First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered the factory all weather mats as an add-on where they also included the factory carpet mats. I only received the front carpet mats.

Should I have received rear carpet mats?
No they only come with carpet front mats for some reason.
Sponsored

Connect

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Accord, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ya that's a great point, I like husky liners alot and had them in my last car with no problems and solid build. Husky doesn't make them for the Ford Maverick yet unfortunately so I went with the weather tech over OEM.
I have had weathertech in a few cars over the years and have recently started going with husky only because the weathertech seem hard to keep from looking 'faded'.

Strobe

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2013 BMW M3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would have tried Husky this time around, but I am not waiting until late January to get mats considering the nasty salt crap will be on the roads/parking lots any time now where I'm at. I ordered the front WeatherTech so I'll have them when my truck shows up in the next 2-3 weeks. I like how the Ford ones look, but the lack over coverage by the gas pedal is annoying. Don't want salt stains on the carpet if I can help it.

I asked WeatherTech customer service and they said if I call them I can get free shipping on the rear mats when they come in (late Dec) since I already ordered the fronts and couldn't combine shipping.

Huntski51

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Fod Maverick
@Str8Jacked! - would you mind posting a few pictures of them installed as well? Both the drivers and passenger side? Thanks for the consideration.

The64

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That's good to know about the husky and coverage under your left foot rest. I have weathertech in my current car and really like them with one exception... That left foot area has collected all of the sand and salt over the years.

Sponsored

OldSoulNewMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Someone in another thread hyped up the TuxMat brand, as those usually have the most complete coverage over all competitors. Most reviews say it "covers all of the carpet flooring" and even extends slightly under the seats. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about this brand, whereas I live only about 30 minutes from the WeatherTech HQ, and have had nothing but good luck with those. Can anyone comment on TuxMat?

OP
OP

Str8Jacked!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick
@Str8Jacked! - would you mind posting a few pictures of them installed as well? Both the drivers and passenger side? Thanks for the consideration.
Ya I can, I did add a video showing the front driver side at the beginning of this chat, my first post

Huntski51

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Fod Maverick
Ya I can, I did add a video showing the front driver side at the beginning of this chat, my first post
Thank you. I watched it but think a few photos would do your install a bit more justice :)

ColoradoShooter

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma/Fusion
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Someone in another thread hyped up the TuxMat brand, as those usually have the most complete coverage over all competitors. Most reviews say it "covers all of the carpet flooring" and even extends slightly under the seats. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about this brand, whereas I live only about 30 minutes from the WeatherTech HQ, and have had nothing but good luck with those. Can anyone comment on TuxMat?
I’ve used Weathertech for 20yrs and this is the first I’ve heard of TuxMat. I did some research on them and I have to say I’m very impressed. They do have more coverage then WT and look very “premium”. You do pay a little more, but if they’ll make a set for a Maverick they’re at the top of my list.

Sponsored

OldSoulNewMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve used Weathertech for 20yrs and this is the first I’ve heard of TuxMat. I did some research on them and I have to say I’m very impressed. They do have more coverage then WT and look very “premium”. You do pay a little more, but if they’ll make a set for a Maverick they’re at the top of my list.
Right? That's exactly my thoughts. I just wish I knew more information about the TuxMat company. I can't seem to find the person in the other thread that had mentioned them.

ColoradoShooter

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma/Fusion
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I used the Search function and found the thread you’re mentioning and it doesn’t go into specifics on the TuxMat. The unfortunate thing for me is that on Amazon, TuxMat is made in China as opposed to USA for WT. That bothers me from a monetary perspective as it’s almost $200 for a full set and from Principal as I try to buy USA made if it’s an option 😕

Last edited:

houselog442

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
I went with WeatherTech as well. My thing is I wanted a mat that went under the gas pedal and most importantl, I wanted asap! Floor mats are the first thing i get when I buy a vehicle, I can wait for many other things but I want the floor mats now!

Sjbuck2021

Banned
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Frontier /2018 Acura RDX
The problem with WeatherTech is they usually don't go up the firewall very high on the driver side corner where you would put your foot, on the flat part. That is the part of the floor that takes the biggest beating. Husky has always been my go to on all of my vehicles because of this part of the design which can be seen in the photo below. Husky seem to hold their shape better as the edges of the WeatherTech seem to roll down over time.

hqdefault.jpg
I agree...weather

Sjbuck2021

Banned
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Frontier /2018 Acura RDX
Hey, yes I did have both of them. I didn't think to do a video when I had the others.

I returned the OEM ones to get these. The OEM ones are still really nice quality, it just came down to the coverage for me.
I ordered the oem. Can I take it off the build? I have no vin yet. I am going with the husky liners for sure. Weather tech are overpriced and I have had the curling problem with them on previous trucks. Never buy them again.
Sponsored