Sponsored

Why is there carpet in the first place??

Poultrygeist

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord, Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My floor mats ( rubber and carpet combo ) from Costco are heavy duty, stay in place and IMO look as good as the ones from Weather Tech.

Ford Maverick Why is there carpet in the first place?? Goodyear-4-Piece-Car-Mat-Set-Costco-3
Sponsored

MagnusBjorn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have sprayed Linex in the tubs of all of my Jeep wranglers. Nothing like using a leaf blower to get the dust and dog hair out. I also had one that had a vinyl tub liner made by Bedrug that had insulation for noise. I would love one of those for the Maverick.

Skyline

First Name
Skyline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Honda Ridgeline
Engine
Undecided
Pickup trucks nowadays not always used for work and people like me, prefer carpet. A good while ego, I walked away from a new Chevy deal, when the sales guys told me that "You don't want carpet in your truck and getting mud all over on your carpet". He didn't understand that I am not in any kind of "muddy" business. I don't recall anyone in the IT business, who had rubber flooring in their vehicles...

And no, I don't have vinyl floor in my house, instead, it is 70 years old 2 1/4" original red oak flooring, but each of its own...

Last Truck Ever

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My current ride is an old school Ranger XL, no carpet and I HATE the floors. Impossible to keep nice looking without a mat, and equally impossible to keep any mat in place. Lose/lose. At least with carpet the mats stay in place, and keeping them nice looking is a breeze, just pull out and wash on car wash day. That's why you have/need carpet.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Pickup trucks nowadays not always used for work and people like me, prefer carpet. A good while ego, I walked away from a new Chevy deal, when the sales guys told me that "You don't want carpet in your truck and getting mud all over on your carpet". He didn't understand that I am not in any kind of "muddy" business. I don't recall anyone in the IT business, who had rubber flooring in their vehicles...

And no, I don't have vinyl floor in my house, instead, it is 70 years old 2 1/4" original red oak flooring, but each of its own...
I work in IT and I have the rubber floor liners in my truck, but only because I plan to use it with the Boy Scouts over the next four to five years. Otherwise, I prefer carpet. It does help cut down the noise as carpet acts as a sound deadener. It's why carpeted rooms sound closer than those with hardwood/tile.

Sponsored

Bob The Builder

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Cherokee ** 2023 Mav FX/4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

DoubleDee

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Passat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It is pretty dumb for any vehicle. Especially up here in the northeast. The salt always makes everything look like shit. I'd choose vinyl flooring in a Mercedes if I could.

FischAutoTechGarten

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Green Valley Arizona USA, Alamos Sonora MEX
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mav Lariat EB AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

appreciate carpet is a bad idea for you folks in the northeast or rustbelt.
however, those of us in the desert, with our hard pan soil and concrete/tile floors appreciate something soft under our feet every once in a while.. :)

Tim d

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Random shower thought here .. Ford spends $ to install carpet in their vehicles. We spend money covering up that carpet with mats. Why doesn't Ford just offer carpet-less flooring for the Maverick?

This idea came to me after seeing the Lighting Pro (lowest model) and actually wanting a non-carpeted floor lol
Good point,the wife bought 250 dollar weathertech mats for our mav. But I think some people just don't care and would just trash the carpet.

pa-outdoorsman

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, EB, LUX, FX4, 4K, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ford and other manufacturers still offers rubber/vinyl flooring on police and government vehicles. Before I got my Maverick, I was considering getting a used Expedition or Tahoe or Suburban. If you search online, you can find former police vehicles available with the rubber flooring and a wide open back end where equipment can be more easily stored/mounted than would normally be the case with a standard configuration.

I thought such basic utility would be a perfect for an outdoorsy person such as me.

I put front and rear vinyl Smarliners in my Maverick. I agree the carpet is a magnet for sand, salt, dirt and all moisture, whether that be water, soda, deer blood or fish guts. I much prefer a deep-sided vinyl mat that can be taken out and hosed down.

Sponsored

mitchwkr

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It's funny, but I've always wanted carpet in my trucks. It's one of the first things I look for or ask. Before I got my Maverick in March, I was driving a 2010 Ranger and it was basic. No power or carpet. A 5 speed. I didn't mind it not having carpet. I didn't buy it new though. It just seemed to be right without carpet, but as a rule, I want carpet if I'm buying new.

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
appreciate carpet is a bad idea for you folks in the northeast or rustbelt.
however, those of us in the desert, with our hard pan soil and concrete/tile floors appreciate something soft under our feet every once in a while.. :)
You drive barefoot?