Sponsored

Two "pig tail" plugs in the very back of the bed, what are they for?

Jumpin John

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 22 Maverick has two plugs located in the very back of the bed at the tailgate. What are they for?
Sponsored

ralatalo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Yaris hatchback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They are for the use of the user so they don't need to splice into other wires to get power.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Let your imagination run wild.

• Haha
Reactions: TCK

Yellow Rhino

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid, 360, Lux Pkg.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not to put down the OP, but it amazes me the amount of people who bought the Mav not knowing anything about it. I mean if you don't know about the pigtails and the funnel, did you really research anything about the car?
Once again, I'm not trying to be mean, but there are a lot of questions that just make me ask why they bought the car in the first place...

Sponsored

ClemsonU88

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick; 2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not to put down the OP, but it amazes me the amount of people who bought the Mav not knowing anything about it. I mean if you don't know about the pigtails and the funnel, did you really research anything about the car?
Once again, I'm not trying to be mean, but there are a lot of questions that just make me ask why they bought the car in the first place...
I didnā€™t research everything about the truck, but I knew I wanted a smaller truck, a hybrid, something affordable, a tighter turning radius, and a Ford. That left me with the Maverick or nothing. I didnā€™t need to know about the tailgate flexibility, the pigtail plugs, or the 360 copilot.

I appreciate you not being belligerent. We all have different views and perspectives. I LOVED the pre2019 Ranger and wish someone would make something like that again.

FakeCowboy

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Subaru WRX
Remember that some people learned about the Maverick on a Sunday and called a few dealers on Monday and drove home in a Maverick that day, whether they paid an ADM or not.........not everyone has spent anywhere from 2-10 months on these forums scouring every nook and cranny looking for Ford's secret allocation formula hoping it's hidden in some cryptic message a rogue Ford employee posted under a random MTC user account.

Ford Maverick Two "pig tail" plugs in the very back of the bed, what are they for? calculation-math

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Remember that some people learned about the Maverick on a Sunday and called a few dealers on Monday and drove home in a Maverick that day, whether they paid an ADM or not.........not everyone has spent anywhere from 2-10 months on these forums scouring every nook and cranny looking for Ford's secret allocation formula hoping it's hidden in some cryptic message a rogue Ford employee posted under a random MTC user account.

calculation-math.gif
Yeah, this. Some of us have read the manuals twice while we waited, while others went down to the dealership and walked out with one.

Rob Cactus Gray

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Prius
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I bought my F150 I had gone to the dealer to test drive a used a Honda CRV. I researched it to no end, but driving it sucked. The salesman had no problem getting me to test drive a new F150. I fell in love šŸ˜ . Didnā€™t know much about it (aside from the coyote engine and that it was a truck). The sales pressure and a great deal had me sold. Point is we donā€™t all know much about what weā€™re buying, and that is ok. A lot of people buy vehicles because they look good. The only pigtails some Maverick owners know about are their own or their girlfriends.

The Maverick is a rare situation where I have been learning about it for 10 months.

Sponsored

Yellow Rhino

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid, 360, Lux Pkg.
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think this is what upsets a lot people (including myself):
We heard about the car, we did research, we waited and waited and waited...all that time learning about a car that no one ever had been in one. Now, because the books opened up, and the cars started flowing, people were buying without the toil of learning about the car. Sure, we all are newbies, newbies at most things, but I just don't think it's an equal playing field in terms of 'sweat equity put in'. Just saying...and again, nothing against the OP, I see questions like this everywhere...this is just the first time I've replied because I hit the tipping point.

clavicus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I bought my F150 I had gone to the dealer to test drive a used a Honda CRV. I researched it to no end, but driving it sucked. The salesman had no problem getting me to test drive a new F150. I fell in love šŸ˜ . Didnā€™t know much about it (aside from the coyote engine and that it was a truck). The sales pressure and a great deal had me sold. Point is we donā€™t all know much about what weā€™re buying, and that is ok. A lot of people buy vehicles because they look good. The only pigtails some Maverick owners know about are their own or their girlfriends.

The Maverick is a rare situation where I have been learning about it for 10 months.
Thatā€™s a pretty wild jump lol

Renho17

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was thinking the same thing. Itā€™s amazing how many people donā€™t know much about a $20k+ purchase they make. Or how many donā€™t ready the manual for answers.

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I didnā€™t research everything about the truck, but I knew I wanted a smaller truck, a hybrid, something affordable, a tighter turning radius, and a Ford. That left me with the Maverick or nothing. I didnā€™t need to know about the tailgate flexibility, the pigtail plugs, or the 360 copilot.

I appreciate you not being belligerent. We all have different views and perspectives. I LOVED the pre2019 Ranger and wish someone would make something like that again.
My research consisted of finding out the price, how many doors, size of the bed, what colors, and that I could get a hybrid for $20,000 including a radio and air conditioning. Heck, while I was at the guys desk signing the paperwork, I was asking him if I had to buy a charger or can I just run an extension cord into the garage.