Sponsored

Will any soft tonneau fit with this Ford Accessory Rack?

sabar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Ok so I pulled the trigger on the Elevate Rail + Angry Elephant (P3000 rack) + X4s Hard Rollup cover package from Tonneau Factory Outlet.

https://www.tonneaufactoryoutlet.co...-revolver-x4s-angry-elephant-rack-system.html

Only $1579 - Which is crazy because I had already paid $1000 for the cover on it's own - an order I'm going to cancel, as it's taking a few weeks for them to ship out the maverick cover anyway.

Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 12.07.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-12 at 12.09.58 PM.png
Great find, I got a similar price and also placed an order. They added more rail size options as well very recently, they didn't have them all before.

An FYI for anyone else looking at Tonneau Factory Outlet, the website doesn't show the latest and greatest stuff (aka most Maverick options aren't shown), but if you call/chat/email them, they can get you all configured and price quoted on a tonneau/rack package.

Mymaverick2021

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not with that one. I’ve been researching this ALOT as I want a rack with tonneau as well and as far as I can tell their are only two methods out there for bed racks that work with tonneau covers.

1 - retractable tonneaus that have built in t-slot rails on the top across both sides that can accept accessories, in this case a bed rack. Best option for this is the Retrac XR models with the Yakima HD Overhaul with t-slot hardware.

pros - looks slick,and retractable covers are really handy/useful. Easy install.

cons - Costs like $2K+ minimum,the rack has a lower weight capacity because it is simply attached into the t-slot and not secured directly to the rail. Retractable covers take up like 13 inches of bed space underneath in a canister.

2 combining low profile tonneau that connect between the rails and do not extend over the bed rails along with a bed rack that attaches on top of the bed rails instead of on the inside rails. These can coexist.

There are many low profile tonneau’s like this ranging from $300-$1300. Bak, Gator, etc.. I purchased the Bak X4s, hard low profile roll up.

As for the bed racks that secure ontop of the bed rack, none have been developed yet to fit the maverick.They all start with securing a long rail on top of the bed rack and then attaching the upright rack to these rails.I plan to modify one of the existing models to the maverick. The best one out there is the Thule Tracrac SR, and the closest size they have is for the Nissan Frontier. The other option is the Adarac Pro, and the closest they make is the one for the 5’ Ranger bed. I emailed Adarac about this, they made one special for the ranger because it also does not have stake pockets, looks like an easy install but you are drilling into the bed rails so gotta be confident in your work.

pros -many options for covers, can Be cheaper, rack and cover are independent of each other, rack has higher weight capacity because it is more secured to the rail

cons - gotta drill into bedrails because there are no stake pockets on maverick. Nothing out yet to fit perfectly with the maverick bed rails.

I’ve been sick the last few days researching this, was helpful to get it all out of my head.. haha
Truxedo Pro x15 supposed to be avalible for your Maverick

ziggystar84

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Alto Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Truxedo Pro x15 supposed to be avalible for your Maverick
I’m not sure I see the point of this reply. However, that cover will work with the elevate rail system, just like any low profile cover. Nothing unique here regarding cover / rail integration.

ziggystar84

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Update on the Elevate rail system.

I have received the rail and did a test fit on the mav bed, it fits perfectly!

I was worried because the mav bed rail has a little lip, but the entire elevate rail sits inside of the lip.

I also tested cutting the rail to length on my miter saw, and this worked like a charm. The aluminum cuts easily with a sharp blade.

Here is a video of me cutting down the first rail. After this cut I have factored in the end caps, which take up 1” total and 1/4 inch additional spacing, so the ideal final rail dimension looks to be about 51.5”. Will continue to update dimensions as I move forward.

Cutting rail

Rail test fit

Raining today so I’m going to wait on final install but I will make a video for that as well.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Pogeegitz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Expedition Max XLT, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

I was worried because the mav bed rail has a little lip, but the entire elevate rail sits inside of the lip.

I also tested cutting the rail to length on my miter saw, and this worked like a charm. The aluminum cuts easily with a sharp blade.

Here is a video of me cutting down the first rail. After this cut I have factored in the end caps, which take up 1” total and 1/4 inch additional spacing, so the ideal final rail dimension looks to be about 51.5”. Will continue to update dimensions as I move forward.

Cutting rail

Rail test fit

Raining today so I’m going to wait on final install but I will make a video for that as well.
Looking forward to seeing how this turns out. I'm looking for something similar too. I take it this would also work with the bed extender? Doesn't look like it would interfere.

PortlandME

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Cutting rail

Rail test fit

Thanks for doing this! Looking forward to seeing the final install as I'm planning on a similar setup. Any update?

ziggystar84

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
This package is the Pro X15, the Elephant Rack System, and the TS Elevate Rails? I don't see any mention of the TS Elevate Rail.
I think all of their rack/cover angry elephant packages use the elevate rail except for the retrac system, at least for trucks without stake hole/pockets like the Mav.

angry elephant is the p3000 rack, and has its own rail but that rail needs to be bolted to the rail, which would mean drilling for the mav.

ziggystar84

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks for doing this! Looking forward to seeing the final install as I'm planning on a similar setup. Any update?
Happy to help the community and get the setup I’m looking for at the same time.

2 more videos below and got the first set installed, pic at the bottom. My rack was missing 2 pieces for the other vertical/crossbars so I could not install, will be coming Monday.

and the Bak X4s won’t ship until early November so it will be a while until the full system is setup. But I can already see how easy it will be to install over the elevate rail.

final rail install fit

Rack T-slot hardware install

I dont have a video of the cross bar install but I’ll show that with the final set. Early feedback is the system feels very solid overall, I will be hauling some lumber in the next few weeks so I’ll be putting it to the test! I also have 1 Yakima roof rack to install so I have 3 points of contact for my 17’ Canoe or long lumber, probably do that this weekend.

Ford Maverick Will any soft tonneau fit with this Ford Accessory Rack? A64A3CA3-1ECB-4B5B-A3E6-370BF0701652

Sponsored

ziggystar84

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looking forward to seeing how this turns out. I'm looking for something similar too. I take it this would also work with the bed extender? Doesn't look like it would interfere.
should be fine, depends on how much clearance from the bedside the extender has as it rotates, the elevate rail system plus the tonneau rail will add about 3/8 of an inch max to the inner top rail. The biggest issue might be the inner rail clamps towards the the tailgate.

ziggystar84

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Maverick Will any soft tonneau fit with this Ford Accessory Rack? 004AC976-7876-4E37-9E95-82F4CCD04BAC
Update with the Yakima Rack added. Finishing the Angry Elephant Rack today.

Pogeegitz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
004AC976-7876-4E37-9E95-82F4CCD04BAC.jpeg
Update with the Yakima Rack added. Finishing the Angry Elephant Rack today.
oooh, i like that. so only one rack in the bed and one roof rack?

ziggystar84

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
oooh, i like that. so only one rack in the bed and one roof rack?
I’m adding the back rack today, but yes I may go with just 2 most of the time. Because the back rack can be adjusted on the fly I can space them however I want.

Pogeegitz

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m adding the back rack today, but yes I may go with just 2 most of the time. Because the back rack can be adjusted on the fly I can space them however I want.
I like the idea of at least one rack on the roof to protect the roof/antenna. and probably only need the back rack when carrying longer loads. How easy are they to add/remove?
Sponsored