Sponsored

Well, I didn't plan to order a truck yesterday...

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My first post. I finally pulled the trigger yesterday. I ordered a base hybrid with a drop in bedliner. Velocity Blue from Larson Ford in Lakewood, New Jersey. They have a specific salesman for Mavericks and the guy was great. He didn’t try to steer me to a Ranger or add on things I don’t need. No dealer surcharge and if parts shortages continue well into 2022, they will honor the price on the vehicle for 2023, but the bedliner price could go up. This will be my first Ford. I am probably in a rare situation. I want to build up as much of a down payment as I can so I hope it doesn’t arrive until at least March. First time I haven’t purchased a vehicle off the lot. Not sure of the whole process people on this site talk about, but I did already receive a confirmation from Ford so I guess that’s a good thing.
Sponsored

EMD_Driver

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-350 DRW 6.7 / 2022 Maverick XLT 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I ordered my XLT 2.0 on 8/9 and got the confirmation email within minutes.
Ford Maverick Well, I didn't plan to order a truck yesterday... Maverick Order Conf 080921

On 8/12, I got the email that production was scheduled for week of 10/11.
Ford Maverick Well, I didn't plan to order a truck yesterday... Maverick Scheduled For Prod081221

On 10/18, I got the built email.
Ford Maverick Well, I didn't plan to order a truck yesterday... Maverick Built 101821

I waited two weeks and asked my dealer for the railcar number. My Maverick is currently in the US and headed for a rail yard in Nashville, TN.

Kentucky

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If they confirmed your order you should have already gotten an email. Did they take a copy of of drivers license and sign an order sheet? They need your order approved in the ROVP system.

I also highly recommend getting a buyers order. That way you have a signed document by the dealer detailing the out the door cost.

If you haveny already, ask if they accept X plan pricing and make sure that is on the buyers order. Small discount plus doc fee is capped at $100.

You can get x plan pricing if you own 100 shares of Ford stock for 6 months. If you don’t you can get X price by joining Mustang Club of America for $35 and need to be a member for 3 months. Don’t select the $25 membership as it doesn’t include x price. https://mustang.org/membership-account/levels/
that’s great to know! I do own some stock, so I would qualify for this! How much of a discount? Do all dealers honor x plan pricing?

OP
OP
Dechion

Dechion

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Forte
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, this time it went better. Changed my order to the Lariat with lux and sunroof and got my confirmation email about 2 hours later.

Bburg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I never did get a confirmation email from Ford until they sent out that mass email. I did call Ford”s 800 # and they did receive my order in August.. I ordered a First Edition Lariat Hybrid in Rapid Red. I am hoping for delivery by Spring or sooner, but who knows.

Sponsored

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
that’s great to know! I do own some stock, so I would qualify for this! How much of a discount? Do all dealers honor x plan pricing?
not a big discount but it is money off in addition to any other discounts. Not all dealers honor it, make sure they put the discount on your documentation.

see picture for pricing. You get more off add ons. Like my spare tire was $30 cheaper.

Ford Maverick Well, I didn't plan to order a truck yesterday... BF5CF271-0472-4305-A578-A2247A0A8F96

EMD_Driver

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-350 DRW 6.7 / 2022 Maverick XLT 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I ordered my XLT 2.0 on 8/9 and got the confirmation email within minutes.
Maverick Order Conf 080921.png

On 8/12, I got the email that production was scheduled for week of 10/11.
Maverick Scheduled For Prod081221.png

On 10/18, I got the built email.
Maverick Built 101821.png

I waited two weeks and asked my dealer for the railcar number. My Maverick is currently in the US and headed for a rail yard in Nashville, TN.

I also asked my dealer what my priority code was.. His response was "01"

WhoDatFanMan

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caddy and 2021 Ford Expedition
I have been doing a good amount of research, and a lot of YouTube watching, in preparation for replacing my little Kia with a pickup next year. We went to the local Ford dealer yesterday to drop off my daughters Explorer for scheduled maint and decided to take a look at the area 51 color in person.

I talked to my wife about the limited availability on hybrids, and we decided to go ahead and pull the trigger. We won't see the truck till next spring anyhow, so we are good.

Ordered in a hybrid first edition in area 51.

now I suppose I just wait for emails, lol.
You got me beat by 2 days!! Oh woe is me!! I'm doomed!!!! :eek:

OP
OP
Dechion

Dechion

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Forte
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You got me beat by 2 days!! Oh woe is me!! I'm doomed!!!! :eek:
Nope, we are tied 😁

When the first edition didn't go thru I had to change up and reorder on monday. (Lariat Lux with sunroof, area 51)

Sponsored

Rodeoman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0l Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

no problem 😉. Hopefully it works out for you but I wouldn’t hold my breath. I’ve told numerous people here who shrug it off like saving money is to hard. I don’t get it 🤣.

another thing I’ve done is sign up for the Ford Credit card. It is actually a fantastic card that nets 3.3% cash back for the first $6,000 yearly and a minimum of $60 in free maintenance from Ford. After spending $6k a year it isn’t as valuable. I have a dozen credit cards and average a little over 4% cash back on all purchases. The only monthly cost I don’t get money back on is my mortgage, but I have enough to pay it off invested so I kind of do make money on the debt.
update, today I had decided to visit into the Ford dealer in Loveland, CO where I purchased my 2022 Maverick on 10/10 this nearly a month ago. I was able to speak directly with the General Manager about my purchase that was at MSRP plus 900 of added crap I Didn’t need For a price at 37k ish.

I mentioned that I qualified for the X Plan for owning stock. I’m very excited to say I was awarded an additional 200k Ford points (basically 1k in value). I would have like to get the 1K back, but the the financial details submitted a month ago the points was a nice way to meet halfway.

I hope others will be able to learn from the details you shared to save some money. Interesting fact 100 shares of Ford Stock is about $1,700 and the savings of the E plan is 1K thus heavily discounted stock if you have 6 months to qualify

Thank you again

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
update, today I had decided to visit into the Ford dealer in Loveland, CO where I purchased my 2022 Maverick on 10/10 this nearly a month ago. I was able to speak directly with the General Manager about my purchase that was at MSRP plus 900 of added crap I Didn’t need For a price at 37k ish.

I mentioned that I qualified for the X Plan for owning stock. I’m very excited to say I was awarded an additional 200k Ford points (basically 1k in value). I would have like to get the 1K back, but the the financial details submitted a month ago the points was a nice way to meet halfway.

I hope others will be able to learn from the details you shared to save some money. Interesting fact 100 shares of Ford Stock is about $1,700 and the savings of the E plan is 1K thus heavily discounted stock if you have 6 months to qualify

Thank you again
That is still fantastic! You can use the points to buy more accessories or service.

Rodeoman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

That is still fantastic! You can use the points to buy more accessories or service.
i was just looking at the hard roll tonneu cover for the $1,150 (15% writhing Ford 15 code). as a second option Toyo ATIII tires for 1K. decisions decisions….. I believe the cover is the better option. Tires are pretty easy to negotiate at local tire shops

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
i was just looking at the hard roll tonneu cover for the $1,150 (15% writhing Ford 15 code). as a second option Toyo ATIII tires for 1K. decisions decisions….. I believe the cover is the better option. Tires are pretty easy to negotiate at local tire shops
you can negotiate both. Do a parts number search on google to see if you can find a better price form a dealer. I would go with the cover as well, IMO. Really glad you were able to get $1k in points

Rodeoman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

you can negotiate both. Do a parts number search on google to see if you can find a better price form a dealer. I would go with the cover as well, IMO. Really glad you were able to get $1k in points
me too, what was interesting there was no paper work and he didn’t make me prove ownership of stock. This does make me feel better about my purchase.
maybe new cool photos once I send some points👍
Sponsored