First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL EB AWD 4k Tow CP360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Comparing a Kia Sorrento with the Maverick seems like apples and oranges - you obviously don't need a truck. It's understandable if you got a great deal on the trade in. Enjoy your new vehicle!
Sponsored

Luthinator

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24' Mav. Lariat Hybrid & 23' Ford Explorer XLT+
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Yep. Wife drives a MY22 Limited. Already has twice the mileage of the Maverick despite not taking delivery four months later. Click here for that goofy story.

Maverick Lariat has a nicer interior. If you don't like the leather look on the Maverick, get the BAP. But the leather is softer than the Explorer. I also find the Maverick more comfortable to drive for me despite the Explorer having memory seats. I just can't seem to find a good spot.

The Explorer is more comfortable for the kids. Middle row bucket seats with their own seat warmers trumps the backseat on the Maverick. The Limited also offers a few extra technology features that I think are coming to the MY25 Maverick Lariat.

The Maverick wins on total cargo capacity. But a family of four can easily fit their luggage in the Explorer. In fact, we will be taking the Explorer on our trip to Tennessee next week and we are using trunks as a summer camp dry-run.

I bought my Maverick to be a truck while my wife wanted the Explorer for suburban mom reasons. If the Explorer was for me, I would have gotten the Timberline.
We have the same thing, just about. I have a 24my Mav. Lariat. My wife ahs a 23MY explorer XLT+. I have driven the explorer and it has a lot more power for sure. I am not a fan of how it drives though. I cant pinpoint it but I guess because its closer to a full size truck than what the Mav. is. I find the Maverick to be one of the best vehicles I have had, to drive. I love it and it feels relaxing to me.

Old_Norm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach E 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I feel the pain on the seat position. I'm 6'6" 230lbs enjoy a reckline positin and my wife is 5'7" and enjoys to sit more upright. I always curse myself when I step into a vehicle that she just drove, "why do I not recognize the seat position prior to getting in 🤦‍♂️".
It's even worse in our Mustang Mach E. She puts the seat at its highest position and invariably I hit my head getting in. You'd think I'd learn.

commadorebob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer Limited; 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We have the same thing, just about. I have a 24my Mav. Lariat. My wife ahs a 23MY explorer XLT+. I have driven the explorer and it has a lot more power for sure. I am not a fan of how it drives though. I cant pinpoint it but I guess because its closer to a full size truck than what the Mav. is. I find the Maverick to be one of the best vehicles I have had, to drive. I love it and it feels relaxing to me.
I agree. The Maverick is more comfortable and I can't quite put my finger on why the Explorer feels... off. Despite it having a slightly larger engine.

es7129

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I want a Maverick and I know it's not a luxury car but the interior looks far cheaper in quality than my 2016 VW Golf. . I can live with the more budget materials but I am a bit concerned about Ford quality
I came from a JSW TDI, the fit n finish is much better on the VW.
As long as you go in knowing it’s an entry level NA vehicle then I think you’ll be ecstatic.

Sponsored

son of a ..sven

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Whelping is the name that's given to the process of a dog giving birth. Most dogs can whelp on their own, but sometimes, like humans, some dogs may have complications that can be dangerous to the mother or her puppies.

jerrick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I always find the conversation on a topic like this a bit crazy.

For all those who tell OP the choice is wrong or feel the need to correct aspects of the choice, you realize that's stems from weird primal instinct to make the tribe conform right? Some stranger saying they don't like they same thing you do and all of a sudden you need to assert it's wrong. We don't all have to like the same thing or even make decisions based on the same values. It doesn't invalidate your/my choice to keep the vehicle 🤷‍♂️. The share was to inform us all about our vehicles retaining value.

Second part is going to make me seem like a hypocrite to what I just said. It's not a criticism but rather wondering if those in this camp can help me understand a different point of view. OPs sentiment seemed to revolve a lot around the interior. To me interiors all suck the option combos, info systems, trim, materials, all suck, across all brands. I always based my decisions as much as possible on the functionality / reliability / value of the vehicles use. If I'm paying $1 or $3000 for anything internal, I want exactly what I choose aftermarket, not the manufactures consolation choice.

Interior is probably 10% of my ownership choice. What would the rest of you say is the percentage interior weighs into your choice?
Once you go Lariat Lux, you never go back. freakin love this interior
Ford Maverick Welp, I traded in my Maverick 1711336589383-mj

Montana

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Comparing a Kia Sorrento with the Maverick seems like apples and oranges - you obviously don't need a truck. It's understandable if you got a great deal on the trade in. Enjoy your new vehicle!
This.

Enjoy your new ride OP, but I can't say I'd ever consider a KIA or a HYUNDAI even if I lived in South Korea. And I am not loyal to any "US" big three either. Parts come from everywhere now days.

imboden013

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I absolutely love my Maverick but I was shocked to see it has a value of $34,500 currently (I paid 31,300) and have owned it for 8 months and 8,500 miles.

Seriously debating dumping it for a cheap Civic (will be daughter's first car before I know it) and getting $10k closer to my cabin on our mountain property - as well as saving about $80-90/mo on gas.

We'll see though. Not sure I want to die slowly by being forced to drive a Civic daily but i am sitting at the dealership as I type this - for the second check engine light in 8,500 miles.

Everyone has to do what is best for them. You've been a solid member @Pickles
If it’s an AWD the check engine light may be due to some kind of traction control weirdness. I say weirdness as that’s all I can think of to call it. Mine has done it twice, last time I was close to a dealer so I pulled in and just happened to catch the service manager. I’d left it running when stopped in the service lane, so he told me to shut it off. I did then restarted it and no check engine light. He asked if I’d spun the tires and I had when pulling across a drive entrance at an angle. He told me that sometimes under just the right (or wrong) circumstances the wheels spin and cause the check engine light.

imboden013

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Once you go Lariat Lux, you never go back. freakin love this interior
1711336589383-mj.png
I love my lariat lux. Two things I’d add to the package power passenger seat(wife loves to recline back and nap on long trips) and auto rear view mirror for night driving. Almost forgot 3rd item this is a design flaw so I’d say needs fixed on all trims, interior door cards(panels). That special place to hold drink cup or bottle I’ve not found a single drink that fits bottled water, soft drink, even the yeti drink bottle that Ford sent me for doing airbag recall. The little side pocket next to that to shallow won’t hold gloves, ice scraper, maps nada. Close the door or open the door and stuff falls out.

Last edited:
Sponsored

Goose20

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I absolutely love my Maverick but I was shocked to see it has a value of $34,500 currently (I paid 31,300) and have owned it for 8 months and 8,500 miles.

Seriously debating dumping it for a cheap Civic (will be daughter's first car before I know it) and getting $10k closer to my cabin on our mountain property - as well as saving about $80-90/mo on gas.

We'll see though. Not sure I want to die slowly by being forced to drive a Civic daily but i am sitting at the dealership as I type this - for the second check engine light in 8,500 miles.

Wife is retiring no longer need 3 cars....Keeping the Escape hybrid and the Mustang eco boom premium convertible which now lists for over 50 k.....

Goose20

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wife is retiring no longer need 3 cars....Keeping the Escape hybrid and the Mustang eco boom premium convertible which now lists for over 50 k.....
Got Carvana offer 4k more than I paid ..Better than the S& P,,,,lol

XHusker

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 XLT AWD Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I agree on material choices. Considering another Ford in my future, and have started looking at Explorers for shits and giggles. What's with the beige/tan/light interiors? That would stay clean for 30 seconds in real life usage. Give me a dark(er) interior ANY DAY, or I'm going to have to spend a small fortune in seat covers.

Anyone on this forum own an Explorer? What did you think of it?
I sold my 2006 Explorer and got my Maverick. The 2006 had 267,224 miles on it and sold for $1300. Yea I di maintain my cars religiously.

Billy2mav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Good luck driving your civic off road

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost