VIDEO: NEW INFORMATION for 2023 FORD MAVERICK Ordering

NoMavyYet

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 f250 2002 Ranger
Seams like a ClusterF..k to think both Ford AND my local dealer will be able to figure out this new reordering system.

I have a good feeling they won’t be able to figure out my 22 order into a 23
Especially if I change specs
Sponsored

OP
OP
fordvideoguy

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Ford Bronco
Engine
Undecided
@fordvideoguy Tim, "if I understood one of the questions/comments" during your Live Facebook session the other night, the question was asked that if you removed the constrained items like Lux Pkg, CP360 etc in order to "Hopefully" get scheduled/Built, that if it did Not get built since there is no guarantee that your Private Offer for the MY23 would likely be Less since the vehicle price would be less with the items removed. I thought I understood that you were going to check on that. I apologize in advance if I misunderstood any of this, am I correct in my understanding and were you able to find out any details?

2nd question, so I had received a private offer that was going to be worth $750 but it expired like 4 months or so after I placed my MY22 order, it's not my fault that Ford didn't get it built, so will Ford take things like that into consideration in addition to the MY23 private offer?
I'm still waiting for the answer to that question as well as 4 other questions. The private offer won't expire, maybe at the end of 23MY. We will get more information closer to August 2nd.

thallman1125

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm still waiting for the answer to that question as well as 4 other questions. The private offer won't expire, maybe at the end of 23MY. We will get more information closer to August 2nd.
Evening Tim,

Do you think the private offer could be used in combination with the X-Plan - like I was going to use at the dealership I ordered the MY22.

Also, once the private offer comes in, I would like to use it at a dealership that is closer to me (DFW area has a crap load of Ford dealerships). I wonder if the private offer would have a stipulation that would require the customer to order the MY23 at the same dealership that the MY22 was ordered at.

Last, do you think retail orders come in faster at a high volume dealership or at a very small dealership? I’m trying to think of allocations (things I’ve learned from your YouTube videos 😂).

OP
OP
fordvideoguy

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Evening Tim,

Do you think the private offer could be used in combination with the X-Plan - like I was going to use at the dealership I ordered the MY22.

Also, once the private offer comes in, I would like to use it at a dealership that is closer to me (DFW area has a crap load of Ford dealerships). I wonder if the private offer would have a stipulation that would require the customer to order the MY23 at the same dealership that the MY22 was ordered at.

Last, do you think retail orders come in faster at a high volume dealership or at a very small dealership? I’m trying to think of allocations (things I’ve learned from your YouTube videos 😂).
It should work on your Xplan, not 100% sure though.
I am checking on whether you have to reorder with same dealer to use private offer and priority. I assume the private offer will be based on you name and address not tied to dealer. The prioritization is what I'm unclear on. Waiting for reply from @Ford Motor Company
I think that a higher volume dealer will receive more allocations but I believe the allocations are based on COVP orders and a percentage of regions total allocations.

SLINGSHOT

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RAV4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Tim, if I show up at a FORD dealer on August second to order a 23, will they know what I'm talking about? I do NOT have a 22 on order. This would be my first order.
If they don't to what do I refer them?

Sponsored

OP
OP
fordvideoguy

fordvideoguy

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.long-mcarthur.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Tim, if I show up at a FORD dealer on August second to order a 23, will they know what I'm talking about? I do NOT have a 22 on order. This would be my first order.
They should but just ask them to order it. But I would contact your dealer ahead of time to confirm ordering that day, plus what they plan to price, dealer fee, any add ons, and if they know to submit orders through COVP.

tngreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
@fordvideoguy Tim!

Does a 22 order holder have to order (2023) with SAME dealer to keep their place in line?

Thanks for all you do!

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
@fordvideoguy Tim!

Does a 22 order holder have to order (2023) with SAME dealer to keep their place in line?

Thanks for all you do!
I'm going to preface @fordvideoguy and say no. The 2021 Broncos were reservations that required a new reservation sent to the new dealer with old and new reservation numbers. People called Ford support to update dealer information while they had a reservation.

Once either order went into the WBDO and became approved through COVP the dealer information had to stay put to preserve the name match policy.

It also allows Ford's regional schedulers to properly assign allocations the 15th of the prior month.

PeteSJCA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Hi Tim, Thanks for all your help. I ordered a Hybrid Lariat Lux on Sept 28, 2021, and had been given a build date of May 30th, which was moved to June 27, which was moved to July 4th (today)! I was able to see the progress timeline and the window sticker on Ford's order site, but now I can't even get in to check. Nothing happens when I put in the order number and VIN.

Do you think mine will get built soon? or will I have to wait for a 2023. I appreciate anything you can tell me. Thanks!

PeteSJCA

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Tim, I have a COVP 2022 Lariat 2.0EB unscheduled. If I roll it to '23, can I change it to XLT Hybrid and still keep my "place in line" or do I get kicked back to the end of the line with non-orders?
Howdy, What does COVP stand for? thanks!

Sponsored

RRaynor2

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

NeedForSteve

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Fusion 2.3; 2023 HPR XLT EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They should but just ask them to order it. But I would contact your dealer ahead of time to confirm ordering that day, plus what they plan to price, dealer fee, any add ons, and if they know to submit orders through COVP.
Wait, so does ordering open up on the 2nd or 15th? I'm confused.

bburchfield

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I called my dealer to confirm that I had an approved COVP order. They photocopied my DL when I placed the order and I got the confirmed order email from Ford later that same day, so I was assuming I was ok. Turns out they never submitted a COVP order - told me that was a "new way" of placing orders and wasn't required at the time (January of '22).

Now they're telling me I shouldn't worry about it, I should still get the private offer, etc. etc. I'm skeptical. Is there any way for them to fix this or is it too late?

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I called my dealer to confirm that I had an approved COVP order. They photocopied my DL when I placed the order and I got the confirmed order email from Ford later that same day, so I was assuming I was ok. Turns out they never submitted a COVP order - told me that was a "new way" of placing orders and wasn't required at the time (January of '22).

Now they're telling me I shouldn't worry about it, I should still get the private offer, etc. etc. I'm skeptical. Is there any way for them to fix this or is it too late?
If your order is on hold and they can still get it approved, you should be good.
Sponsored