First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy spark
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
While I agree in principle unions are a necessary, my experience with only 3 years in the UAW. Whatl I saw was the union using their bargaining chips to get drunk, thieves, felons and violent employees their jobs back.

Those of us that just paid our dues came to work time and caused no problems were largely ignored.

The union enforcement wing at our building was the Highwaymen M/C. Do something considered anti union, you received one courtesy visit. Next one was very unpleasant.
I agree. My experience with the union was not good. They were good in their day, but now.....
Sponsored

hopsnbarley91

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Sienna, 2022 Ford Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Do you have any idea the kind of crap the railroad employees go through?? They work 12 hour shifts, are away from home for days & canā€™t even take a day off without being harassed by management! One of the things management want to do is put an engineer on the train to run a 12 hour shift alone!! Does anyone realize how dangerous that could be?? My brother worked on both the UP & BNSF, is now retired but knows people with 20 years experience quitting because of the BS railroad management is pulling!! Better stock up on supplies now because railroad workers are pissed!!
They definitely have a hard job. Especially the tie gang and guys who constantly travel.

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree. My experience with the union was not good. They were good in their day, but now.....
Yup there are some die hard union folks.

But to be fair I saw a lot of favoritism durning my 30 + years as a Ford salaried employee.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

While I agree in principle unions are a necessary, my experience with only 3 years in the UAW. Whatl I saw was the union using their bargaining chips to get drunk, thieves, felons and violent employees their jobs back.

Those of us that just paid our dues came to work time and caused no problems were largely ignored.

The union enforcement wing at our building was the Highwaymen M/C. Do something considered anti union, you received one courtesy visit. Next one was very unpleasant.
My experience is the same. They work hard to be counterproductive. The biggest benefits go to union executives and union liars (lawyers).
I've been forced to be a union member for 30 years now. Most of our money goes to the headquarters to support the fat cats and to keep the slackers employed.

oilman300

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They can only be on strike for so long before the Federal government steps in to force a resolution, as they've done in the past. The railways are critical infrastructure and too important to have idle for weeks.
The 30-day cooldown period is already in place and expires Friday.

Sponsored

oilman300

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My estimated delivery date is the 14th lol they better get my truck on time bro lol this shit getting annoying
Mine is on a train somewhere in Texas right now. This will definitely affect my delivery.

oilman300

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ours shipped on Sept 9 lol hybrid lux package guess we will see what happens with the strike
Mine too. I'm in Georgia too so it's probably on the same train, maybe even the same car.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Do you have any idea the kind of crap the railroad employees go through?? They work 12 hour shifts, are away from home for days & canā€™t even take a day off without being harassed by management! One of the things management want to do is put an engineer on the train to run a 12 hour shift alone!! Does anyone realize how dangerous that could be?? My brother worked on both the UP & BNSF, is now retired but knows people with 20 years experience quitting because of the BS railroad management is pulling!! Better stock up on supplies now because railroad workers are pissed!!
The one engineer idea sounds has great as 18 year olds with new CDLS rolling hard around the country at 75+ in semis-

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Amtrak has of today has put three cross-country routes on hold- FYI

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My experience is the same. They work hard to be counterproductive. The biggest benefits go to union executives and union liars (lawyers).
I've been forced to be a union member for 30 years now. Most of our money goes to the headquarters to support the fat cats and to keep the slackers employed.
In Michgan there is more than one UAW official either under indictment or already serving time for bribes. The worst is they took bribes to approve contracts to screw the members during contract negotiations.

Sponsored

sunlover

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Patty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The one engineer idea sounds has great as 18 year olds with new CDLS rolling hard around the country at 75+ in semis-
I donā€™t think you have a clue about what goes on in the train industry!! One person cannot run a 4-5 mile train and keep an eye on everything alone!! Itā€™s a dangerous job for all involved & engineers cannot do it alone!! If they go to one person on the train you can expect a lot more wrecks and supply delays than they have now!! There is a huge difference between a semi and a train!!

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I donā€™t think you have a clue about what goes on in the train industry!! One person cannot run a 4-5 mile train and keep an eye on everything alone!! Itā€™s a dangerous job for all involved & engineers cannot do it alone!! If they go to one person on the train you can expect a lot more wrecks and supply delays than they have now!! There is a huge difference between a semi and a train!!
I don't have a clue ? Dude - I understand the industry pretty well. Trains max at 2M - More exclamation points don't really help but ok - lol

Z_ealot

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan 370Z, Honda Civic, Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't have a clue ? Dude - I understand the industry pretty well. Trains max at 2M - More exclamation points don't really help but ok - lol
I think the sarcasm in your original post was totally lost on someone

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think the sarcasm in your original post was totally lost on someone
No doubt. Karen went Defcon/1 - To add to this we are all much more likely to encounter a semi/trailer of dsyfunction than a runway loco - But I get it. Rail industry is hell now for employee way of life -
Sponsored