Dadmezz

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don't really care what ford will offer in 10 years.
The Maverick meets my needs now in an affordable pickup , passenger hauler with tow option.
Ford had to import this one to get the price down so if they raise the price other imports will compete with them because other manufactures have been making UTEs for decades....got to love competition, Ford is just the one to beat.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The next step will be all electric maverick i think that's kinda obvious by 2027 a lot vehicles will be all electric at decent price range which is really isn't right now. for next 2-3 models small improvements , maybe awd hybrid would really push the sales. i can see Roush, shelly etc. version of this vehicle because of the demand of it. I don't think the maverick is going anywhere given how fast they have sold out. People are wanting trucks but not huge hemi anymore at a affordable price. Dodge, chevy will answer the call so depending how they do and how the maverick s does in 2024 , 2025 will determine how long with maverick will be in production in the 10-15 years. There will be small truck market for a long time . Simple economics and the current state of the world has made sure of that.

i liked to see bigger bed verison of the truck for my preference , yes theres ranger etc but yea it could be neat.

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Don't really care what ford will offer in 10 years.
The Maverick meets my needs now in an affordable pickup , passenger hauler with tow option.
Ford had to import this one to get the price down so if they raise the price other imports will compete with them because other manufactures have been making UTEs for decades....got to love competition, Ford is just the one to beat.
im in the same boat to but its fun think about , im curious what others come up with.

Leuf

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The reason why many people buy the Maverick is because it's smaller than other trucks and works well for what they need it for.

Make it bigger and that advantage disappears. If I wanted a mid size or full size truck, I'd have bought one
Well sure, but once the full size trucks are the size of super duty, and the mid-size are the size of full size, they'll need a larger Maverick to sell to the mid-size buyers. 100 years from now the F-150 will be an 18 wheeler that half the country drives around to get groceries and the Maverick will be the cute little truck that you don't need a CDL to drive and only needs 4 parking spaces.

I might be a little cynical about trucks constantly getting bigger for no reason.

Sponsored

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well sure, but once the full size trucks are the size of super duty, and the mid-size are the size of full size, they'll need a larger Maverick to sell to the mid-size buyers. 100 years from now the F-150 will be an 18 wheeler that half the country drives around to get groceries and the Maverick will be the cute little truck that you don't need a CDL to drive and only needs 4 parking spaces.

I might be a little cynical about trucks constantly getting bigger for no reason.
if they made bigger bed verison i could see alot people trading in their ranger,tacoma etc.

Bushpilot

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had read on FordAuthority.com they are making a Top Gun Maverick model in the 4th quarter of this year. It has the Top Gun logo on the back tail gate and is 295 horsepower. It starts at $50,000 and goes up to $70,000.
You realize that was published on April 1st, right?

SofieOffRoad

First Name
Sofie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
I'd love to see an EV Maverick. I would pay 40k for a fully electric maverick (with 300 mile range). But there's no space in the current design for a 40-60kwh battery. And it's going to take Ford a decade to catch up to demand for their other EV models.

TMAC

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick & 94 Silverado
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I learned to drive in a Datsun pick up Truck. It was FUN to drive a small pick up. I have been cussing for years, "Where did all the DARN small Pick Ups GO " ? The DEMAND for a small pick up has never diminished. KEEP ON TRUKIN in a light weight pick up. Kick the egotistical idiot in the shins, who suggests they make the Maverick bigger.

Sponsored

Delzona

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Breakout, 21 Road King Special, 22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It will get bigger. Look at the new Ranger it's as big as the F-150 from the early 2000
I don't know, but if gas prices continue creeping up, I would imagine that F150 and Ranger along with other brands with similar trucks would find their market share take a down turn. I would also imagine that a lot of fleet trucks will be replaced with Maverick or other brands when they come out. I really hope that Ford doesn't start stuffing steroids into the Maverick and grow it out of shape. Then again I'll have my first MY Maverick so I'll won't care much if they start inflating Maverick, but I would imagine that won't happen for at least 5 years. I wouldn't be surprised to even see a two door Maverick with a longer bed! Either way I think Maverick has a bright future!

A Dodge that drives Fords

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Taurus Ford Ranger
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't know, but if gas prices continue creeping up, I would imagine that F150 and Ranger along with other brands with similar trucks would find their market share take a down turn. I would also imagine that a lot of fleet trucks will be replaced with Maverick or other brands when they come out. I really hope that Ford doesn't start stuffing steroids into the Maverick and grow it out of shape. Then again I'll have my first MY Maverick so I'll won't care much if they start inflating Maverick, but I would imagine that won't happen for at least 5 years. I wouldn't be surprised to even see a two door Maverick with a longer bed! Either way I think Maverick has a bright future!
I agree!

Dude84

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’d venture an improved hybrid power plant would happen about the time there would be a refresh. A PHEV would be a valid option and there’s likely room for a full electric version for at least a temporary run.
They really can’t leave the ICE format, not for a long while. The Maverick needs to remain compact and affordable to remain relevant.
I would be excited to see a PHEV, as long as it wasn't like double the cost.

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'd love to see an EV Maverick. I would pay 40k for a fully electric maverick (with 300 mile range). But there's no space in the current design for a 40-60kwh battery. And it's going to take Ford a decade to catch up to demand for their other EV models.
I'd love to see one too. That being said, not sure I'd be willing to pay a $16k+ premium over my hybrid XLT; there's zero chance that cost delta ever gets eaten up(even if gas remains at $5-$6/gallon).

sthomp

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I personally wouldn't mind buying a full-electric AWD Maverick as long as the standard range was in the 300s
Sponsored