First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 roadster ,Highlander 24 pepper red hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Two major issues with my 2024 XLT Hybrid since taking delivery Nov. 2023.
1. I go to San Diego 4 times a year to visit kids and grandkids. In December 2023, on my my way home to Arizona, at 75MPH, the engine quit running. I was in the left lane and pulled over to the left shoulder just before the construction in the area had closed the other 2 lanes, leaving me on the shoulder right at the only open lane. After turning the key off and then on the engine restarted. Now I had to get back in the only lane open with traffic backed up at 45mph. Took a few minutes but all worked out well, but that incident is now always in the back of my mind.
I recall reading on the forum at least one time where another Maverick owner had the same issue.
Is this a rare occasion, or are there others having the same problem?

2. Recently I was at Home Depot and ready to load items in the bed of the Maverick, but the key fob did not unlock the doors. It acted as if the battery in the fob was dead. After several failed attempts I used the key to unlock the drivers door which set off the alarm. Putting the key in the ignition stopped the alarm. Drove home with no other issues, and none since. (Wish I had the keypad on the door, but refused to have the new battery operated one installed)
Has anyone had this same issue?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Bobkath

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks, if either happens again I will see the dealer, but not enthused about their ability to solve it..

Chris_G

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C-6 Corvette
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks, if either happens again I will see the dealer, but not enthused about their ability to solve it..
Sad, but a true statement.

mcc63303

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sold 22 Hybrid XL now 24 Hybrid XL, 57 Chevy 454ci
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Everyone keep in mind it's very difficult to find the cause of an occasional problem. Just as going to a doctor for them to diagnose something that's not happening at the time, you'll have a lot of test done but most likely won't know what the problem was. A tech can easily diagnose a vehicle towed in that won't start but one that didn't start one time a week ago is almost impossible to diagnose (unless the issue has been common and diagnosed over time. For example; years ago cars would stall while driving a long time on the highway, by the time they were towed into the shop and unhooked from the tow truck they would start. Over time it was figured out the fuel pump in the tank would over heat (long highway drive mostly in summer) and the fuel pump would quit and then after cooling down be okay for awhile. Expensive to repair and only a guess on the repair, owner had to make a decision based on the guess.
What ever one is trying to diagnose, if not occurring when tested at best it's a guess. It's not ability, now if it is occurring at the time and the tech can't figure it out then yes, it's ability!

Sponsored

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP, please go to the NHTSA site and register your "dead hybrid on the road" incident. It will benefit others. I've reported a problem myself and it takes 5 minutes. Same for everybody else - don't "man up" - that helps nobody. Report anything that is a possible safety issue, and let NHTSA deal with it (which they will if they get the same problem reported enough times).

https://www.nhtsa.gov/report-a-safe...dPYvC_GP-8QTRoC6EQQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds#index

FordwriterNE

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick AWD. Until Coyote time.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thats a Ford issue. One day they expect mechanics to be IT guys. The tech has to contact techline. It can take Ford weeks to get back to the tech. Frequently with the wrong answer. Your problem is buying a technology that is NOT there yet. Wether you like that or not is not an issue. Simple facts. Then there are parts on galactic back order. Again, not a thing your dealer can do about that. Your salesman/service writer/tech did not design, build or break it. Go complain to Ford corporate.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

That's the thing with intermittent issues. Difficult to instigate it. Round up the usual suspects.

OP
OP

Bobkath

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Round up the usual suspects. Hahaha I like it

Sponsored

Scupking

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I would suggest checking the connection to the battery under the seat and also under the hood to make sure everything is nice and tight.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
1. I go to San Diego 4 times a year to visit kids and grandkids. In December 2023, on my my way home to Arizona, at 75MPH, the engine quit running. I was in the left lane and pulled over to the left shoulder just before the construction in the area had closed the other 2 lanes, leaving me on the shoulder right at the only open lane. After turning the key off and then on the engine restarted. Now I had to get back in the only lane open with traffic backed up at 45mph. Took a few minutes but all worked out well, but that incident is now always in the back of my mind.
I recall reading on the forum at least one time where another Maverick owner had the same issue.

2. Recently I was at Home Depot and ready to load items in the bed of the Maverick, but the key fob did not unlock the doors. It acted as if the battery in the fob was dead. After several failed attempts I used the key to unlock the drivers door which set off the alarm. Putting the key in the ignition stopped the alarm. Drove home with no other issues, and none since. (Wish I had the keypad on the door, but refused to have the new battery operated one installed)
Good morning. I would like to take a look into your Maverick concerns on my end. To get started, can you please send over a message with your VIN and estimated mileage?

TomD

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Trailsport
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have a few instances where the key fob didn’t work. When that happened I had the fob in a different pocket. I believe that it was just one of the goofy security things that happens periodically such as the horn deciding to blow twice upon exiting.
My 23 lariat has the buttons. I just used them to unlock the truck and was on my way.
The only other electronic issue I have to pair my phone with the truck. This hasn’t happened in while so maybe it fixed itself.
One thing I wish ford would do is setup the screen in the truck so that blue tooth devices can be paired from the screen instead of the steering wheel.
I have to pull over sometimes like my phone stops working through CarPlay and then I need the blue tooth activated. I can’t do that and drive at the same time.
I believe that those functions are a lot easier in my 2019 Cherokee.

OP
OP

Bobkath

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Good morning. I would like to take a look into your Maverick concerns on my end. To get started, can you please send over a message with your VIN and estimated mileage?
vin;3fttw8h34rra14179
mileage 2900
Sponsored