Sponsored

Weather floor mats - Smartliner, Husky, or Weathertech?

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The vehicle manufacturers, such as Ford, are the OEM's
gotcha, my understanding was more in line with this:

“Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) parts are built by the company that initially made the parts for the auto manufacturer.”

So whoever sells to Smart Liner and Rough Country would be the OEM. But potatoe-potato.

I’m just a frugal shopper and want the best bang for my buck.
Sponsored

OXHB619

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL EB 2.0
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
But I didn't like how Ford's mats skimped by the gas pedal.
I would wager this is fallout from Nate going under gas pedals years ago, and this was done out of an abundance of caution.
I have them in my current XL, I would keep them if they covered under the pedal. Lots of dirt/debris in that spot, and I live in the city so not like I’m doing farm work.

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
gotcha, my understanding was more in line with this:

“Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) parts are built by the company that initially made the parts for the auto manufacturer.”

So whoever sells to Smart Liner and Rough Country would be the OEM. But potatoe-potato.

I’m just a frugal shopper and want the best bang for my buck.
In the auto industry vernacular:
  • OEM Original Equipment Manufacture
    • Ford, GM, Stellantis, etc.
    • They build the vehicle and generally the vehicle body & engine
  • Tier 1 Supplier
    • Suppliers who supply parts directly to the OEM's
    • Seats, tires, floor mats, etc.
  • Tier 2 Supplier
    • Supply components/parts to the tier 1's
  • Tier 3 Supplier
    • Supply components/parts to the tier 2's
  • etc.

crunchie_frog

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT 2.0 4K, 1999 & 2000 5.0 AWD Mountaineers
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone try the 3D Kagu all weather mats? They look really nice but I have not purchased before.

A9901AB6-3E3F-4601-8C9B-9A8AD1FBE575.png
I have this brand in a 2020 Escape and they are nice, perfect fit. Will get the same for the Maverick. Getting close to two years use and they clean up great and look like new. Makes vacuuming the inside easy as they snap in and out and all the dirt stays in them and not on the carpet.

Meintc

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Lynette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would wager this is fallout from Nate going under gas pedals years ago, and this was done out of an abundance of caution.
I have them in my current XL, I would keep them if they covered under the pedal. Lots of dirt/debris in that spot, and I live in the city so not like I’m doing farm work.
I never really paid attention until it was mentioned here. I went out to my Escape and my mats don't go under the pedal there either. But since I was leasing my Escape it wasn't a concern, but now that I'm buying my Maverick, I want better.

Sponsored

Flomounier1

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I say expensive ones in the front, cheap ones in the back. Whatever covers the side wall as the Maverick carpet attracts a ton of crap that is extremely difficult to vacuum.

buyacar

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Try AutoAnything.com

They have 10% off promo plus 15% off orders of $99 or more. Plus their Customer Service chat feature is awesome. They're great at price matching too.
Thank you for the information. Seems the one AutoAnything selling is only for Ecoboost not for Hybrid? Thanks

RevBo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Best bang for the buck! Smartliner, husky, or weathertech? Looked at tuxmat but that cost is brutal compared to smartliners $127.

Also needs to protect under the gas pedal and the higher up on the sill the better.
I just received my new 3D MaxSpider Kagu Mats (https://3dmatsusa.com/collections/c...ducts/kagu-floor-liner?variant=42237848846496). These are HANDS DOWN the best fitting custom all weather mats for the Mav bar none. I read many reviews comparing them to WeatherTech, Husky, Smartliner, and Ford mats and they exceed them all in my opinion. The link is to the 3D site itself, but you can buy them at Real Truck or Auto Anything and Google for a coupon. I got my full set for $147.00 instead of $180.00 retail. Once you receive them you will both see and feel the quality.

abcinv

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Tundra DBL Cab Limited 4WD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just received my new 3D MaxSpider Kagu Mats (https://3dmatsusa.com/collections/c...ducts/kagu-floor-liner?variant=42237848846496). These are HANDS DOWN the best fitting custom all weather mats for the Mav bar none. I read many reviews comparing them to WeatherTech, Husky, Smartliner, and Ford mats and they exceed them all in my opinion. The link is to the 3D site itself, but you can buy them at Real Truck or Auto Anything and Google for a coupon. I got my full set for $147.00 instead of $180.00 retail. Once you receive them you will both see and feel the quality.
I have these in my wife's Lexus and my daughters Rav4 and they are great. I have these in my Volvo C30 as well but have finally worn a hole in the drivers side from changing gears over the last 5+ years. Can't be upset at that though (FYI my wife's are 5 years old too and they are still in great shape),

I will get a set for the Mav at some point.

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I called April at Smartliner to confirm my email and the anticipated restocking of hybrid mats for the same discounted price of 129.99 (down from 152.93) and she said the end of October to begininng of November is still the targeted time frame.

Sponsored

AltoBAP

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jefferson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
In the auto industry vernacular:
  • OEM Original Equipment Manufacture
    • Ford, GM, Stellantis, etc.
    • They build the vehicle and generally the vehicle body & engine
  • Tier 1 Supplier
    • Suppliers who supply parts directly to the OEM's
    • Seats, tires, floor mats, etc.
  • Tier 2 Supplier
    • Supply components/parts to the tier 1's
  • Tier 3 Supplier
    • Supply components/parts to the tier 2's
  • etc.
Dictionary defines OEM as "original equipment manufacturer, an organization that makes devices from component parts bought from other organizations. "

Hint: the component parts bought from other organizations are bought from Tier 1 suppliers.

Rpavel

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, dodge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Best bang for the buck! Smartliner, husky, or weathertech? Looked at tuxmat but that cost is brutal compared to smartliners $127.

Also needs to protect under the gas pedal and the higher up on the sill the better.
Check out 3d Matts

Micheal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Micheal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Escape Hy, 2014 Escape, 2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
:)
I'm kind of not gonna answer the actual question by voting for WeatherTech as my favorite brand in general. Their products are built in the USA by American workers (shame the Maverick isn't). They're really a company to be proud of. I always buy from them.
I got the TUXMAT front and rear. They go under the gas and 5" up the sides. I don't have truck yet (this week hopefully). I know, they were expensive compared to some, but seem worth it. Not American made, but made in
Canada. Their ok, eh?

Ford Maverick Weather floor mats - Smartliner, Husky, or Weathertech? 1666137656436
Ford Maverick Weather floor mats - Smartliner, Husky, or Weathertech? 1666137749117

Last edited:

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
:)

I got the TUXMAT front and rear. They go under the gas and 5" up the sides. I don't have truck yet (this week hopefully). I know, they were expensive compared to some, but seem worth it. Not American made, but made in
Canada. Their ok, eh?

1666137656436.png
1666137749117.png
They priced out at 198.90 for a hybrid set. I'm going to wait out the Smartliner shipment.
Sponsored