Sponsored

Well, I didn't plan to order a truck yesterday...

Dechion

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Forte
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have been doing a good amount of research, and a lot of YouTube watching, in preparation for replacing my little Kia with a pickup next year. We went to the local Ford dealer yesterday to drop off my daughters Explorer for scheduled maint and decided to take a look at the area 51 color in person.

I talked to my wife about the limited availability on hybrids, and we decided to go ahead and pull the trigger. We won't see the truck till next spring anyhow, so we are good.

Ordered in a hybrid first edition in area 51.

now I suppose I just wait for emails, lol.
Sponsored

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordering now, next spring would be best-case. Very good chance it could get kicked to a '23. Just something to be aware of, if you weren't already.

Congrat's & good luck!

OP
OP
Dechion

Dechion

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Forte
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ordering now, next spring would be best-case. Very good chance it could get kicked to a '23. Just something to be aware of, if you weren't already.

Congrat's & good luck!
Thank you.

I wonder how that would work, if a first edition got bumped to 23. Its possible to build almost the same truck, just slightly different graphics and slightly more money, so I would probably go that route if needed.

Hoping to be driving my Maverick by next summer.

Springboks

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Deon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Congrat's & good luck!
I am in the same boat. Placed my order 1 week ago. But I am actually ok with being bumped to first in line for the 2023. We all know that the 2nd year is always better with more options than the first.

OP
OP
Dechion

Dechion

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Forte
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am in the same boat. Placed my order 1 week ago. But I am actually ok with being bumped to first in line for the 2023. We all know that the 2nd year is always better with more options than the first.
If you don't mind my asking, what's next? Will I get an email from Ford? Never ordered a vehicle before. Hell, no one in my family ever has.

Sponsored

Springboks

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Deon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you don't mind my asking, what's next? Will I get an email from Ford? Never ordered a vehicle before. Hell, no one in my family ever has.
If you have signed your order sheet, then call 1800-334-4375 and verify that the dealership has indeed placed your order. They will ask you for all your contact info (a good way to make sure the dealership entered it correctly). They will also ask you for the sales code and order code, which can be found on the top right (see pic attached). Many weeks (maybe even months) from now, they will e-mail you the VIN for your car to be produced, then later the window stickers. Others further in the process can correct/comment further.

Ford Maverick Well, I didn't plan to order a truck yesterday... order

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I never ordered a vehicle either. I received a confirmation email quickly, but I don't remember the time frame. My best guess is a day? Then I found this place and learned alot. I changed my order two times. Changed from eco boost to hybrid, then changed from velocity blue to cyber orange. Now just waiting for a production email. I suppose if I hadn't found this place I would be wondering about my order, but knowing I'm not the only one, I'm not worried about the wait.

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have been doing a good amount of research, and a lot of YouTube watching, in preparation for replacing my little Kia with a pickup next year. We went to the local Ford dealer yesterday to drop off my daughters Explorer for scheduled maint and decided to take a look at the area 51 color in person.

I talked to my wife about the limited availability on hybrids, and we decided to go ahead and pull the trigger. We won't see the truck till next spring anyhow, so we are good.

Ordered in a hybrid first edition in area 51.

now I suppose I just wait for emails, lol.
Ford Maverick Well, I didn't plan to order a truck yesterday... 5CE78BFA-58B2-4126-8975-0B95CC0B0FCD

fishinmagician

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 maverick hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Congrat's & good luck!
It doesn't matter if your ordered now or way back in June. Some orders have been scheduled for production a few days after they were submitted last week. Some orders still haven't been scheduled for production and they were placed in June.

coxwm2

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer Sport, 2022 Bronco Wildtrak 4 Door
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You should be fine with ordering, and receiving , a 2022 First Edition Maverick. Ford has stated publicly on multiple forums that the 2022 First Edition HYBRID reservations are ALMOST filled for MY22, and will close sometime in November. At that time, if you try to order a First Edition Hybrid, your dealer should inform you that your order could move to MY23.

Personally, I ordered a FE Hybrid June 14. Patience is key to getting what you want with the Maverick, as orders have far exceeded Ford's expectations for a new model vehicle. But, then again, the Maverick fits a market for a small truck (like me 1992 S-10 from my younger days) that currently does not exist. That, and the gas mileage for a Hybrid (this vehicle will be our third Ford hybrid) is light on the wallet. MY 2014 Fusion hybrid gets fed once a month at the pump.

Sponsored

Kunari801

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
....Ordered in a hybrid first edition in area 51.
I'm with you, last month I didn't intend to order but I took my c-max in for scheduled maintenance and was looking at the Maverick brochure pictures they had on the wall. We had many of the same thoughts as you guys; It's a great price for everything you get with this hybrid and my C-Max is getting very long in the tooth. Went with the FE Rapid Red color though as I didn't get to see real samples of the paints.

I plan to keep the C-Max as my daily driver (40-50min drive to work) and the Maverick as my fun weekend driver.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If they confirmed your order you should have already gotten an email. Did they take a copy of of drivers license and sign an order sheet? They need your order approved in the ROVP system.

I also highly recommend getting a buyers order. That way you have a signed document by the dealer detailing the out the door cost.

If you haveny already, ask if they accept X plan pricing and make sure that is on the buyers order. Small discount plus doc fee is capped at $100.

You can get x plan pricing if you own 100 shares of Ford stock for 6 months. If you don’t you can get X price by joining Mustang Club of America for $35 and need to be a member for 3 months. Don’t select the $25 membership as it doesn’t include x price. https://mustang.org/membership-account/levels/

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It doesn't matter if your ordered now or way back in June. Some orders have been scheduled for production a few days after they were submitted last week. Some orders still haven't been scheduled for production and they were placed in June.
I think it matters a lot when you order, and what you order. A hybrid FE is most likely not going to be a quick turnaround.

Of course there are outliers & special cases, but it's not the norm. Orders are put into queue as received, based on planned production matches & dealer allocations.

Expect the worst, hope for the best, is a good mindset here.

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Or not...

Who know, those getting kicked to a '23 might lose some storage space. Notably, the dash cubby hole.
Not to mention a significant price jump, most likely...
Sponsored