sprubs

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nunya
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So I ended up ordering a back mx4 from realtruck ($100 off + free Lund bed extender).

I think I'll probably order the Ford cargo mat from Ford.

Does anyone know if there is a way to use my Ford points for general parts? I was thinking of buying a cubby or two but it seems like I can't use my points online. If I go directly through a dealer parts department can I use the points on a cubby? Otherwise I guess I could just order one from ebay or something.
Sponsored

B. Maverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Kia Niro; battered NIssan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am scheduled to have a tri-fold tonneau and a spray-in bedliner installed in early December. I'm doing it through a local company that is very well regarded. The truck is primarily for hauling me and guitars; it's not going to be doing any construction work. Someone on another thread pointed out the SIBL is abrasive and suggested a bed mat on top of the SIBL. Is that overkill? The SIBL is an expensive proposition as it is, so I'm wondering if I even need it. However, some threads have suggested the paint on the Mav is pretty thin, and the SIBL should provide protection.
Regarding the Ford website and dealers: I have a great dealer in Sonoma County, and there's another good dealership in my town. When I went online to squander my Ford Pass points on a dashcam, neither one was listed on the website, and I would have had to drive 100 miles to get the thing installed. Kind of a disincentive. I'm getting a Garmin off Amazon due to wise advice from another member, and at this point I'm figuring I'll use my points for maintenance.

KyleM

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can you use the bed mat with the drop in plastic bed liner? The one thing I hate about plastic bedliners is everything slides around. If the bed mat doesn't fit then I'm just going to pull out the liner and have a spray and bed liner installed.

Thanks!

AwHeck

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I also just ordered a BAKFlip MX4 from Realtruck. Got the free Lund bed extender and in the chat, I asked if there was an additional discount available for being a MTC member. I received another $80 off just for asking. Cris B. was very helpful and you can ask for him.

OP
OP
sprubs

sprubs

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nunya
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I also just ordered a BAKFlip MX4 from Realtruck. Got the free Lund bed extender and in the chat, I asked if there was an additional discount available for being a MTC member. I received another $80 off just for asking. Cris B. was very helpful and you can ask for him.
damnit! I should have asked. I figured they wouldn't offer any more discounts.

checking if I can do it now.....

oh yeah! discount incoming!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Fuzzy_EX-Ranza

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks a lot! Definitely need this thing

Vibes

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's not a bad idea. I haven't done a ton of research on these yet but I was thinking of getting some kind of trifold.

Not too mess up this thread too badly but how hard is it to take it on/off for those rare times where you just need it out of the way entirely?
I just got my truck 6 days ago and the first thing I did was put a hard top, Tri fold bed cover on it yesterday. It's really easy to put on and take off. 2 clamps. One on each side in the back, and 2 lever clamps, one on each side of the panel at the tailgate you can release and flip the two back panels on top of the panel at the back window and a clip strap holds them secure and it's easy access to the bed. Or you can completely remove it . I really like mine. Got it on eBay.

Ford Maverick What Ford accessories are worth it? IMG20231207143117

OP
OP
sprubs

sprubs

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nunya
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just got my truck 6 days ago and the first thing I did was put a hard top, Tri fold bed cover on it yesterday. It's really easy to put on and take off. 2 clamps. One on each side in the back, and 2 lever clamps, one on each side of the panel at the tailgate you can release and flip the two back panels on top of the panel at the back window and a clip strap holds them secure and it's easy access to the bed. Or you can completely remove it . I really like mine. Got it on eBay.

IMG20231207143117.jpg
I can't tell what model you have there but on the bak mx4 the only thing about taking it off are the 3 washers on each hand nut you unscrew up near the cab. if I don't end up losing some of those washers it will be a miracle.

Vibes

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I can't tell what model you have there but on the bak mx4 the only thing about taking it off are the 3 washers on each hand nut you unscrew up near the cab. if I don't end up losing some of those washers it will be a miracle.
Mine have nuts, and washers, but you don't have to remove them to completely remove or release to fold back the panels. Waiting for a hard rain to see how weatherproof it is. I only had to put the weather stripping on the back by the back window. The rest has rubber weather stripping on the panels.

Ford Maverick What Ford accessories are worth it? IMG20231208113514

Ford Maverick What Ford accessories are worth it? IMG20231208112315

OP
OP
sprubs

sprubs

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nunya
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
that looks fairly different compared to the mx4. probably easier to remove.

mine won't be awful but I'll def need to be careful not to lose those washers.

Sponsored

Vibes

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
that looks fairly different compared to the mx4. probably easier to remove.

mine won't be awful but I'll def need to be careful not to lose those washers.
Yes, I hate when I lose little parts. I installed another accessory I received today. Tailgate protector. I have the inside bed mat arriving Sunday hopefully. Was a simple install

Ford Maverick What Ford accessories are worth it? IMG_20231208_131118

Ford Maverick What Ford accessories are worth it? IMG20231208130441

dbp

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Transit Connect, 2024 Maverick XLT soon...
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So I ended up ordering a back mx4 from realtruck ($100 off + free Lund bed extender).

I think I'll probably order the Ford cargo mat from Ford.

Does anyone know if there is a way to use my Ford points for general parts? I was thinking of buying a cubby or two but it seems like I can't use my points online. If I go directly through a dealer parts department can I use the points on a cubby? Otherwise I guess I could just order one from ebay or something.
I am scheduled to have a tri-fold tonneau and a spray-in bedliner installed in early December. I'm doing it through a local company that is very well regarded. The truck is primarily for hauling me and guitars; it's not going to be doing any construction work. Someone on another thread pointed out the SIBL is abrasive and suggested a bed mat on top of the SIBL. Is that overkill? The SIBL is an expensive proposition as it is, so I'm wondering if I even need it. However, some threads have suggested the paint on the Mav is pretty thin, and the SIBL should provide protection.
Regarding the Ford website and dealers: I have a great dealer in Sonoma County, and there's another good dealership in my town. When I went online to squander my Ford Pass points on a dashcam, neither one was listed on the website, and I would have had to drive 100 miles to get the thing installed. Kind of a disincentive. I'm getting a Garmin off Amazon due to wise advice from another member, and at this point I'm figuring I'll use my points for maintenance.
I have had good luck carrying instruments in two Rangers and a Transit Connect using a BedRug. Cases don't slide around, and the whole bed is cushioned. I ordered one from RealTruck for my 24 Maverick (supposed to be built in mid Janurary 24)

OP
OP
sprubs

sprubs

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nunya
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes, I hate when I lose little parts. I installed another accessory I received today. Tailgate protector. I have the inside bed mat arriving Sunday hopefully. Was a simple install

IMG_20231208_131118.jpg

IMG20231208130441.jpg
looking good (y)

Exranger

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 EB FX4 4K Tow LAR LUX Area 51 RCVD 4/27/23
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Maybe a bit off topic but I live in the SF Bay Area but when I try to order through the website using points, there are no dealers in my area. Any recommendations on how to order Ford parts in my area?
Check capitol ford or Sunnyvale Ford, both not too far

SLJ

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Ford's stainless letters look good on the Alto Blue.
Ford Maverick What Ford accessories are worth it? letters
Sponsored