Sponsored

What aftermarket spray in bed liner are you using?

JibbersCrabst

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Focus ST, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Looking into it now. It looks great! But will the pricing be similar to Line-X? Those prices the lineX guy gave me seem crazy for a Maverick compact bed. But then again, I've got no experience in this....so maybe they aren't far off?
According to the Line-X website prices start between $500-$700. I would guess if you got a quote substantially over that for such a small bed they are probably trying to up-sell you on their highest liner package or something.

Update: just got an email quote from the local Line-X dealer and it will be $499 for the base bed liner and $125 more for the premium level bed liner.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
BDennis

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
According to the Line-X website prices start between $500-$700. I would guess if you got a quote substantially over that for such a small bed they are probably trying to up-sell you on their highest liner package or something.

Update: just got an email quote from the local Line-X dealer and it will be $499 for the base bed liner and $125 more for the premium level bed liner.
This is why I like Bullet, no upselling to better UV protection. My local Bullet shop was $525 for the spray

vezpa

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
EMG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too many to list.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Color matched liners look good for a week then show dirt.

OldSoulNewMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Either my local guy isn't aware of the correct bed size, or he's inflating the price. His quote to me was $639-regular/$799-premium/$914-ultimate

JibbersCrabst

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
This is why I like Bullet, no upselling to better UV protection. My local Bullet shop was $525 for the spray
I've checked them out but there's only one place that does bullet liners anywhere near where I live and it's a small local body shop with an iffy reputation which is mostly why I'm taking it to a bigger Line-X dealer in the city instead. And like most products of this sort, I think the buying experience including things like upselling or price inflation are going to be up to the private business itself not the company that makes the product.

Sponsored

JibbersCrabst

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Either my local guy isn't aware of the correct bed size, or he's inflating the price. His quote to me was $639-regular/$799-premium/$914-ultimate
I would definitely shop around then you might be able to find another Line-X dealer with better pricing than that.

Cubican

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, viper, c8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i found the line x for 550 and the bullet for 425

grumpyunk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mariner 85 Ranger 97 T-bird 87 Sable
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The bed liner franchises all are subject to a limited supply of a major chemical used in their process. Right now, they seem to be pricing their product to maximize their short term profit margin. From another post, one of the major sources of xylene(?) was damaged in the hard freeze that Texas endured, putting them essentially out of production. The squeeze should lessen with time, and the prices likely will be more 'flexible' when that occurs. Those that happen to have the materials were either lucky or had stocked up, or priced them self out of competition when others had material. My opinion is that they are just taking advantage of the situation, and should end up dropping their price in the future.
Were I going to get a liner done, I would counter their estimate with a more reasonable figure. Can't hurt.
tom

OP
OP
BDennis

BDennis

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, E450 Leprechaun
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The bed liner franchises all are subject to a limited supply of a major chemical used in their process. Right now, they seem to be pricing their product to maximize their short term profit margin. From another post, one of the major sources of xylene(?) was damaged in the hard freeze that Texas endured, putting them essentially out of production. The squeeze should lessen with time, and the prices likely will be more 'flexible' when that occurs. Those that happen to have the materials were either lucky or had stocked up, or priced them self out of competition when others had material. My opinion is that they are just taking advantage of the situation, and should end up dropping their price in the future.
Were I going to get a liner done, I would counter their estimate with a more reasonable figure. Can't hurt.
tom
My local shops have not changed their costs…
Sponsored