First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Triumph TR-6, 2009 Accord, 2017 Pacifica
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We took a trip from St Louis to Columbia Missouri on 10/02/22 for the Missouri Georgia football game. The trip is almost a straight shot on I-70. On game day the traffic is stupid with people trying to drive 80 MPH in the traffic with heavy 18 wheelers. We got on the road and being my first chance to try the adaptive cruise control. I-70 is two lanes from Wentsville, mo to Columbia, Mo. Up to this point I was on three lane highway and the cruise control changed speed as traffic demanded and kept me in the center of the lane without a problem. When we entered the Wentsville area I was In the right lane. At the Wentsville Parkway exit I noticed the car wanted to follow the exit ramp so I Had to put steering input to stay on the highway. I figured the adaptive steering ques on the right lane markers. This is a concern on one or two lane highways. The adaptive cruise made a trip on game dat to Mizzoo a easy drive. Normally the 130 mile trip is tiring because of the way people drive. I set the cruise at 70 and let the car do the driving for the most part. I will not call it full auto pilot but it is darn close. The way it slows down based on the traffic in front of you then speeds up is amazing. In a curve when a car comes along your side it appears to steer to the right or left depending on which side the car is on. Trip to the game was great next is driving at night. We had a hotel for the night so we spent the night and planned to leave at 4am in the morning. Again left the hotel set the adaptive cruise at 70 set the auto bright light setting and away we went. The night time drive was as good as the daytime experience. I must admit it took a little while to fully trust it in curves but it works great. I keep one hand on the wheel at all times and sat back and let the Mav have it’s head. I am looking forward to more road trips day or night with the Mav and adaptive cruise Control.
Sponsored

JeffMorasco

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius and Crosstrek
I tend to trust adaptive cruise in my wife’s car but i Find lane assist distracting.

OP
OP
Joe Kelly

Joe Kelly

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Triumph TR-6, 2009 Accord, 2017 Pacifica
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I tend to trust adaptive cruise in my wife’s car but i Find lane assist distracting.
As I said in the right lane it is a issue however my wife likes it because it keeps me off the rumble strips along the right lane. It keeps me out of trouble because I hug the the right side of the road
Sponsored