Sponsored

Well, I didn't plan to order a truck yesterday...

OP
OP
Dechion

Dechion

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Forte
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If they confirmed your order you should have already gotten an email. Did they take a copy of of drivers license and sign an order sheet? They need your order approved in the ROVP system.

I also highly recommend getting a buyers order. That way you have a signed document by the dealer detailing the out the door cost.

If you haveny already, ask if they accept X plan pricing and make sure that is on the buyers order. Small discount plus doc fee is capped at $100.

You can get x plan pricing if you own 100 shares of Ford stock for 6 months. If you don’t you can get X price by joining Mustang Club of America for $35 and need to be a member for 3 months. Don’t select the $25 membership as it doesn’t include x price. https://mustang.org/membership-account/levels/
I called this morning about a buyers order. Apparently I should be getting an email with that as well as other info in the next week or so. Their processing for several dealerships is centralized.

They did take a copy of my license and such, and its a dealership I've dealt with before and they have always been above board with me.

MSRP with no market adjustment is the plan.
Sponsored

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I think it matters a lot when you order, and what you order. A hybrid FE is most likely not going to be a quick turnaround.

Of course there are outliers & special cases, but it's not the norm. Orders are put into queue as received, based on planned production matches & dealer allocations.

Expect the worst, hope for the best, is a good mindset here.
If order mattered, then all of the June's and July's would be scheduled already.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If order mattered, then all of the June's and July's would be scheduled already.
If only it were so simple. As I previously pointed out, you also have to factor in scheduled production (model mix), and dealer allocation.

Order timing is significant, along with many other factors, whether you choose to believe it or not.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You should be fine with ordering, and receiving , a 2022 First Edition Maverick. Ford has stated publicly on multiple forums that the 2022 First Edition HYBRID reservations are ALMOST filled for MY22, and will close sometime in November. At that time, if you try to order a First Edition Hybrid, your dealer should inform you that your order could move to MY23.

Personally, I ordered a FE Hybrid June 14. Patience is key to getting what you want with the Maverick, as orders have far exceeded Ford's expectations for a new model vehicle. But, then again, the Maverick fits a market for a small truck (like me 1992 S-10 from my younger days) that currently does not exist. That, and the gas mileage for a Hybrid (this vehicle will be our third Ford hybrid) is light on the wallet. MY 2014 Fusion hybrid gets fed once a month at the pump.
I like the part about getting fed once a month.

vlognosis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan 300zx
After reading this discussion with all of the mentions of signing paperwork... Now I'm worried that my order has never been placed. The dealership called me and I got an email confirming my reservation, but nothing beyond that 😮

Sponsored

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did any of you catch the Long McArthur live stream the other night? I can't remember 100%, but I want to say Tim said that a Maverick Hybrid ordered this week would be delivered by May. That all MY22 Hybrids will be delivered by May.

OP
OP
Dechion

Dechion

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Forte
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Did any of you catch the Long McArthur live stream the other night? I can't remember 100%, but I want to say Tim said that a Maverick Hybrid ordered this week would be delivered by May. That all MY22 Hybrids will be delivered by May.
I haven't watched his for this week yet, but I'm totally cool with may.

OP
OP
Dechion

Dechion

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Forte
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After reading this discussion with all of the mentions of signing paperwork... Now I'm worried that my order has never been placed. The dealership called me and I got an email confirming my reservation, but nothing beyond that 😮
I'm guessing you are fine. I'll rest a bit easier once I get the confirmation email. So far all I have is a receipt for my deposit.

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

If only it were so simple. As I previously pointed out, you also have to factor in scheduled production (model mix), and dealer allocation.

Order timing is significant, along with many other factors, whether you choose to believe it or not.
Do you know something we don't know? All of the vehicles scheduled so far have nothing to do with order date. They have to do with allocations and constraints.

Jah.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jah.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick xlt fx4 , Honda 700 ctx mc
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I order a maverick 2 .0 xlt awd fe4 from a local dealer in Orlando, fl in june and the dealer was awful so cancelled . in late September started contacting deals in small towns about an hour away . on 10\18 found a 2.0 area 51 xlt awd fx4 and put deposit on it. It was dealer order and in transit. Took delivery today . msrp plus tax , etc . Now the same dealer is charging $1500 above msrp plus . I got lucky . drove truck home and enjoying it so far. If I had to order again it would be with mullinax . msrp and no dealer fees.

Sponsored

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
At this point in time if Ford is accepting Hybrid orders for 2022, unless there is a major hiccup why would these be built as 2023? I can see this if it's June 1st maybe.

Springboks

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Deon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I order a maverick 2 .0 xlt awd fe4 from a local dealer in Orlando, fl in june and the dealer was awful so cancelled . in late September started contacting deals in small towns about an hour away . on 10\18 found a 2.0 area 51 xlt awd fx4 and put deposit on it. It was dealer order and in transit. Took delivery today . msrp plus tax , etc . Now the same dealer is charging $1500 above msrp plus . I got lucky . drove truck home and enjoying it so far. If I had to order again it would be with mullinax . msrp and no dealer fees.
In the future check out Mullinax Ford. They have zero dealer fees. I placed an order with them and there was no extra charges or anything funny added to the invoice.

Rodeoman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0l Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

If they confirmed your order you should have already gotten an email. Did they take a copy of of drivers license and sign an order sheet? They need your order approved in the ROVP system.

I also highly recommend getting a buyers order. That way you have a signed document by the dealer detailing the out the door cost.

If you haveny already, ask if they accept X plan pricing and make sure that is on the buyers order. Small discount plus doc fee is capped at $100.

You can get x plan pricing if you own 100 shares of Ford stock for 6 months. If you don’t you can get X price by joining Mustang Club of America for $35 and need to be a member for 3 months. Don’t select the $25 membership as it doesn’t include x price. https://mustang.org/membership-account/levels/
Hi Rob, can you explain what the X plan is? I have already purchased, but didn’t know about this plan. I own about 1k shares of Ford stock. It sounds like I could have saved some cash in my order.

Thank you

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have been doing a good amount of research, and a lot of YouTube watching, in preparation for replacing my little Kia with a pickup next year. We went to the local Ford dealer yesterday to drop off my daughters Explorer for scheduled maint and decided to take a look at the area 51 color in person.

I talked to my wife about the limited availability on hybrids, and we decided to go ahead and pull the trigger. We won't see the truck till next spring anyhow, so we are good.

Ordered in a hybrid first edition in area 51.

now I suppose I just wait for emails, lol.
LOL that is optimistic. You'll be lucky to see that before next fall.
Sponsored