First Name
Alexandre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 fiesta ST, 22 ford maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone know if you can disable hyperflash on the maverick? I know it's been done on other models. I want to try fitting 7444NA front switchbacks instead of the 4257, don't feel like spending 80$ cad for the lasfit!
Sponsored

pndwind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450 Amb
Engine
Undecided
Add a resistor.

MichaelG

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Anyone know if you can disable hyperflash on the maverick? I know it's been done on other models. I want to try fitting 7444NA front switchbacks instead of the 4257, don't feel like spending 80$ cad for the lasfit!
Put the original bulbs back in. I don't get the need to have super bright lights. Aren't the stock bright enough?

Sponsored

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Well I guess you can, but without one of two options pointed out above, your going to have hyper flash.

pndwind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450 Amb
Engine
Undecided
Hyper flash is caused by the electrical current. It’s not a setting. The reason the lasfit work and are $80 is they contain the resistor. If you want a cheaper option buy cheaper leds and add a resistor. Seem to have a little attitude there. We’re just trying to help. It’s easy enough to google.

OP
OP
90.eunos.cosmo

90.eunos.cosmo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alexandre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I believe there's an option in the ForScan BCM settings for bulb outage detection that might be what you're looking for.
Yes, thats exactly what i'm asking about! I wanted to know if there's a know option for it in forscan because i have seen it for the f-150s and mustangs.... just not home to check it!

OP
OP
90.eunos.cosmo

90.eunos.cosmo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alexandre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hyper flash is caused by the electrical current. It’s not a setting. The reason the lasfit work and are $80 is they contain the resistor. If you want a cheaper option buy cheaper leds and add a resistor. Seem to have a little attitude there. We’re just trying to help. It’s easy enough to google.
I re read my reply and i did sound a bit like a dick, sorry about that! I don't want to add a resistor because i do not want to modify the wiring on my truck and i also asked this here because there are no info available on the maverick about if it's been done or not but i know for a fact that it has been done on f 150s and mustangs via FORSCAN. You are correct about the current part but since everything i now canbus communications, the power wires dont only serve as power but also as communications so that hyperflash state is set by the BCM itself and not like the oldschool relay!

Sponsored

pndwind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450 Amb
Engine
Undecided
I re read my reply and i did sound a bit like a dick, sorry about that! I don't want to add a resistor because i do not want to modify the wiring on my truck and i also asked this here because there are no info available on the maverick about if it's been done or not but i know for a fact that it has been done on f 150s and mustangs via FORSCAN. You are correct about the current part but since everything i now canbus communications, the power wires dont only serve as power but also as communications so that hyperflash state is set by the BCM itself and not like the oldschool relay!
Sorry, my bad. I learned something new. Let us know if you get it figured out.

CA$H

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
CASH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FORD MAVERICK
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you could find a heavy duty flasher relay for a Mav that will work. That's what I did on my 2003 GMC 2500HD Duramax diesel before, worked like a charm when I went all LED and had severe hyper flash...it was plug and play and cured it. The heavy duty flasher relay works as a heavy resistance load that the LED's senses on the circuit and prevents the phenomenon.

MostlySafeBear

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Eventually) a Ford Truck
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you could find a heavy duty flasher relay for a Mav that will work. That's what I did on my 2003 GMC 2500HD Duramax diesel before, worked like a charm when I went all LED and had severe hyper flash...it was plug and play and cured it. The heavy duty flasher relay works as a heavy resistance load that the LED's senses on the circuit and prevents the phenomenon.
Is there even such a thing as a "light duty" flasher? Does it burn out after a small number of blinks or something?

Seems as pointless as.. heavy duty air or something.

CA$H

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
CASH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FORD MAVERICK
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Is there even such a thing as a "light duty" flasher? Does it burn out after a small number of blinks or something?

Seems as pointless as.. heavy duty air or something.
When I had the problem before I researched for a solution and found a heavy load flasher that worked, it was described as a heavy duty flasher...but I'm not sure that the Mav even has a flasher relay after the post from a previous poster here.

OP
OP
90.eunos.cosmo

90.eunos.cosmo

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Alexandre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sadly, new trucks don't have relays for the flashers, they use the bcm to do it
Sponsored