Sponsored

Well, I didn't plan to order a truck yesterday...

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi Rob, can you explain what the X plan is? I have already purchased, but didn’t know about this plan. I own about 1k shares of Ford stock. It sounds like I could have saved some cash in my order.

Thank you
it isn’t a large discount and luckily your stock is high now so that’s good. The big discount for most is capped $100 doc fee. I’m saving $235 on my build and $500 off the doc fee. In addition I am getting military rebate and any other rebates at delivery. You save more off adds than on the truck. I think the lux packages get a couple hundred off.

Other stocks that offer discount for owning them. Link

Share holder x plan request link

Enter code MC405 here

Ford Maverick Well, I didn't plan to order a truck yesterday... C2F7B64D-4C70-4076-B947-6FAECB229253
Sponsored

Last edited:

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am in the same boat. Placed my order 1 week ago. But I am actually ok with being bumped to first in line for the 2023. We all know that the 2nd year is always better with more options than the first.
Don't be so sure of that.

I got bumped from a MY21 bronco to a MY22 bronco and all it did was cost me $895 (I was not price protected) and gave me a shittier bumper. But I do get Eruption Green.

Rodeoman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0l Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They bump you will they not honor the price at the time you ordered?
Not this late in the ordering process. I ordered in June of this year for a MY21 Bronco and was not included in price protection (only through 3.19.21) so I am taking a $895 hit moving to MY22.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Sponsored

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So what subtle changes can we expect on 2023 Maverick? I have a july order and thinking about ordering another one hoping it'll be for 2023.

Do we know for sure that the price will go up? What would be the most realistic upgrades can we see? Hybrid AWD? Push To Start button on lower trims? More interior colors? Sync 3 on lower trims?

Losing the cubby next to the screen? Would that mean bigger screen?

I don't mind waiting another year as long as the price stays relatively the same for the hybrid.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So what subtle changes can we expect on 2023 Maverick? I have a july order and thinking about ordering another one hoping it'll be for 2023.

Do we know for sure that the price will go up? What would be the most realistic upgrades can we see? Hybrid AWD? Push To Start button on lower trims? More interior colors? Sync 3 on lower trims?

I don't mind waiting another year as long as the price stays relatively the same for the hybrid.
Just look at the scarcity of commodities for building all vehicles and increasing prices across the board for everything you buy in your daily life.

The 2022 Maverick is the cheapest you're going to ever see it. I expect a price increase inline with that of the Bronco (21 to 22) which will be around $895 or more. I also don't believe Ford anticipated the demand for the Hybrid and if anything that price will only increase even more.

They are not going to add more options to lower trim levels to make the lower trim levels more appealing. They also did not do this with the Bronco from year to year.

The omission of the AWD Hybrid is a head scratcher to me considering that you can get an Escape Hybrid in AWD. My best guess is that the 2021 Escape Hybrid SE AWD has a base price of $31,000 and if you offered the Maverick in AWD Hybrid XL form for under $24,000 you are seriously undercutting the price of your own vehicle. I would think that Ford would direct buyers to the Escape Hybrid or the an AWD EB,

The omission of a the Hybrid AWD i think hurts customers more than Ford and they know that.

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just look at the scarcity of commodities for building all vehicles and increasing prices across the board for everything you buy in your daily life.

The 2022 Maverick is the cheapest you're going to ever see it. I expect a price increase inline with that of the Bronco (21 to 22) which will be around $895 or more. I also don't believe Ford anticipated the demand for the Hybrid and if anything that price will only increase even more.

They are not going to add more options to lower trim levels to make the lower trim levels more appealing. They also did not do this with the Bronco from year to year.

The omission of the AWD Hybrid is a head scratcher to me considering that you can get an Escape Hybrid in AWD. My best guess is that the 2021 Escape Hybrid SE AWD has a base price of $31,000 and if you offered the Maverick in AWD Hybrid XL form for under $24,000 you are seriously undercutting the price of your own vehicle. I would think that Ford would direct buyers to the Escape Hybrid or the an AWD EB,

The omission of a the Hybrid AWD i think hurts customers more than Ford and they know that.
Got it! Keep my july order! I always thought the this hybrid truck is such a bargain that Ford will realize that they could sell these at a starting price at least same as the Rav4 hybrid.

bighap

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I'm waiting for the 23 for many of these reasons. I REALLY want an AWD hybrid option. The stupid cubby that just screams for a bigger screen destroys my OCD, and a Homelink option would be nice. A rear defroster would be another nice add on. Even if none of these changes come, I know it's better to buy a vehicle in its second year.

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm waiting for the 23 for many of these reasons. I REALLY want an AWD hybrid option. The stupid cubby that just screams for a bigger screen destroys my OCD, and a Homelink option would be nice. A rear defroster would be another nice add on. Even if none of these changes come, I know it's better to buy a vehicle in its second year.
I'll keep my order for now and wait for a mid gen cycle refresh upgrade. If it's worth the upgrade like what you mentioned, then I'll just trade in to that. It's thr american way!

Sponsored

dalola

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sunsetridgecabinhockinghills.com
Vehicle(s)
F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
lol....you guys need to put the koolaid down. The ONLY thing that's likely to change for '23 is the price. ;)

OP
OP
Dechion

Dechion

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Forte
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
LOL that is optimistic. You'll be lucky to see that before next fall.
Yeah. I doubt I'll see it until the middle of next year, all depending on Fords algorithm af what to build when.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not to mention a significant price jump, most likely...
my dealer expects modest quarterly increases next year, similar pattern to Bronco Sport.

Rodeoman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick 2.0l Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank you, I wonder if they might honor three weeks after purchase? That would tell me if they’re really my friend😂…. Thank you for letting us know about this. Hopefully others to take it advantage of it
no problem 😉. Hopefully it works out for you but I wouldn’t hold my breath. I’ve told numerous people here who shrug it off like saving money is to hard. I don’t get it 🤣.

another thing I’ve done is sign up for the Ford Credit card. It is actually a fantastic card that nets 3.3% cash back for the first $6,000 yearly and a minimum of $60 in free maintenance from Ford. After spending $6k a year it isn’t as valuable. I have a dozen credit cards and average a little over 4% cash back on all purchases. The only monthly cost I don’t get money back on is my mortgage, but I have enough to pay it off invested so I kind of do make money on the debt.
Sponsored