Sponsored

What Maverick Configuration(s) Required for Adaptive Cruise Control?

• Thread starter Deleted member 3640
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0

Deleted member 3640

Hi,

New member, just sent my reservation in, so no doubt a bit of a wait for me. I have a question though I have not been able to resolve yet that I am betting the group here knows the answer to:

Which models/packages of maverick gets me the adaptive cruise control? I am currently set up to be ordering a Cyber Orange EcoBoost 2.0 AWD XLT with all of the available packages (4K Tow, CoPilot 360, FX4 Off-Road, and XLT Luxury). The 300A equipment package mentions cruise control but not adaptive cruise control, so not clear to me if my build is including that feature?

Thanks for any info,

Best Regards,

ML
Sponsored

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A4, Chevy Chevelle SS, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Welcome!

Lariat w/ Lux Package. End of list.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi,

New member, just sent my reservation in, so no doubt a bit of a wait for me. I have a question though I have not been able to resolve yet that I am betting the group here knows the answer to:

Which models/packages of maverick gets me the adaptive cruise control? I am currently set up to be ordering a Cyber Orange EcoBoost 2.0 AWD XLT with all of the available packages (4K Tow, CoPilot 360, FX4 Off-Road, and XLT Luxury). The 300A equipment package mentions cruise control but not adaptive cruise control, so not clear to me if my build is including that feature?

Thanks for any info,

Best Regards,

ML
I think that is only available on the Lariat Lux and First Addition

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think that is only available on the Lariat Lux and First Addition
Correct. I always forget about FE. Essentially Lariat Lux with paint and graphics.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3640

OK very good to know, thanks everyone :) I will have to consider changing my order, as that is a very important feature to me.

ML

Sponsored

OP
OP

Deleted member 3640

Order converted to Lariat version to accommodate this option. Sigh. Not as cheap as I would have liked now. Seems like there is always that one feature you just can't live without that makes you have to get that extra package that kicks the price up past what you wanted, on every new car I have ever bought.

CoryDallas8123

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Order converted to Lariat version to accommodate this option. Sigh. Not as cheap as I would have liked now. Seems like there is always that one feature you just can't live without that makes you have to get that extra package that kicks the price up past what you wanted, on every new car I have ever bought.
I never been behind the wheel of a car with adaptive cruise. It’s that good?

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Now you have a handful of additional features that you can convince yourself you actually want, to make yourself feel a tiny bit better. Have a cookie my friend 🍪, RIP our wallets

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It is great. I couldn't pull the trigger because I dislike the lariat interior too much, but otherwise I would have absolutely doesn't the extra for it.

abcinv

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Tundra DBL Cab Limited 4WD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We have adaptive cruise on my wife's car and I can't stand using it. Thank goodness it's easy to turn off and use the regular cruise I grew up with.

I use cruise to maintain my speed, not to maintain the speed of whomever pulls in front of me.

But each to their own I suppose...

Sponsored

Naranjita

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
NAH-RON-EE-TAH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It varies by car. I loved it on the Ford Explorer and my wife's Kia Sedona. I hated it on the Chrysler Pacifica. But when it's good, it's amazing!!! I am in urban stop and go traffic all the time. I am far more patient and relaxed when I arrive, not caring about 5 MPH slow downs, lane jockeying. My hip and ankle are not killing me from stop and go, stop and go. I'm less likely to get off the freeway in an attempt to save a few minutes. Just start a new play list, scan through Sirius stations. Have a few texts read to me, and then I am there. :)

I can't live without adaptive cruise now and the reason I went Lariat. That and the B&O sound system. Also, I love lane centering. Had it in a few rental cars now. I just hope it all comes together well in the Maverick.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3640

After enjoying it for years on my Crosstrek I simply will never own another vehicle without it. But as you say, everyone does not have that same feeling about it, which is why it is still an optional feature I guess...

ML

elticual

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Optima
It was a requirement for me that my new car would have adaptive cruise control, and that its implementation wasn't terrible. I rented a Nissan Armada to drive from Florida to North Carolina and it had the worst version of any ADAS features I've encountered. It just feels wrong. Most recently I drove a Ford Explorer with it to TN and it was a better version of the Ford Flex I had driven a few years prior when the tech was relatively new.

Given that it's going to be the same tech and body design and engineers behind it, I'm confident that the adaptive on the Maverick will be just as good.

It's immensely helpful on 600+ mile trips where you always have those people who don't use cruise control. It's easy to miss if you suddenly are going 20 under, but not having to do micro adjustments for those around you is a godsend. I even use it in towns and cities if it has a low enough speed threshold.

I use cruise to maintain my speed, not to maintain the speed of whomever pulls in front of me.
I like to imagine that you're just phasing through them, since it's not physically possible to maintain speed in the same lane if they pull in front of you xD

aamyotte

First Name
Alain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX
After enjoying it for years on my Crosstrek I simply will never own another vehicle without it. But as you say, everyone does not have that same feeling about it, which is why it is still an optional feature I guess...

ML
My wife's Escape has it and its great. The majority of the highways in my area are 2 lane, so without adaptive cruise (my car for now) I'm always on and off the cruise every time I come up on someone.

Maybe It's Maverick

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Another adaptive cruise control fan here. Subaru's Eyesight version is the best I have used so far. It brakes smoother and accelerates smoother than Nissan's version.
Sponsored