First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Grand Cherokee
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Other driver was the only occupant of that vehicle, but that front-passenger door took most of the impact. The entire window shattered, they had glass all over the interior, including their lap.

Fortunately, it was safety glass, other driver had never been in a collision before. They were anxious to move, but I had taken a piece that had fallen and crumbled it in my hand to show them that it wasn't as sharp as they thought it was.
Ok, gotta ask: You say "other driver was the only occupant" but then refer to that "only occupant" as "they", "their"? Did "only occupant" request to be considered plural?
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

Elthus

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ok, gotta ask: You say "other driver was the only occupant" but then refer to that "only occupant" as "they", "their"? Did "only occupant" request to be called those pronouns?
Haha no, I'm doing this intentionally while the insurance claim is being processed.

Larrythelunatic

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Toyota Pickup. 22 IS hybrid Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Very happy it is fixable and you are ok - except for shoulder!
Question: Did they look REAL CLOSE at the left front suspension?
Suggestion: make them put on all new factory parts ... no bondo!

And, the distracted driver thingie?
About 2010 I was on I-70 and was passing a vehicle with a bumper sticker that said "put down the phone and drive!"
Guess what the driver was doing?
No, not using his phone.
He had some papers on his steering wheel looking at them!
Damn, Man……..
You had to go back a full thirteen years to find an example of that kind of idiocy?!?
Pay attention……..
Its all around us!

Sponsored

OP
OP

Elthus

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you need a new passenger front quarter panel or repair too or is that just hood and cowl panel that crunched?
Estimate currently states replace Hood & both hinges, and Cowl outer molding.

I don't see anything on here for those quarter panels, I'll take a look tonight - but for sure that hood is on there crooked from the impact.

Fmp0926

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
McLeod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah, I was surprised that it added up to $9,500. That's about a third of the cost of a new Mav.
My other car was caught in a hail storm last summer. Hail stones about the size of quarters. Hundreds of little dents in the hood, roof and one side (direction the wind was blowing). Had to replace the hood due to the number of dents but PDR was able to fix everything else. Insurance still ended up paying $8,700. No wonder rates are going up.

SLJ

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My other car was caught in a hail storm last summer. Hail stones about the size of quarters. Hundreds of little dents in the hood, roof and one side (direction the wind was blowing). Had to replace the hood due to the number of dents but PDR was able to fix everything else. Insurance still ended up paying $8,700. No wonder rates are going up.
Same here. My Bronco Sport and my camper were both damaged by hail last summer. Seven grand for the camper and $6,500 for the Sport (roof, hood, rear hatch, and side panels). I had the Sport fixed. They got every one of the 38+ golf ball sized dents out with no paint needed. You could not tell where any of them were. Not even up close.

Matso

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT Premium
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks to JohnKn for mentioning the significant issue of diminished value following any vehicle damage, collision or otherwise. The repair estimate, and the eventual final tally only addresses the major portion of the cost. The remainder is real but very subjective. Insurance corporations do not concern themselves with such intangibles. To my knowledge there is no "formula" to determine lost value. It's up to you to fight for that. There's a reason why the major online automotive marketplaces ask the question: "has your vehicle ever been in an accident?".

Sponsored

Johnkn

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, Viper, 66 Shelby, 68.5 CJ Mustang, Pantera
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks to JohnKn for mentioning the significant issue of diminished value following any vehicle damage, collision or otherwise. The repair estimate, and the eventual final tally only addresses the major portion of the cost. The remainder is real but very subjective. Insurance corporations do not concern themselves with such intangibles. To my knowledge there is no "formula" to determine lost value. It's up to you to fight for that. There's a reason why the major online automotive marketplaces ask the question: "has your vehicle ever been in an accident?".
Exactly, and the Carfax major accident will follow the VIN forever. I wouldn’t be surprised if the diminished value on a Maverick otherwise valued at $30k is ~$6-7k. Many people and buying services simply won’t touch it...

Good luck

gwrace14651

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm happy no one was hurt. Accidents are painful at anytime but emotionally tough when the car is so new. We had just picked up my wifes new Accord Hybrid back in 2014. She was parked and waiting for our kids coming out of school. When a large SUV failed to look before changing lanes and did major damage to the car. It only had 50 miles on the odometer. We got it repaired and ended up keeping it almost 10 years. The only downside is it showed up on carfax as an accident that later impacted the resale of the car. That said we still got 17,500 for a car we paid 26K for and drove it almost 10 years.

Connect

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
wow $9500 damage

lajlmt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Maverick XLT LUX
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

They did admit to being distracted, probably a real safe bet that they were 4 knuckles deep into their phone.
I lost my first truck (Mazda B2200) to a red light runner, pre phone…the total was $9500

fltwd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Some insurance companies will not report accidents. This happened on a 2021 Ram 1500 that I had owned for 2 days and had less than 300 miles on it. Guy with a gooseneck turned short and tore the fender off and shifted the radiator support, etc. Farm Bureau repaired the truck and paid me $4000. Roughly $11,000 total claim. They never reported it to anyone. I kept it for 2 years and 15k miles and that’s what I traded on my Maverick. Being honest, I miss that Ram a lot.

Ford Maverick Well, it was a fun 700 miles IMG_1946
Sponsored