Sponsored

[Update: Tentative Deal Reached 9/15 to Avoid Rail Strike] Railroad Strike!!!!!

When will I see my truck and what will it look like?

• Total voters

Baby truck

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok so I've waited 11 months now for my hybrid xl to be built and felt so lucky to get a 22. It showed built 7 days ago and showed the next day as shipped. Well now there may be a railroad Strike and I fear that my baby truck could be left sitting on the rail in the middle of nowhere. What is happening to my truck!!?? Anyone else in this predicament?
Sponsored

carbonmav05

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang Eco
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To make you feel better, mine was built 8/25, and still “awaiting shipment” but Ford and my dealers ETA still 12-18th, so this week, and neither have a clue if was actually shipped and never updated in the database or if it’s sitting at the railyard still:) just to give you a bright side

bbyBlue

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick (VB), 1986 Lincoln Mark 7
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
To make you feel better, mine was built 8/25, and still “awaiting shipment” but Ford and my dealers ETA still 12-18th, so this week, and neither have a clue if was actually shipped and never updated in the database or if it’s sitting at the railyard still:) just to give you a bright side
Same here man ! I HOPE mine as well although mine changed to come OCT 18th ..... Brah I almost lost my cool but I remember ford CS are just the messengers

Sponsored

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If there is a strike that last longer than a week, I suspect our Mavericks are the very last thing we'll be worrying about.

PapaDave

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT FX4 VBlue & XLT hybrid A51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Catalytic converter spree? I would rather it sat at the assembly plant than who knows where rail yard.

Godzilla

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They reached a tentative agreement……no strike.

oilman300

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ok so I've waited 11 months now for my hybrid xl to be built and felt so lucky to get a 22. It showed built 7 days ago and showed the next day as shipped. Well now there may be a railroad Strike and I fear that my baby truck could be left sitting on the rail in the middle of nowhere. What is happening to my truck!!?? Anyone else in this predicament?
Yes. Mine is on a train somewhere in Texas. I'm glad the strike has been averted.

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Apparently one of the negotiators was a member of this message board and out of concern for further delays in receiving our Mavericks, they hammered out a deal. :LOL:

Sponsored

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Apparently one of the negotiators was a member of this message board and out of concern for further delays in receiving our Mavericks, they hammered out a deal. :LOL:
Yep. They were quoted saying "Negotiating this agreement was easier than getting my Ford Dealer to communicate with me about my 2022 order".

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Glad they worked it out. No contract for 3 years. Apparently the big issue was sick time. Found it strange that they would have no sick time. But you never hear the full story.

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Glad they worked it out. No contract for 3 years. Apparently the big issue was sick time. Found it strange that they would have no sick time. But you never hear the full story.
Word I heard was not necessarily about sick time, but about being "on call" 24/7/365 for the engineer crew. The expectation that you be able to do a load/job at any moment. Honestly didn't sound like an issue that would be hard to solve with some creative scheduling changes.....but I am sure the qualified labor shortage also played into them not simply being able to say "cool, no more 24/7/365 on call work".

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah that would suck. I worked in IT and did that for many years. I started working for my company as the maintenance manager then got the chance to move to IT. Being on call for maint issues on a 24/7 bases sucked. Figured IT was only when office people worked 9 to 5 IT would be easier. Was not long before that changed. With the company expanding to many countries even the holidays were fair game.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I just saw a headline where the strike has been averted.
Sponsored