First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Per Ford Authority: The current issues facing the U.S. railroad industry revolve around a contract dispute between railway workers and the companies that employ them, as their union-negotiated contracts expired three years ago. If an agreement is not reached by September 15th, 2022, the railway workers could go on strike. If this happens, it could be catastrophic for the U.S. supply chain, grinding transport to a halt. In turn, this could have a major effect on the automotive industry, as many critical parts for new vehicles are transported via railroads. If these parts are not delivered, new Ford vehicles can’t be built, potentially raising the price of new cars to new heights and creating additional low-supply scenarios at the dealer level.

So if the railroads go on strike, we may get our trucks built but there won't be any way to deliver them. So the wait may not be over. Well Tim if you're out there....
Sponsored

CSmith

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT FX4, 2020 F150 XLT FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They can only be on strike for so long before the Federal government steps in to force a resolution, as they've done in the past. The railways are critical infrastructure and too important to have idle for weeks.

MostlySafeBear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Eventually) a Ford Truck
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Even though it would be painful at many levels if the railroads and/or UPS went on strike, I support the rights of employees to have fair union contracts and good/safe working conditions.

I understand that not everyone may agree with me, but I view unions as necessary, and sometimes, unions need to strike to make the workers voices heard.

OP
OP
Imlooney

Imlooney

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Even though it would be painful at many levels if the railroads and/or UPS went on strike, I support the rights of employees to have fair union contracts and good/safe working conditions.

I understand that not everyone may agree with me, but I view unions as necessary, and sometimes, unions need to strike to make the workers voices heard.

I agree, but my question was how will it affect Maverick delivery and I should have added are there any other alternatives.

Sponsored

Clock Doc

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2.0 ecoboost, Ford Crown Victoria
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Years ago the heads of every company that would be effected by this strike would be on the phone with the rail company trying to get this settled. If this happens everything is going to come to a halt.
More power to the union! 3yrs is no contract is rediculous.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Like said above. Critical infastructure. You dont even want to know how critical. Nuclear power needs rail, regular power needs rail, over half of all US food needs rail, gas, oil, timber, you name it.

The issues undercomplaint are understaffing and not enough pay to for the one single guy that some trains are being forced to run with a few million tons of foods, goods, fuel, and hazardous chemicals. If that guy blinks a town is destroyed. If they strike and they should, it will be a matter of a few days before the feds step in and take a stake of the rail company atleast on a temporary operational standpoint like so many other bail outs.

They way the companyies that run it have been doing it is dangerous as hell. There has to be middle ground between profit and corporate responsability.

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

While I agree in principle unions are a necessary, my experience with only 3 years in the UAW. Whatl I saw was the union using their bargaining chips to get drunk, thieves, felons and violent employees their jobs back.

Those of us that just paid our dues came to work time and caused no problems were largely ignored.

The union enforcement wing at our building was the Highwaymen M/C. Do something considered anti union, you received one courtesy visit. Next one was very unpleasant.

MostlySafeBear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
While I agree in principle unions are a necessary, my experience with only 3 years in the UAW. Whatl I saw was the union using their bargaining chips to get drunk, thieves, felons and violent employees their jobs back.

Those of us that just paid our dues came to work time and caused no problems were largely ignored.

The union enforcement wing at our building was the Highwaymen M/C. Do something considered anti union, you received one courtesy visit. Next one was very unpleasant.
Sounds like you needed better union representation.

wardamntexas

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AWD, 4K, Area 51
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I hope there is no alternative if there's a strike. Never crossed a picket and hope Ford supply chain doesn't make me start now

Sponsored

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Was wondering if that was recently or a while back. I support unions but once did work at the Ypsilanti MI in the late 70's and found many barriers to do my job.

olderbudwiser

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lincoln Corsair, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Was wondering if that was recently or a while back. I support unions but once did work at the Ypsilanti MI in the late 70's and found many barriers to do my job.
This was 1964-1971. Left GM went to Ford.
I was salaried then.

Couple neighbors were (Ford) UAW the horror stories they had were beyond belief.

MostlySafeBear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
LOL.....try complaining next stop ER at local hospital.
Deal with them the same way you deal other bullies. You stand up for yourself, and you have your friends back you up.

I'm sure many will say it's never that simple, but that's the basic process.
Sponsored