Sponsored

Your Bed Liner Preference - spray in, drop in, other?

Which type of bed liner do you prefer?

• Total voters

TacoHolder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not Mav
I ordered a XLT Lux over the weekend (11/13) and it seems that it was after the cutoff to receive a spary-in liner (11/10). I wanted the hard drop-in with the cold weather features in the Lux, but wasn't able to configure it that way. So I guess I should consider myself lucky to (eventually, maybe?) get what I want purely by coincidence. My question is do any of you prefer the hard drop-in? Why or why not?
Sponsored

Criss944

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Criss
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverodo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have owned three kinds of bed liners. The first was hard drop-in. It trapped water, things slid around, and it seemed to be as hard on the bed as know liner. However, it was very easy to clean after haling gravel or mulch.
My next truck had a very heavy rubber mat which I liked very much. Things did not tended to slide and when the bed needed cleaning I took it out.
With the spray in liner things did not tend to slid around but I found it hard to clean after haling mulch.

Oneeyecy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered a XLT Lux over the weekend (11/13) and it seems that it was after the cutoff to receive a spary-in liner (11/10). I wanted the hard drop-in with the cold weather features in the Lux, but wasn't able to configure it that way. So I guess I should consider myself lucky to (eventually, maybe?) get what I want purely by coincidence. My question is do any of you prefer the hard drop-in? Why or why not?
I was sold spay in on 10-11 only to find out I was a day late boo

OP
OP
TacoHolder

TacoHolder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not Mav
I have owned three kinds of bed liners. The first was hard drop-in. It trapped water, things slid around, and it seemed to be as hard on the bed as know liner. However, it was very easy to clean after haling gravel or mulch.
My next truck had a very heavy rubber mat which I liked very much. Things did not tended to slide and when the bed needed cleaning I took it out.
With the spray in liner things did not tend to slid around but I found it hard to clean after haling mulch.
Appreciate you sharing your experience. The heavy rubber mat might be a nice addition to use with the drop-in. I also had a BedRug in a Ram and thought it was pretty cool, but it frays a bit too easily. Not quite as durable as traditional options.

OP
OP
TacoHolder

TacoHolder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not Mav
I was sold spay in on 10-11 only to find out I was a day late boo
Sorry to hear that. You could maybe sell the drop-in and use the proceeds for Rhino or Line-X job. The real challenge would be finding a buyer. Maybe your dealer will put you in touch with someone who ordered without one and is now regretting it. IDK just throwing ideas out there. I hope things work out for you and you enjoy the truck.

New2AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX Hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered FE. Comes with spray-in. I'll take it if they make it!
Sponsored