medgar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For overall value and potential resale value. XLT with 4k tow, AWD and spray on liner.

For overall value and keeping the truck until it dies. XL with 4k tow and spray on liner. One could opt for AWD depending on where they live or how they will use the truck.
Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For overall value and potential resale value. XLT with 4k tow, AWD and spray on liner.

For overall value and keeping the truck until it dies. XL with 4k tow and spray on liner. One could opt for AWD depending on where they live or how they will use the truck.
Yep, I'm going that combo and adding the 2.0L w/AWD. Also full size spare + all weather floor liners/mats for $26,365. Nothing out there even comes close to all that capability and utility for that price. I already have a newer F-150 for the big jobs and low miles Jeep Grand Cherokee for daily driver, comfy road trip vehicle and all the SUV activities of modern life. The Maverick fits nicely in between my other 2 vehicles and takes over as more MPG efficient daily driver and primary towing, day trip adventure vehicle. And with a nice warranty for peace of mind. Another thing people aren't considering is whatever future PHEV, BEV advanced drivetrain Ford puts into later Mavericks likely could be retrofitted into this 1 if desired and/or ICE vehicles are actually going extinct.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Another thing people aren't considering is whatever future PHEV, BEV advanced drivetrain Ford puts into later Mavericks likely could be retrofitted into this 1 if desired
This seems like it would be wildly expensive, if even possible. Have you heard of other platforms able to be retrofitted like this?

fordtruckguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford truck
Wondering how the hybrid maverick will hold up against the 2.0. Maybe not the best comparison but looked at a 2017 fusion ice vs hybrid and the KBB for the regular version was $900 more.

Art_Vandelay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat, Subaru WRX
This seems like it would be wildly expensive, if even possible. Have you heard of other platforms able to be retrofitted like this?
I’ve seen reports that the hybrid battery Ford is using only takes up half the available space it could. Combine that with the dash cubby and it leads me to believe that Ford told the designers that they wanted this thing to be modular from the ground up. I think what they’re really doing is buying a chunk of the market by introducing this first generation at a cheap price. After several years the maverick will have established itself and they can start going up market with plug in or possibly even full electric versions.

Sponsored

Art_Vandelay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat, Subaru WRX
Wondering how the hybrid maverick will hold up against the 2.0. Maybe not the best comparison but looked at a 2017 fusion ice vs hybrid and the KBB for the regular version was $900 more.
Hybrids cost of ownership on fuel savings alone over the life of the vehicle is waaaay higher than $900 though. the Hybrid will be saving at least a few hundred dollar every year on fuel.

Reactions: bgn

dano0726

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep JK Wrangler Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My XL Hybrid configuration is less than $22K MSRP -- my Jeep gets (on her good days) about 14 MPG in 100% city driving...

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ve seen reports that the hybrid battery Ford is using only takes up half the available space it could. Combine that with the dash cubby and it leads me to believe that Ford told the designers that they wanted this thing to be modular from the ground up. I think what they’re really doing is buying a chunk of the market by introducing this first generation at a cheap price. After several years the maverick will have established itself and they can start going up market with plug in or possibly even full electric versions.
exactly.

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
no, this the way of the future. Using global platforms that can be configured multiple ways for different applications. This platform already supports Bronco Sport, Maverick, and Escape with multiple engine and drivetrain options. Escape and Maverick already offer hybrid option. Plug in hybrid versions are on the way already. The next logical option will be BEV. This Maverick platform will likely have a 10? year production cycle. It's not unreasonable to envision some owners buying this hybrid would later be interested in converting to plug in or even BEV if/when it comes available and I'll bet Ford will be more than happy to offer that service and it would be far cheaper than buying a brand new 1 in say 5 years if you like everything else about the vehicle but want the newer EV technology. Probably will be a straight bolt in swap with some wire harness and ECU and SW changes- just like they can configure them on the same assembly line now with either hybrid or 2.0 ICE propulsion.

BTW: have you heard of Chevy Bolt BEV? It is 100% BEV, and Chevy is selling a complete kit with drivetrain and batteries for universal installations. I posted the article on this in another section on this forum- I think it was the Off Topic section. Do a search and find it, very interesting read.

Last edited:

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The maverick is not a half ton truck and it’s aimed at a completely different market segment. No one is buying a maverick for “capability”, they are buying it for practicality. Price, fuel economy and practicality, three things that larger trucks don’t have.

A half-ton truck is a truck with a payload of at least 1000 pounds with passengers. The payload of the Ford Maverick is 1500 pounds. It's a half-ton truck by definition. IT can tow 4000 pounds. It's what used to be called a pickup.

It has more payload and tow capacity than a Toyota pickup, it can do mild off-roading and it can seat five. That's capable. Anyone who thinks otherwise is foolish.

Last edited:
Sponsored

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
well talking MPG, the AWD 2.0 system isn’t going to be a world beater. I would bet only a few digits better than a Ranger or Tacoma (v6).

however an AWD Mav is still 5k cheaper, smaller, and has better tech than a 4x4 Tacoma so there are some pros!
I have a 2019 Tacoma, daily driving is horrible after 2.5 years. Its MPG is 18-19 MPG and around 17 MPG (or less) (non-mountainous terrain) if you are actually trying to keep up with the flow of traffic. Certain bursts of town driving can achieve 21 MPG for the trip, but not the overall tank average. Its powertrain is downright frustrating for modulating around town with lack of any low end grunt. Driver fatigue is real on that rig on a long highway drive. It is a shame what they did to that product. Lets not forget my Tacoma has a payload rating of 995 lbs. I will be curious to see what fully loaded Maverick Lariat will yield for payload.

If the Maverick's 2.0T AWD configuration yields 21-24 MPG on my drive cycle(s) and keeping up with the typical flow of traffic, that will be good with me.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

In my opinion, you shouldn't be shopping on resale value for pretty much any vehicle at the moment.

1. You have no idea how these will hold up. It's essentially priced like a Civic, minus the Civic reliability. The Bronco Sport has had 3 recalls in less than a year.

2. Electric cars are becoming VERY cheap. I think some of you are overestimating the resale value for the 2.0 Ecoboost.

ychuck46

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Supercrew w/EcoBoost engine, Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Went with the XLT and the luxury package. Ended up about $26K before taxes. Wouldn't want to go much over that if at all for a small truck like this. Replacing an H3 so gas mileage is significant since it will take over some the longer range duties that we won't always need our F-150 Supercrew for. Best of luck to all on your individual choices.

Reactions: bgn

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
In my opinion, you shouldn't be shopping on resale value for pretty much any vehicle at the moment.

1. You have no idea how these will hold up. It's essentially priced like a Civic, minus the Civic reliability. The Bronco Sport has had 3 recalls in less than a year.

2. Electric cars are becoming VERY cheap. I think some of you are overestimating the resale value for the 2.0 Ecoboost.
My 2019 Tacoma has been recalled 2 times with less than 20,000 miles and in the shop 6 times for unscheduled maintenance. It’s supposedly supposed to be “uber reliable”. Not in my experience. So I don’t put much into “reliability” any more.

I shop for what I want and need not what potential resale would be. One only realizes resale if sold, it’s not guaranteed for all markets.

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My 2016 Honda CR-V has had four recalls including two grey recalls, one done before delivery. My 2019 Crosstrek? Two.

Honda Civics have the bad airbag recall, a delay on that could kill you.
Sponsored