First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Maverick is a family car replacement and is a truck that does truck stuff as stated by Ford.

A SuperCab Maverick will never be made.

Same for those who cry about a why not make a manual transmission Maverick. It also won't happen.

The Maverick is not going to become something else it is what it is.

Last edited:

HotJombalya

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jombee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Ranger Edge, 2022 Mitsubishi Outlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I hope it does, and now all of the sudden I ESPECIALLY hope it comes with a manual at some point.

ejouie

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Maverick, Atlas Blue, FWD, EcoBoost, XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

If the Bronco Sport gets a 2-door version, then a Super Cab Maverick probably wouldnt be too far behind. I doubt they do 1 without the other though.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Dmthomp32

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
A manual transmission ecoboost in that little package would likely be a fun drive though!

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't see Ford messing up a good thing (this time, lol).
Keep in mind, the Ranger is on a frame and thus the cab and bed configurations can be modified from two door, four door, extended cab, short bed, long bed, whatever, at a nominal cost difference. The Maverick is a unibody and to change the configuration would be basically building a new truck from the ground up. Costly. Also, Ford didn't build the Maverick to compete with the Ranger sales. So, not going to happen.

Dechion

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Forte
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My guess is that part of the reasoning is that Maverick is a unibody vehicle. Changing the geometry of the body will change the way the structure handles loads, from driving, to hauling, to impact resistance.

Even looking at the way the Maverick is laid out you can see there is not a 90 degree angle where the cab area meets the bed, instead there are a pair of 45 degree angles. Thats a structural support similar to the knee braces that get installed on motorcycle frames near the neck.

If that was moved further forward then the brace would likely have to be bigger at the very least, like first gen Ridgeline or Avalanche have. Thats just one example from what I can see.

Could they build a singe cab or supercab Maverick? Probably, but it would need a serious redesign of the load carrying parts of the body.

Its far easier to change the cab to bed ratio on a body on frame truck like the Ranger.

( I see @Dad beat me to the punch while I was typing, lol)

Reactions: Dad

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My guess is that part of the reasoning is that Maverick is a unibody vehicle. Changing the geometry of the body will change the way the structure handles loads, from driving, to hauling, to impact resistance.

Even looking at the way the Maverick is laid out you can see there is not a 90 degree angle where the cab area meets the bed, instead there are a pair of 45 degree angles. Thats a structural support similar to the knee braces that get installed on motorcycle frames near the neck.

If that was moved further forward then the brace would likely have to be bigger at the very least, like first gen Ridgeline or Avalanche have. Thats just one example from what I can see.

Could they build a singe cab or supercab Maverick? Probably, but it would need a serious redesign of the load carrying parts of the body.

Its far easier to change the cab to bed ratio on a body on frame truck like the Ranger.

( I see @Dad beat me to the punch while I was typing, lol)
Maybe, but your post is so much more informative and it never hurts to have more of that! Thanks for the recognition.

Sponsored

rlhdweman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Caddy Fleetwood,73 Caddy Sedan,75 Eldorado Conv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I hope it does, and now all of the sudden I ESPECIALLY hope it comes with a manual at some point.
It won't, manuals are so old school, modern automatics are quicker & more efficient, even the Corvette has done away with them. The only manual you are getting is the owner's manual & that may disappear to, you'll have to look at it on your camera.

HotJombalya

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jombee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Ranger Edge, 2022 Mitsubishi Outlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They still have a place. I doubt the Mav will ever get one but it would be sweet.
Sponsored