Sponsored

What happens when you ceramic coat your truck?

AnthonyMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Looks great. I wash my cars once a week, and after ceramic coating them and using a detailer spray with—probably minimal—Si02 in it, I noticed I only have to rinse the car off and dry now. The bugs, pollen, and road dirt just slip off.

wheels and wheel wells are a different story though. I sit criss cross apple sauce like a child and get them spotless.

Sponsored

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm curious what the benefits of a ceramic coating are compared to just using a good quality spray wax every other wash?

OP
OP
Nunyabiznus

Nunyabiznus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber Orange Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm curious what the benefits of a ceramic coating are compared to just using a good quality spray wax every other wash?
Read the post above yours

Platinum2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I use Turtle brand Ceramic. One of the better over the counter ceramic DIY products. Easy to use, inexpensive, works great, and bug guts have a hard time sticking to it. 😂

Sponsored

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I use Turtle brand Ceramic. One of the better over the counter ceramic DIY products. Easy to use, inexpensive, works great, and bug guts have a hard time sticking to it. 😂
Did you watch Project Farm's video about it on youtube? Lol

I immediately rushed to Walmart right after and bought it when I watched the video but when I tried to apply it, it was like rubbing grease onto the paint, I couldn't buff off the haze no matter what so I went back to Griot's garage Best of Show spray wax.

OP
OP
Nunyabiznus

Nunyabiznus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber Orange Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did you watch Project Farm's video about it on youtube? Lol

I immediately rushed to Walmart right after and bought it when I watched the video but when I tried to apply it, it was like rubbing grease onto the paint, I couldn't buff off the haze no matter what so I went back to Griot's garage Best of Show spray wax.
That's not ceramic coat I used exo that's the stuff you put on ceramic coating