Sponsored

Weirdest thing yet about the Maverick

UCFGoose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None because no registration on Maverick
I took delivery the last Friday of February. I got it home and when I opened the driver side door I see a small rubber part in the door pocket. I don't recognize the part and I am looking high and low for it and I don't see anything missing. It's got a FoMoCo part number so I look it up and I am not only the proud owner of a Maverick but also a 2015-2020 Ford F-150 tailgate bumper for the right side.

No idea how it got there. Maybe someone found it when they were washing it and just decided to tuck it in there.

Ford Maverick Weirdest thing yet about the Maverick 1646698887764
Sponsored

AnthonyMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The Mav uses the same ones. I bet yours or the truck next to it in the lot is missing it.

They often have bunch of white grease on them new, and when the dealer preps the trucks, they wipe it and it falls off. Prep kid doesn’t notice it or just throws it in the bed and moves on.

Vongreg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Camry, chevy 2500 HD, Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Check your tailgate ,it is a bumper for it. Open the tailgate look either left or right towards the top of the bed

cannon

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL awd
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I took delivery the last Friday of February. I got it home and when I opened the driver side door I see a small rubber part in the door pocket. I don't recognize the part and I am looking high and low for it and I don't see anything missing. It's got a FoMoCo part number so I look it up and I am not only the proud owner of a Maverick but also a 2015-2020 Ford F-150 tailgate bumper for the right side.

No idea how it got there. Maybe someone found it when they were washing it and just decided to tuck it in there.

1646698887764.png
There is a plastic retainer/rivet inside the hole. Be sure it is pulled back before you attach this bumper, then push the pin to expand it. I have a customer here every few weeks claiming these are defective but typically just have to be reattached properly.

Sponsored

Michael Dietzel

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Well that explains why my tailgate has been squeaking since I took delivery LOL I guess I was in the line in front of you

boatman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger, Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Some one posted a pic of that same piece a few weeks ago on another thread asking what it was. My 19 F-250 had one fall off a year ago.

BJ Wrangler

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

1646698887764.png

BJ Wrangler

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Quite right tailgatr bumper. I have an early build October 22 the bumpers were terrible until a different configured part was ordered and installed. Hasn't been issue since. Love this trickle bought off the lot for sticker. Added, mud flaps, hard tri fold tonneau, fits pkg, XLT, awd& an engine cover from the Escape just to dress the engine bay up, tail gate slow open & pistons to raise the engine hood
Sponsored