevate Rail + Angry Elephant (P3000 rack) + X4s Hard Rollup cover package from Tonneau Factory Outlet.

https://www.tonneaufactoryoutlet.co...-revolver-x4s-angry-elephant-rack-system.html

Only $1579 - Which is crazy because I had already paid $1000 for the cover on it's own - an order I'm going to cancel, as it's taking a few weeks for them to ship out the maverick cover anyway.

Ford Maverick Will any soft tonneau fit with this Ford Accessory Rack? Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 12.07.31 PM

Ford Maverick Will any soft tonneau fit with this Ford Accessory Rack? Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 12.09.58 PM

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok so I pulled the trigger on the Elevate Rail + Angry Elephant (P3000 rack) + X4s Hard Rollup cover package from Tonneau Factory Outlet.

https://www.tonneaufactoryoutlet.co...-revolver-x4s-angry-elephant-rack-system.html

Only $1579 - Which is crazy because I had already paid $1000 for the cover on it's own - an order I'm going to cancel, as it's taking a few weeks for them to ship out the maverick cover anyway.

Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 12.09.58 PM.png
Looking forward to seeing your photo of the rack on your Mav!

OP
OP
MaverickAngler

MaverickAngler

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 12.07.31 PM.png
Nice! You’ve pretty much hit me sold on this setup too. I’m going to wait for the truck before I order but I should have it just in time for Black Friday so maybe I’ll get lucky and there will be a sale 😬
Did you go with the fixed rack or adjustable?

the link posted doesn’t allow me to choose a maverick? But I see you have it in your order comfirmation?

ziggystar84

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nice! You’ve pretty much hit me sold on this setup too. I’m going to wait for the truck before I order but I should have it just in time for Black Friday so maybe I’ll get lucky and there will be a sale 😬
Did you go with the fixed rack or adjustable?

the link posted doesn’t allow me to choose a maverick? But I see you have it in your order comfirmation?
adjustable for sure, I am also getting a single Yakima roof cross bar and I want them all to lineup when I need to tie down the big canoe up there.

I will let you know how it goes!

Sponsored

Lyle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
You might look at a Yakima goalpost, it uses the hitch receive. Then a roof rack you can put on when you need it. I used that set up for awhile to haul my 14.5‘ kayak.

ziggystar84

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You might look at a Yakima goalpost, it uses the hitch receive. Then a roof rack you can put on when you need it. I used that set up for awhile to haul my 14.5‘ kayak.
Yeah good call. I do have a hitch extender already that is pretty similar to the goalpost, I will primarily be using it when I have 8-10' lumber that I don't feel like securing to the top of the bed rails. The one I have can go vertical to match the roof or parallel to the bed to extend truck bed security.

With a roof rack you have a really big gap between your two surfaces so it's only really applicable in certain situations. Since I will have one roof cross bar and two bed rack cross bars that gives me 3 points of contact and short spacing between each. for something REALLY long I can also add the hitch extender and get a 4th point of contact.

But those are definitely great for certain applications.

Oceanminded

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Mazda CX-5, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm looking for a similar set up with a soft tonneau cover and the Yakima OverHaul HD Tonneau Set (Towers Only) with Tonneau Kit Bundle to transport my paddle boards. Just ordered the truck so hoping there may be more options a few months from now as I don't want to have to spend 2K on a hard, retractable cover. So to summarize there are currently no soft cover options in the $400-$500 dollar range that will work with these truck racks?

OP
OP
MaverickAngler

MaverickAngler

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm looking for a similar set up with a soft tonneau cover and the Yakima OverHaul HD Tonneau Set (Towers Only) with Tonneau Kit Bundle to transport my paddle boards. Just ordered the truck so hoping there may be more options a few months from now as I don't want to have to spend 2K on a hard, retractable cover. So to summarize there are currently no soft cover options in the $400-$500 dollar range that will work with these truck racks?
No, that’s no correct. I’ll be doing a Truxedo soft roll up for about $489

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid