First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, viper, c8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just finished the drop in bed liner on one of my trucks and I was pleasantly surprised at how good it its, I’m not a fan of the drop in but this one surprised me, I’m not going to let my trucks get pass the warranty period so having a drop in works great to transfer it to the replacement trucks. The 5 piece set up is easy to install and the fit and finish is great, the hardest thing to do is cut out the holes for the cubbys but is all very well marked on the back well worth the 350 I paid.

Ford Maverick Drop in bed liner installed better than expected! 13CC454D-9A37-4BFB-9BC6-9EF50D02DD1E

Ford Maverick Drop in bed liner installed better than expected! 6F55C97B-9BA0-4B7E-A1BC-30478AA0D342

Ford Maverick Drop in bed liner installed better than expected! 3E099B97-4E64-4208-81C5-8CEA2E4ED252
Sponsored

Samus L. Jackson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Drop in does look very nice. I mean this one specifically, the official Ford one. Seems to be of high quality, based on pictures I've seen on this forum.

At first I wasn't so sure. I was disappointed to learn the lux package dropped the SIBL in favor on the DIBL. But eh...even if I dropped the lux package altogether, I would consider adding the DIBL back into my order.

OP
OP
Cubican

Cubican

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, viper, c8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Drop in does look very nice. I mean this one specifically, the official Ford one. Seems to be of high quality, based on pictures I've seen on this forum.

At first I wasn't so sure. I was disappointed to learn the lux package dropped the SIBL in favor on the DIBL. But eh...even if I dropped the lux package altogether, I would consider adding the DIBL back into my order.
I think a lot of people where worry about the drop in but they have nothing to worry about great product

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just finished the drop in bed liner on one of my trucks and I was pleasantly surprised at how good it its, I’m not a fan of the drop in but this one surprised me, I’m not going to let my trucks get pass the warranty period so having a drop in works great to transfer it to the replacement trucks. The 5 piece set up is easy to install and the fit and finish is great, the hardest thing to do is cut out the holes for the cubbys but is all very well marked on the back well worth the 350 I paid.
13CC454D-9A37-4BFB-9BC6-9EF50D02DD1E.jpeg

6F55C97B-9BA0-4B7E-A1BC-30478AA0D342.jpeg

3E099B97-4E64-4208-81C5-8CEA2E4ED252.jpeg
Did you cut out any of the spots for the various tie downs near the tailgate? Mine is going to come with the DIBL installed from the factory, but I want to add more tie-downs in the spots Ford predrilled holes. Getting an XL, so they won't all come pre-installed, and I assume wont come with those locations in the DIBL cut out for me.

My worry is since the guides for where exactly to cut are on the back of the liner, I'm going to either need to guess, pull the sides off to expose the back, or get someone to measure precisely where the predrilled pilot holes are for me behind the liner.

OP
OP
Cubican

Cubican

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, viper, c8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Nothing comes cut out but you can remove the side panels no problem is only one bolt holding them

Sponsored

Samus L. Jackson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Let me ask you this...do you feel like this DIBL is snug and not going to move around?

I think the common criticism is that DIBLs slide around and scratch up the paint and will eventually cause rust.

I wonder if that will happen with this Ford DIBL or not. But also aren't their drain holes in the bed as well?

I guess I'm just wondering if the "bed will rust out if you have a DIBL" thing is a bit overplayed.

OP
OP
Cubican

Cubican

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, viper, c8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The 5 piece designed is great all the parts fit very well I really don’t have any concerns about rubbing and trust me I’m not a fan of the drop in but this one is the best fitting one I have ever seen, plus the unibody will have way less movement than a regular truck

tngreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Look awesome! I kinda like it better than spray in. If stained etc...just get a new one...good to go!
We have an 89 Ranger, 313k with FORD drop in liner....absolutely no rust issues at all and looks great still....after life of lite farming duty use!

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

13CC454D-9A37-4BFB-9BC6-9EF50D02DD1E.jpeg

6F55C97B-9BA0-4B7E-A1BC-30478AA0D342.jpeg

3E099B97-4E64-4208-81C5-8CEA2E4ED252.jpeg
The more I see the DIBL the more I'm liking it over the SIBL. Here in AZ I'm not concerned about any moisture getting trapped between the liner and the bed, maybe dust or sand, but it looks like the liner fits really snug so this might not be an issue at all.

Sponsored

PT Lawn Guy

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus ux
Can i go to my local Ford dealer and order one. I have a May 2 build week so i am hoping to get both at the same time.

OP
OP
Cubican

Cubican

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, viper, c8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP
Cubican

Cubican

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, viper, c8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can i go to my local Ford dealer and order one. I have a May 2 build week so i am hoping to get both at the same time.
Remember your going to get 42000 ford point that you can used on it

ptalbert33

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree with you 100%. At first, I was hesitant about a drop in bed liner, but after getting our Maverick I was extremely happy with its quality and fit. If you are waiting for your maverick with this option, don’t stress, you will like it.
Sponsored