Sponsored

Hybrid Pedestrian Alert Noise (Reverse/Drive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stock411

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anybody looked into disabling the Hybrid noise that emits from the truck when in drive or reverse? I’ve found videos of Hybrid F150’s being modded to disable them

I think it’d be the same for the Maverick Hybrid. Has anybody successfully done this already?
Sponsored

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anybody looked into disabling the Hybrid noise that emits from the truck when in drive or reverse? I’ve found videos of Hybrid F150’s being modded to disable them

I think it’d be the same for the Maverick Hybrid. Has anybody successfully done this already?
I definitely WANT to do it, but I know I shouldn’t… I wonder where it’s located on the Mav.

It would be cool to have it on some kind of accessible switch instead of totally disconnected.

OP
OP

Stock411

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
why do you want to disable it? are you planning to run ove blind people walking behind your truck? it's there for a reason.
There's plenty reasons as to why, mostly for my reasoning is hunting and not wanting to disturb my apartment complex super late at night. Bearing mind the Hybrid Pedestrian alert is very loud in a quiet neighborhood compared to let's say a SUV/Truck with a small engine.

FYI: EV's/Hybrids were required to have those audible alerts since 2018 but wasn't being enforced to manufactures till this year. I own another older Hybrid vehicle and it doesn't emit any noise whatsoever from it.

FriscoTXJoe

2.5L Hybrid
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

why do you want to disable it? are you planning to run ove blind people walking behind your truck? it's there for a reason.
Don't see this happening in Texas very often. Where do you live that blind people purposely walk behind hybrids hoping to get run over?

I'm thinking an attorney might be behind this trend.

Sponsored

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hybrids and EVs are VERY quiet, so the pedestrian warning system is actually damn important. Not just for keeping people with limited vision safe, but for anyone who might be distracted--including the driver. Disabling it seems shortsighted at best, and idiotic at worst. I'm guessing that the police, insurance companies, and courts aren't too understanding when there's an accident involving a vehicle with a disabled system.

Last edited:

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There's plenty reasons as to why, mostly for my reasoning is hunting and not wanting to disturb my apartment complex super late at night. Bearing mind the Hybrid Pedestrian alert is very loud in a quiet neighborhood compared to let's say a SUV/Truck with a small engine.

FYI: EV's/Hybrids were required to have those audible alerts since 2018 but wasn't being enforced to manufactures till this year. I own another older Hybrid vehicle and it doesn't emit any noise whatsoever from it.
Do you drive around in a gas-powered car with your engine off "so as to not disturb the neighbors"?

Disturbing the neighbors is coming home late blaring music, in a loud diesel truck, blaring the horn, etc. Not an engine noise or hybrid pedestrian alert noise that is really only heard outside.

Or do your neighbors live outside next to where you park?

And who uses their vehicle to sneak up on the animals they're hunting? Shouldn't it be parked away from where you're set up?

ThisWas

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid, 2021 RAV4 Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anybody looked into disabling the Hybrid noise that emits from the truck when in drive or reverse?
Our other hybrid is a RAV4. On the Toyota forums, people who remove the device that makes the noise (it's between the radiator and the grille on a RAV4) have found that this generates an error code. The two working solutions are to cover the device with foam insulation and duct tape or to replace it with a resistor that simulates the load. I assume that the MegaOhm device is a fancy resistor.

I haven't looked for the noisemaker on my Maverick; I just turn up the radio.

Nunyabiznus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber Orange Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Don't see this happening in Texas very often. Where do you live that blind people purposely walk behind hybrids hoping to get run over?

Not happening often? So what you're saying is it happens

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If some someone injures or kills another person because they disabled a warning system, there will probably be quite a few attorneys involved--and likely a judge as well.

Running over people sucks.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Stock411

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If some someone injures or kills another person because they disabled a warning system, there will probably be quite a few attorneys involved--and likely a judge as well.

Running over people sucks.
I agree people getting ran over does stink. I’m not here to discuss the legality and or issue with it. You seem to think people who want this “mod” have a malicious intent to which I do not. The EV Sound in the Maverick is horrid if ford sound engineered a friendlier tone I’m sure people wouldn’t want to delete it. Circling back to the issue of people getting ran over, I see it more as a driver error rather than the pedestrians simply walking.

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree people getting ran over does stink. I’m not here to discuss the legality and or issue with it. You seem to think people who want this “mod” have a malicious intent to which I do not. The EV Sound in the Maverick is horrid if ford sound engineered a friendlier tone I’m sure people wouldn’t want to delete it. Circling back to the issue of people getting ran over, I see it more as a driver error rather than the pedestrians simply walking.
I don't think it's necessary malicious to disable the system. But it is dangerous and foolish. Thousands of pedestrians are killed every year, and tens of thousands are injured, in the US. Whether the fault of the driver or the pedestrian, this sucks. Overlooking the small annoyance of an unpleasant noise seems like a worthy hardship if it saves lives.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anybody looked into disabling the Hybrid noise that emits from the truck when in reverse?
WTF :mad: Do you really want to kill or injure someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.