JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Any thoughts choosing this over the Maverick? I'm fully aware of the huge price difference. But for someone who's wanting a efficient but a fully capable truck without the budget constraint, won't the Tundra hybrid be a good choice?

It's a beast on its own segment. Definitely one of its kind and a noteworthy mention
Sponsored

xXChartmanXx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F150 Lariat Powerboost, 2021 VW ID.4
Any thoughts choosing this over the Maverick? I'm fully aware of the huge price difference. But for someone who's wanting a efficient but a fully capable truck without the budget constraint, won't the Tundra hybrid be a good choice?

It's a beast on its own segment. Definitely one of its kind and a noteworthy mention
Most people shopping for a Maverick aren't cross shopping full size trucks at nearly or over twice the price. And if your asking about the Tundra, why not the F150 Powerboost?

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
2022 Toyota Tundra Pricing
  • Tundra SR (RWD/Double Cab/6.5-ft bed): $37,645
  • Tundra SR (4WD/CrewMax/5.5-ft bed): $42,695
  • Tundra SR5 (RWD/Double Cab/6.5-ft bed): $42,450
  • Tundra SR5 (4WD/CrewMax/6.5-ft bed): $48,810
  • Tundra Limited (RWD/CrewMax/5.5-ft bed): $50,595
  • Tundra Limited (4WD/CrewMax/6.5-ft bed): $53,925
  • Tundra Platinum (RWD/CrewMax/5.5-ft bed): $58,685
  • Tundra Platinum (4WD/CrewMax/6.5-ft bed): $62,015
  • Tundra 1794 Edition (RWD/CrewMax/5.5-ft bed): $59,385
  • Tundra 1794 Edition (4WD/CrewMax/6.5-ft bed): $62,715
and the hybrid's price won't be announced until later.

So that is a hard NO.

huunvubu

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Most people shopping for a Maverick aren't cross shopping full size trucks at nearly or over twice the price. And if your asking about the Tundra, why not the F150 Powerboost?
or the F150 Lightning

Sponsored

hitchhike79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid Maverick XLT Cactus Grey
The hybrid is mostly in name and almost looks like a boost in power more than for MPG. The Tundra hybrid is just a normal truck with a hybrid plant installed on top, instead of the Maverick being designed Hybrid First.

Bn1970

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford-2L/250hp, Honda-1.5L/190hp, Mazda-1.6L/270hp.
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

Very valid question. As a follow up, anyone considering a Mazda Miata instead of the maverick? As a convertible, you could carry unlimited height stuff just like a truck.

OP
OP
JsnMrd

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Very valid question. As a follow up, anyone considering a Mazda Miata instead of the maverick? As a convertible, you could carry unlimited height stuff just like a truck.
🙄 no need for that. I am stating valid points.

houselog442

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
I think people think of the Toyota hybrids as great mpg machines but this probably will not be true with Tundra. I can’t really see it get any better than the Ford Powerboost. Toyota has never made a hybrid with this much engine displacement and this much size and weight.

Sponsored

Thunderdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
They really are different animals. If the tundra gets the mileage you want, it will hold its resale better and be much more roomy. If it’s as reliable as the last one then it will be much more reliable possibly. That said toyota’s newer stuff has not proven as reliable as older designs. If money is no object then why even look at maverick? The price of the Maverick both vehicle cost and cost to operate are its main selling points.

JKinPA

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mountaineer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

No!

WesM

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

I feel like a Tacoma or Ranger hybrid would have a better chance of pulling some of the Maverick buyers away. If ford could deliver a Hybrid ranger that got say 30mpg avg, while keeping the current gen towing and payload capabilities, they would have a winner.

OP
OP
JsnMrd

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I feel like a Tacoma or Ranger hybrid would have a better chance of pulling some of the Maverick buyers away. If ford could deliver a Hybrid ranger that got say 30mpg avg, while keeping the current gen towing and payload capabilities, they would have a winner.
I mean given the success of the Rav4 hybrid, Tacoma hybrid is inevitable

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
Any thoughts choosing this over the Maverick?
Not the Tundra hybrid, but I am cross-shopping with a Toyota Sienna LE AWD (hybrid is the only option). $10k more than the Maverick I want gets me AWD, 3500lbs towing, an enclosed 4x6x4ish space for cargo, and still gets 35mpg. Oh, and the option to carry me and 7 friends. If I had that many.

But for someone who's wanting a efficient but a fully capable truck without the budget constraint, won't the Tundra hybrid be a good choice?
Someone who is wanting or needing an efficient, fully-capable truck with no budget constraint probably won't be cross-shopping the cheapest truck in America against anything else.

Don't get me wrong; the Maverick is great for its intended market. But if you want/need to haul a couple IBCs or tow a 20' enclosed, the Maverick isn't going to cut it.

Funny you mention that. I am guilty of strapping lumber, blinds, trim, and other long skinny stuff to my old NC's roll bar. But heck, it's flat across the top and is made of tig-welded .120" wall DOM, so it's probably better built than most headache racks.
Sponsored