Sponsored

When does horn blow upon locking doors

L Martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LuxLariat 2.0 cactus grey FX4
This afternoon when I locked the drivers side door using the touch sensor, the horn blew twice. I unlocked the door, relocked it the same way, and the same thing happened. I had been sitting in the truck for maybe 10 minutes. When I locked the doors after driving home, the truck remained silent. I have locked the doors numerous times in the two weeks since I took delivery without a single horn toot. I looked in the manual but couldnt find anything about this. It is no big deal, but I would like to know under what circumstances the horn toots upon locking the doors.
Sponsored

OP
OP

L Martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I may have found the answer, in part. This is a Lariat. The horn is supposed to toot twice if you lock the door with the key fob inside. I think I pushed the manual door lock, the one near the inside door handle, before exiting. The door was already open but I was still inside. Maybe that had something to do with it. Hasn’t happened again in more than 2 months.

Last edited:

SkeeterB

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux, 4K, FX4, 360, Velocity Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Lariat. Key fob lock button once - no horn. Push twice and toot toot.

HPR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If I lock my XLT with it running and the key inside it honks at me.

Sponsored

Area51BS

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If I lock my XLT with it running and the key inside it honks at me.
I believe mine honks off it’s running and i get out closing the door. Maybe it’s because of the push button start/stop some may forget to turn it off.

dgnx6

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This afternoon when I locked the drivers side door using the touch sensor, the horn blew twice. I unlocked the door, relocked it the same way, and the same thing happened. I had been sitting in the truck for maybe 10 minutes. When I locked the doors after driving home, the truck remained silent. I have locked the doors numerous times in the two weeks since I took delivery without a single horn toot. I looked in the manual but couldnt find anything about this. It is no big deal, but I would like to know under what circumstances the horn toots upon locking the doors.
mine only honks when I hit lock on the fob twice. Doesn’t do it if I hit it once or lock it from the keypad.

HPR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I believe mine honks off it’s running and i get out closing the door. Maybe it’s because of the push button start/stop some may forget to turn it off.
I dont have push button :cry:

OP
OP

L Martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The motor had been off for 10 or 15 minutes and I didn’t use the fob, which was in my pocket. Second fob was nowhere near the truck. I locked it with the touch sensor on the door handle. It honked twice. I opened the door, closed it and again locked it with the touch sensor. Again, two honks. So I opened it once more and locked it again in the same manner. This time, no honks. And none since. Probably a one off oddity.

Sponsored

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
nvm....

Last edited:

Larrythelunatic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Toyota Pickup. 22 IS hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

On a previous vehicle, one click on the fob would lock it, the second click on the fob would arm the alarm. Only on the second would the horn toot.
So, on my Lariat, if I lock it with a handle touch, or with a single click of the fob, and no horn toot, does that mean that the doors are locked (they are), but that the alarm is not armed?

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
mine only honks when I hit lock on the fob twice. Doesn’t do it if I hit it once or lock it from the keypad.
In my lariat if and key pad is used to lock the doors they will NOT LOCK if fob is left in the hybrid. I like to press lock twice on fob and hear double think as locking confirmation.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not sure but check out if truck is running and you want to get out without manually setting the parking brake with truck in neutral (or maybe even in park (possibly not in automatic park caused by opening driver's door). I believe that if you leave truck running and manually set park brake door will not lock when you exit but I always leave door open and park manually set on when I get out with truck running.

MakinDoForNow

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Have not confirmed but if truck is running and you want to lock it you must first manually set the parking brake before opening door.
Sponsored