Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Because i can and i want to!?
Why do you want to blind other drivers with your flashers? I understand upgrading the backup bulbs, but the indicator lights don't need to be bright. They are only for other drivers to see your intent.

MLowe05

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Tesla MYP & M3RWD
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Spend the money on Lasfit. They make quality stuff and you don't need to mess with wiring.

MostlySafeBear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Eventually) a Ford Truck
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Spend the money on Lasfit. They make quality stuff and you don't need to mess with wiring.
I agree. As much as I love the DIY spirit, there are times when it's a wiser move to spend the money on a finished product that does what you need.

Sponsored

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I agree. As much as I love the DIY spirit, there are times when it's a wiser move to spend the money on a finished product that does what you need.
If it's just a matter of a Forscan setting then it doesn't cost any more and solves some of the limitations of even the Lasfits (like they still hyperflash once they get hot after prolonged use).

MostlySafeBear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If it's just a matter of a Forscan setting then it doesn't cost any more and solves some of the limitations of even the Lasfits (like they still hyperflash once they get hot after prolonged use).
The FORScan method involved losing bulb outage detection, which is after all the reason that signals were intended to hyper-flash for.

Since the turn signal bulb on a Maverick is also your brake bulb, losing them could subject you to a law enforcement encounter, something that I prefer to avoid at all costs.

Darnon

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The FORScan method involved losing bulb outage detection, which is after all the reason that signals were intended to hyper-flash for.

Since the turn signal bulb on a Maverick is also your brake bulb, losing them could subject you to a law enforcement encounter, something that I prefer to avoid at all costs.
That presumes the load resistor integrated in the Lasfits doesn't prevent outage detection from working if the LEDs should fail.

MostlySafeBear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That presumes the load resistor integrated in the Lasfits doesn't prevent outage detection from working if the LEDs should fail.
That's moving the goalpost. The FORScan method involves outright disabling the detection of turn/brake bulbs that are out, so we know that it will not work.

Sponsored

Crazyal

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FE, Lariat, Lux, 4K, 2022 Ford Edge ST
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I agree, worth every penny

OP
OP
90.eunos.cosmo

90.eunos.cosmo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alexandre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 fiesta ST, 22 ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Almost everyone i speak to that have installed lasfit still or will have hyperblink and they also prevent hyperblink detection because of the integrated resistor... so point here being, the forscan methode is cheaper and works 100% of the time IF the option is available for the maverick

Jared

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Seems pointless if you can simply add a resistor. Resistors are cheap.
Sponsored