First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had some switchbacks leftover from my Dodge ram that fit into the Maverick turn signal lights. It didn't have a resistor and made the turn signal indicator hyper flash. Through the Forscan I disabled the "Front Bulb Turn Outage" to "disabled" and it fixed it. Thanks for the writeup!
Sponsored

Oldguy66

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid, Sienna, HR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thanks 'OP' , I was thinking like you. I bought some 3157 Switchback bulbs for $6. I like the look and they work fine except for the Hyper-Flash on the dash indicator. Can't wait to try the ForScan fix.

Dual Color T20 Led 7443 W21/5w Bulb 1157 Bay15d P21/5w Led T25 3157 P27/7w Car Drl Turn Signal Lamp Auto Lights Bulb Switch - Signal Lamp - AliExpress

-Switchback Bulbs - DRL/Turn Signal
-Select – White And Amber // 3157
-The white matches the headlight color, they are very bright.

You’ll need to cut off the little nubs on the sides of the bulb socket. I used a sharp box knife. The plastic is soft and cuts fairly easy.

The bulbs are polarity sensitive. If the bulb does not work when you plug it in, pull it out and turn it 180 degrees, then plug it back in. I sort of freaked out when one didn’t work until I flipped it around.

Ford Maverick Turn signal hyperflash disable (FOUND) 3157.JPG

Sponsored

Oldguy66

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid, Sienna, HR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yes it does!
I finally got some time to try FORScan. I have an XLT which uses the Low Beam Headlights for DLR’s. I wanted to use my new 3157 Switchbacks for DLR’s also, so I made these changes in the BdyCM.

Changed the “Left and Right Front Low Beam Usage” to Low Beam Only (2)

Changed the “Left and Right Turn Lamp Usage” to Turn and DLR (1)

Changed the “Front Bulb Turn Outage” to Disable (0)

No more hyper flash and my Switchbacks are the DLR’s. If my front Switchbacks fail, I won’t get any hyper flash warning which is fine with me. Most of the vehicles I’ve owned didn’t have the hyper flash warning anyway.

I tried enabling the “Front LED Turn Outage” but that made the hyper flash come back. So I reverted back to Disable.

Thanks again 90.eunos.cosmo!

Oh NO!
I checked my DRL's the next morning and the Low Beams are back on in addition to the Switchback Turn signals. So, it's back to the drawing board. This victory was short lived.

Ford Maverick Turn signal hyperflash disable (FOUND) left low beam

Ford Maverick Turn signal hyperflash disable (FOUND) left turn

Ford Maverick Turn signal hyperflash disable (FOUND) turn outage

Last edited:
OP
OP
90.eunos.cosmo

90.eunos.cosmo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alexandre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 fiesta ST, 22 ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I finally got some time to try FORScan. I have an XLT which uses the Low Beam Headlights for DLR’s. I wanted to use my new 3157 Switchbacks for DLR’s also, so I made these changes in the BdyCM.

Changed the “Left and Right Front Low Beam Usage” to Low Beam Only (2)

Changed the “Left and Right Turn Lamp Usage” to Turn and DLR (1)

Changed the “Front Bulb Turn Outage” to Disable (0)

No more hyper flash and my Switchbacks are the DLR’s. If my front Switchbacks fail, I won’t get any hyper flash warning which is fine with me. Most of the vehicles I’ve owned didn’t have the hyper flash warning anyway.

I tried enabling the “Front LED Turn Outage” but that made the hyper flash come back. So I reverted back to Disable.

Thanks again 90.eunos.cosmo!

left low beam.jpg

left turn.jpg

turn outage.jpg
Interesting! Did forscan make an update cause i recall trying to put my DRL's as my front positions and it worked momentarily once but as soon as i put my maverick in drive, everything reverted to the way it was before! And ever since, i wasn't able to modify theses parameters. I'm one of many who tried this and failed!

Oldguy66

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid, Sienna, HR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I made the changes and clicked "Write", the module updated then FORScan popped up a message indicating the PCM + TCM needed to relearn. I clicked on that and FORScan worked its magic, even had me turn the ignition off, then back on again. I had also cleared the faults caused initially by the Switchbacks.

I'll check the DRL's again tomorrow, when it's light outside, and report back.

bdaniel230

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT -Hot Chili Red - 4k Tow Fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is there even such a thing as a "light duty" flasher? Does it burn out after a small number of blinks or something?

Seems as pointless as.. heavy duty air or something.
The heavy duty flasher is used when you have many lights in the same string as in a trailer. You can check with an RV dealership or with a trailer shop. Not sure if they will help though if the signal goes into the BCM before it goes out to the lights. I haven't checked in the fuse panel but does the Mav use signal relay's or is it a signal sent out by an oscillator in the BCM?

Oldguy66

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT Hybrid, Sienna, HR-V
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I checked my DRL's this morning and the Low Beams are back on in addition to the Switchback Turn signals. So, it's back to the drawing board. I tried several combinations of settings with no luck. I was even able to disable the Low Beams so they never came on.

Let me know if you find the solution.
Sponsored