Railway strike

Mav as heck

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
That's still no reason not to defend yourself. Yes, there are always consequences for every action, and you might even die, but at least for me, I'd risk it. It's about being able to sleep with my own conscience at night.
You'd risk your life over 'principles' and a factory job you were only 3 years deep in?

I'm a principled man but there is something called, 'choosing your battles' and taking on organized criminals isn't something to be done lightly.
Sponsored

MostlySafeBear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Eventually) a Ford Truck
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You'd risk your life over 'principles' and a factory job you were only 3 years deep in?

I'm a principled man but there is something called, 'choosing your battles' and taking on organized criminals isn't something to be done lightly.
Hell yes. It's doesn't really matter to me if something has "only" been wrong for 3 years or 30 years. Maybe it'll be possible to make a difference, maybe not.

We're all only here for a short time. If you want to spend that time keeping your mouth shut, that's up to you. For me, it's a question of being able to live with my conscience. Either way, we all die eventually.

Mav as heck

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Hell yes. It's doesn't really matter to me if something has "only" been wrong for 3 years or 30 years. Maybe it'll be possible to make a difference, maybe not.

We're all only here for a short time. If you want to spend that time keeping your mouth shut, that's up to you. For me, it's a question of being able to live with my conscience. Either way, we all die eventually.
You're a regular superman, eh? How many wrongs have you set right in this world? Please regale us with tales of your exploits.

There are some things you can't fight. City Hall. The Mob. Gravity. UAW might be one of those, too.

MostlySafeBear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Eventually) a Ford Truck
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You're a regular superman, eh? How many wrongs have you set right in this world? Please regale us with tales of your exploits.

There are some things you can't fight. City Hall. The Mob. Gravity. UAW might be one of those, too.
Nothing super about me. Pretty ordinary. Just taught to stand up for shit.

bbyBlue

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick (VB), 1986 Lincoln Mark 7
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Providing it gets built (I don't want a Johnny Cash truck) I'm willing to go anywhere to pick it up. Ford dealer in Mexico? Road Trip!
How much to chip in ? Ill give gas money LOL

Sponsored

Mav as heck

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Nothing super about me. Pretty ordinary. Just taught to stand up for shit.
Care to provide us with inspiration and encouragement by sharing some of your own exploits?

Or are you just blowing hot air?

Living in San Francisco I have no doubt you've been provided many opportunities to confront entrenched rot and decay. Don't make me beg. Tell me a story.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

What's a "Johnny Cash truck"? A custom Peterbilt? šŸ˜

Seriously though, I was following some random Johnny Cash stuff a few nights ago, and saw this.

"I didnā€™t do it, my truck did, and itā€™s dead, so you canā€™t question it."

https://www.thevintagenews.com/2016...d-49-refuges-53-endangered-condors/?firefox=1

"In June 1965, his camper caught fire during a fishing trip with his nephew Damon Fielder in Los Padres National Forest in California, triggering a forest fire that burnt several hundred acres and nearly killed Cash. Cash claimed that the fire was caused by sparks from a defective exhaust system on his camper, but Fielder thinks that Cash started a fire to stay warm and in his drugged condition failed to notice the fire getting out of control.

When the judge asked Cash why he did it, Cash said, ā€œI didnā€™t do it, my truck did, and itā€™s dead, so you canā€™t question it.ā€ The fire destroyed 508 acres (206 ha), burning the foliage off three mountains and driving off forty-nine of the refugeā€™s 53 endangered condors.

Cash was unrepentant and claimed, ā€œI donā€™t care about your damn yellow buzzards.ā€ The federal government sued him and was awarded $125,172 ($939,914 in 2016 dollars). Cash eventually settled the case and paid $82,001.He said he was the only person ever sued by the government for starting a forest fire."
Here's your "Johnny Cash " vehicle :

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

How much to chip in ? Ill give gas money LOL
We'll split everything, the more people we get the cheaper it will be. Road Trip. Party!
P.S.: I'm only half joking.
It will be like the time they canceled our flight and and I called out "Who wants to drive!" Got five takers.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My wife is fighting gravity.

bbyBlue

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick (VB), 1986 Lincoln Mark 7
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We'll split everything, the more people we get the cheaper it will be. Road Trip. Party!
P.S.: I'm only half joking.
It will be like the time they canceled our flight and and I called out "Who wants to drive!" Got five takers.
I mean dude I am also half joking (or maybe its the drinks I had tonight) either way I am game lmfao. If ford takes the destination charge off I will go LOL

Sponsored

XLent

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Colorado
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Moderators:
WTF does the showering of testosterone have to do with a Railroad Struke??

MDR

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
MDR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford honda
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As posted in the other thread, mine said convoy at first and then changed to rail. It did that as well on my Maverick XL from LM earlier this year.

I agree it would probably be better if theyā€™d use convoy, though.
Ours shipped on Sept 9 lol hybrid lux package guess we will see what happens with the strike

sunlover

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Patty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you have any idea the kind of crap the railroad employees go through?? They work 12 hour shifts, are away from home for days & canā€™t even take a day off without being harassed by management! One of the things management want to do is put an engineer on the train to run a 12 hour shift alone!! Does anyone realize how dangerous that could be?? My brother worked on both the UP & BNSF, is now retired but knows people with 20 years experience quitting because of the BS railroad management is pulling!! Better stock up on supplies now because railroad workers are pissed!!
Sponsored