John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My wife and I were in a traffic mess that took 2 1/2 hours to drive 10 miles last Thursday evening. I can't begin to count how many times the brakes grab as we were creeping along during that time. On the other hand, I found the brake assist was just perfect for that situation as opposed to keeping your foot on the brake pedal the whole time.
Do you have updated or original software?
Sponsored

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

So the update does something.

It's subjective if it is half better, 70% better, or 70% the same.

I'm 2000 miles past the update.
The slight improvement seems to have stuck.

It not 100% solved.
But I feel it's stable, and did not "revert back" with time. I notice mild grabby brakes every day. But I've not had any OMG! or Holy $hit! moments since the update.

Verdict: not the ultimate fix, but worth having done if you are at the service department for other reasons.

🤷🏻‍♂️
Mine went back to grabby brakes again, after 3 weeks

Lone Star Proud

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you have updated or original software?
According to my dealer it was current at the time. I had it checked during last summer. My truck was built in March 2022.

My wife had never experienced that grab before. I finally learned to just very, very lightly apply the brake and it didn't happen as much. Even then, it wasn't everytime, but it was sure annoying

GPSMan

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

According to my dealer it was current at the time. I had it checked during last summer. My truck was built in March 2022.

My wife had never experienced that grab before. I finally learned to just very, very lightly apply the brake and it didn't happen as much. Even then, it wasn't everytime, but it was sure annoying
They didn't come updated from the factory. Pretty sure it affects the entire model year. You need to specifically ask for it. They won't automatically change the software on a routine trip for an oil change; for example.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Only under 6 MPH, happens mostly going through a Drive Thru

Maverick2023

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So it's a little more than a month since I had mine updated/fixed. The issue seems minimal now. Overall, completely satisfied 99.9999%. The clicking/shuddering is completely gone at any speed. Still experienced a very slight drag when coming to a stop. Feels like it takes a little slower for the brakes/regen to kick in. Not quite as bad as before the fix.
Sponsored