Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 99 E150 Clb Wgn, 23 Mav XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The Fed is trying to combat the top line inflation numbers by crushing the auto and housing sectors, which will do nothing to fix the worker shortage or supply chain issues. The Fed and other Washington/Wall Street economists have complained that workers have too much money saved and too much labor bargaining power, and these people actually want a recession to wipe out the leverage workers have right now. The real problem is that we have too many working age people sitting on the sidelines not working, but that won't get fixed by a recession.
You are right that higher interest rates will not affect jobs. I never said that they will. What I was replying to is someone else saying people will be losing their jobs, and not able to afford the cars. I don't see people losing jobs because of the economy anytime soon. It's a workers market out there, and employees have the upper hand. The higher interest rates are helping reduce the highly inflated housing and auto markets though.

Prices on many things are coming down as demand and shipping issues stabilize. I've seen many product costs drop 10-15% in the last few months to retail stores which is good news because we pass those savings on to consumers. Many prices have risen too sharply in the last 5 years, first from tariffs, then from High shipping and inflation. It is good that inflation is stabilizing. People just need to learn to buy what they need, and not to feel pressure keep up with the Joneses. By summer the economy should be much more stable.
Sponsored

Impetus19

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazda 3, 1979 CJ5 360 3spd, 2015 prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You are right that higher interest rates will not affect jobs. I never said that they will. What I was replying to is someone else saying people will be losing their jobs, and not able to afford the cars. I don't see people losing jobs because of the economy anytime soon. It's a workers market out there, and employees have the upper hand. The higher interest rates are helping reduce the highly inflated housing and auto markets though.

Prices on many things are coming down as demand and shipping issues stabilize. I've seen many product costs drop 10-15% in the last few months to retail stores which is good news because we pass those savings on to consumers. Many prices have risen too sharply in the last 5 years, first from tariffs, then from High shipping and inflation. It is good that inflation is stabilizing. People just need to learn to buy what they need, and not to feel pressure keep up with the Joneses. By summer the economy should be much more stable.
For real... have you seen lumber prices? they peaked at $1450 in March and are now in the $400's

Ragtime Billy Peaches

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 f250 Crew Diesel 4x4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The Fed is trying to combat the top line inflation numbers by crushing the auto and housing sectors, which will do nothing to fix the worker shortage or supply chain issues. The Fed and other Washington/Wall Street economists have complained that workers have too much money saved and too much labor bargaining power, and these people actually want a recession to wipe out the leverage workers have right now. The real problem is that we have too many working age people sitting on the sidelines not working, but that won't get fixed by a recession.
This is true,,, Now we should remember how we got here.

Peps

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Volvo XC40
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We’ll all be kicking ourselves in a few years when very gently used, basically like new Mavericks are plentiful and for sale on dealer lots for well under $15,000.
not even read you post I just like your dog!

TheSEARCH

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Surprising banks are willing to give a loan for way over MSRP. Two years down the road when the value drops way off and customer doesn't pay the loan the bank will eat a lot of money.
Sponsored