StarryNight

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XL hybrid cactus grey
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I picked up my hybrid on 12/18 but dealer wasn't aware of free FIT accessory kit. The original email I received from Ford on Oct 21st shows ".... As a special thanks for being one of our first Maverick Hybrid owners, we'll be giving you this really cool Ford FITS Accessory Kit after you take delivery of your new truck. ...". I just spoke to the Maverick NVST (New Vehicle Support Team) and learned a few things:

1. Kits will be sent directly to the dealership for distribution with buyer's contact information.
2. Currently behind, so some dealers may not have kits available. I wonder if Ford will give an another gift for this delayed distribution :unsure::)
3. Only early hybrid orders will receive the kit (sorry). She "thinks" those that received an official delayed delivery communication will qualify.

The person I spoke gave me a case number and will research exactly when the kit will be available. I'll post updates, once I hear back. In the meantime, we are loving the truck and the hybrid was worth the wait - perfect for city driving!

Build: cactus gray hybrid XL, 360 co-pilot, rear sliding window, tow hitch, cabin inverter, all-weather floor mats.
Jun 17th Ordered through Evergreen Ford
Aug 12th FOMOCO email production for week of Oct 4th
Sep 14th FOMOCO email production change for week of Oct 11th
Oct 21st FOMOCO email "Thanks for being first..", offers free FIT accessories kit
Nov 29th FOMOCO email, built and ETA December 23rd - 29th
Nov 29th Evergreen Ford sends congratulations "Birth of your Maverick" and delivery first week of January 2022
Dec 1st FOMOCO emails again with same ETA December 23rd - 29th
Dec 16th Evergreen Ford surprise call that Maverick has arrived and ready for delivery.
Dec 18th Took delivery!
Sponsored

Last edited:

fordmav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered my hybrid a few days before the email went out, but didn’t get the free kit email. Maybe I can show them a copy of the e-mail at the parts desk to see if they will give me one (sometime this summer when my truck is built)

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I picked up my hybrid on 12/18 but dealer wasn't aware of free FIT accessory kit. The original email I received from Ford on Oct 21st shows ".... As a special thanks for being one of our first Maverick Hybrid owners, we'll be giving you this really cool Ford FITS Accessory Kit after you take delivery of your new truck. ...". I just spoke to the Maverick NVST (New Vehicle Support Team) and learned a few things:

1. Kits will be sent directly to the dealership for distribution with buyer's contact information.
2. Currently behind, so some dealers may not have kits available. I wonder if Ford will give an another gift for this delayed distribution :unsure::)
3. Only early hybrid orders will receive the kit (sorry). She "thinks" those that received an official delayed delivery communication will qualify.

The person I spoke gave me a case number and will research exactly when the kit will be available. I'll post updates, once I hear back. In the meantime, we are loving the truck and the hybrid was worth the wait - perfect for city driving!

Build: cactus gray hybrid XL, 360 co-pilot, rear sliding window, tow hitch, cabin inverter, all-weather floor mats.
Oct 21st FOMOCO email "Thanks for being first..", offers free FIT accessories kit
Nov 29th Evergreen Ford sends congratulations "Birth of your Maverick" and delivery first week of January 2022
Dec 16th Evergreen Ford surprise call that Maverick has arrived and ready for delivery.
Dec 18th Took delivery!
I was given a case number this morning as well.

Sponsored

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Meanwhile. Those of us who have waited for our EB Maverick forever, get nothing.
Ecoboost deliveries started in September. Hybrid deliveries started at the end of November. That delay is why Ford is providing the free gift for early hybrid buyers.

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Tim the fordvideoguy said the kit will be mailed directly to you from Ford but doesn’t know when they will be sent out.

Ford gave Bronco customers free items and they always mail them directly to the customer.

LadyMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
SJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Dec 18th Took delivery!
Thank you!! My dealer was not aware of it either.

aitch-2-oh

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus X
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

On this topic...

I called Marketing yesterday ('just because'), confirmed I'm still queue and then recommended this communication 'fix' if she knew someone in Dearborn with the stroke to enact a simple fix: Ford should have emailed the Dealer's Salesperson as a 'cc' with the emails we (the customer) have received. That way the dealer is aware and not caught by surprise. The quick laugh that was stifled at the "...stroke to fix..." tells me it ain't happening.

My salesperson didn't know of the FITS email OR that I received the 1st "we have your order" email. Unreal.

Tim Bartz (fordvideo guy) addressed this by inserting their salesperson's email into the chain as the alternate email contact. Brilliant. Easy.

Sponsored

Mavforever

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Tim the fordvideoguy said the kit will be mailed directly to you from Ford but doesn’t know when they will be sent out.

Ford gave Bronco customers free items and they always mail them directly to the customer.
There was one post where a guy went his parts dept at the dealer, showed the email from Ford and he was handed the kit…do we have confirmation on this or the wait for the mail delivery option??

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There was one post where a guy went his parts dept at the dealer, showed the email from Ford and he was handed the kit…do we have confirmation on this or the wait for the mail delivery option??
Going by what Tim said but probably is correct since he has a Bronco and displays the free items in the background of his videos. Called them “hang in there” gifts lol 😆 due to the long wait on his Bronco.

Melissah

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

Dec 18th Took delivery!

BlackXL

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 F-350, 2 F-250, 4 escape, mustang, bronco
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Meanwhile. Those of us who have waited for our EB Maverick forever, get nothing.
4k tow package got awd for free! I’ll trade my fits kit for a transfer case, driveshaft an rear axle….
;-). been waiting 6 months now
Sponsored