Where to get extra XLT key?

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I know a locksmith can cut keys but they are few and few between where i live.i know ford can do it but they are expensive .does anyone know if anyone on the internet can cut one.or if nothing else sale me a blank key.
Key is $40 on ebay. Seller will cut key before shipping for another $20. Programming would still be needed from local locksmith or dealer.
Sponsored

imboden013

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ha! I just talked to my Ford salesman about a 3rd key today. Found out my Ford points weren't enough and was surprised at the price.
I think I was quoted $239 plus cost of programming which was another $100 or so. By time add tax it was close to $400.

AlzMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey 2013
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My dealer gave me one key and said they could not find the other one. They said that they will look for it and if its not found they will replace it for me. Bought truck at Chapman Philly. I live about 2 hours away. Asked my local Ford dealer to price it. Local dealer quoted $289 Plus Tax.
Chapman has honored to pay.

imboden013

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a Mav Lariat with push button start. I bought one on eBay from great_keys for $28. Then the dealer that sold me the truck programmed it for $50.

Sponsored

imboden013

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Don't remember the price exactly but I think it was about $220. The remote start fob was more than twice that.
That’s why I took a gamble and went to eBay to buy a key. Under $30 tax and all free shipping and the ford dealer I bought my Mav from programmed it for $57 including tax. Works great.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

That’s why I took a gamble and went to eBay to buy a key. Under $30 tax and all free shipping and the ford dealer I bought my Mav from programmed it for $57 including tax. Works great.
Thanks, that's the way to go.

imboden013

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks, that's the way to go.
I found my key at great_keys. I think seller also has a user name good_keys. I’d be sure to check about programming before purchase, as a local lock smith couldn’t do it and some Ford dealers wanted a small fortune to do it and as I said it was a gamble on wether it would take program. My dealer had to try twice before he got it to work.

scotty

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge caravan
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Kinda sounds like it would be easier to just let the dealer get whatever it takes,set it up,and pay them😎
yes, it would be easier but harder on the wallet unless there was an alternative. like the way I did on my dodge caravan. if you have two keys you can make a third and program it yourself.

imboden013

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
yes, it would be easier but harder on the wallet unless there was an alternative. like the way I did on my dodge caravan. if you have two keys you can make a third and program it yourself.
Might want to look check great_keys on eBay.

Sponsored

imboden013

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
thanks for lead. went and found a key but cite says "it will need to be programmed by locksmith.
I took mine to dealer where I bought it and they gave me a deal on programming $57 tax included which was way less than my local dealer wanted. They had to go through procedure twice as 1st time didn’t work.

imboden013

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No
They come with two
Maybe he lost one or bought it used
I bought it used and ford dealer only had one key. Bought the key from great_keys on eBay. $27 then the dealer I bought it from programmed it for $57.

Fcnrwy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Area 51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just my 2cents...

My last Ranger (2008) only came with one key. Bought it in 2012.
Cost me $100 to get a locksmith to make a 2nd (2012). Year later, made a 3rd key myself.

My Mav came with 2 keys, So I think I might pickup a 3rd and try programming it myself.
When, I have dropped by Carvana once a week, to see what Mavericks are going for.
I have noticed a LOT OF "One Key" Trucks.. This kinda sucks... :(

Jerry
Sponsored