First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
On my 97 Jeep I installed offset wheels to widen the stance. I saw a way to do this with stock wheels. Offset wheels provide 360 degree contact. These only provide 5 points of contact. Thoughts??https://rokblokz.com/products/ford-wheel-spacers
Sponsored

Darksider

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two
Your pretty much going to stick out past the fender for no good reason with spacers. Only reason for wider stance is offroading which this car is not that kind of car.

Reactions: Guv

TE37Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
On my 97 Jeep I installed offset wheels to widen the stance. I saw a way to do this with stock wheels. Offset wheels provide 360 degree contact. These only provide 5 points of contact. Thoughts??https://rokblokz.com/products/ford-wheel-spacers
Your post is confusing af. But spacers not needed on this truck up front atleast rear could definitely use one tho.

Area51Lariatfx4

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat FX4 Area 51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Sponsored

HPR

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The rear wheels could def use a spacer to make them even with the front. I had amazon aluminum spacers on my E350 extended high tip van for almost 4 years with no problems.

Area51Lariatfx4

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You’d just have to change lug nuts.
Is it a snug fit to the rims? If it is I might just order one, because that’s all is available for now. There’s no M14x1.5 available for now. I’m planning on putting a 25mm to the rear just to make it flush on the fender

TE37Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is it a snug fit to the rims? If it is I might just order one, because that’s all is available for now. There’s no M14x1.5 available for now. I’m planning on putting a 25mm to the rear just to make it flush on the fender
M14 is the stud size. 25 mm spacers will have its own studs so you’d need two sets of lug nuts one set of M14 to atttach to the truck and a second set that matches what the studs on the spacer are.

Area51Lariatfx4

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
M14 is the stud size. 25 mm spacers will have its own studs so you’d need two sets of lug nuts one set of M14 to atttach to the truck and a second set that matches what the studs on the spacer are.
Ok, I know that. So I’m guessing that the M12 and M14 lug nuts outside diameter are the same then to seat snug the conical part of the lug nuts to the rims, because obviously the M12 has a smaller shank, so it will have a smaller conical seat

Last edited:

TE37Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok, I know that. So I’m guessing that the M12 and M14 lug nuts outside diameter are the same then to seat snug the conical part of the lug nuts to the rims, because obviously the M12 has a smaller shank, so it will have a smaller conical seat
no the outside diameter is not the same hence m14vsm12. But the lug will sit fine ether way. Or else wheels would be sold based of lugnut size.

Sponsored

Area51Lariatfx4

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
no the outside diameter
no the outside diameter is not the same hence m14vsm12. But the lug will sit fine ether way. Or else wheels would be sold based of lugnut size.
Thanks for clarifying that. I was worried that it will not sit properly. Appreciate it!

BMCGC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65/67 Mustang 22 Santa Cruz 23 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Pushing the wheels outside the fender will sandblast the paint off your lower quarters,

Hyim

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Sonic Silver
Your post is confusing af. But spacers not needed on this truck up front atleast rear could definitely use one tho.
Why would you put rear spacers and not front. Your track width will be different bias. The feel of the vehicle will be off as the Maverick AWD is FWD heavy. Only benefits to the spacer will be for cosmetic purposes only. Spacers in the rear will affect handling and possibly affect traction system during a slip condition

TE37Mav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Why would you put rear spacers and not front. Your track width will be different bias. The feel of the vehicle will be off as the Maverick AWD is FWD heavy. Only benefits to the spacer will be for cosmetic purposes only. Spacers in the rear will affect handling and possibly affect traction system during a slip condition
Your talking bout a 15-20 mm spacer. You won’t feel any difference. Is there affect probably. We can go back and forth forever, people swear by spacers, people swear against spacers. In this situation is about aesthetics.
Sponsored