Sponsored

Tri-Fold Hard Tonneau Cover recommendations?

IHateSpeedbumps

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I also had the Ford Tri fold installed 2 weeks ago and it leak in 4 different spots. Not going to keep my luggage dry.
Mine only leaks a tiny bit by thr tailgate due to the large gap at the top corner where the tailgate sides do not have rubber. I am sure a couple rubber strips along the tailgate opening would solve the few drops.
Sponsored

vvoman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
vvoman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Soul
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just ordered this Hard Tri-Fold the other day https://www.ebay.com/itm/285281574189. I offered $326. and they accepted, so total was $354. Expected delivery tomorrow, so I will post some photos when I get it put on. I sold my soft tri-fold in the photos with the Blue 24 XL Hybrid today.
I'd be interested in hearing how that works out for you. Please keep us updated.

OP
OP

gssulte7

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Hybrid, 2012 Ford F-150 XLT 4X4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
After a ton of looking, I’m going with the Leer HF650M For my 2024 Lariant Hybrid now in production. Quad fold so panels are less heavy. Panels are fiberglass so they don’t dent in hail storms like aluminum. And has more secure latches, not wires than can be compromised with a coat hanger.
Thanks for the tip on the Leer. I've looked at the BakFlip MX4 and it appears to be very similar to the Leer. I'll look at the Leer.

JDMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I got the Bak Flip MX4 and it really works well. I did have to add some weather stripping around the tailgate to get it sealed up. A little water gets in at the car wash, but nothing much. I will say it pays to shop around for the cover you want, as the dealer will charge you full retail and you can get them for less from reputable distributors, that don't charge for shipping and some may not charge sales tax.

Sponsored

Deanvig

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Hybrid Lariat & 2015 F250 Diesel
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Any feedback on the Rough Country Tri-fold that folds up to the rear glass?

OP
OP

gssulte7

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Hybrid, 2012 Ford F-150 XLT 4X4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I got the Bak Flip MX4 and it really works well. I did have to add some weather stripping around the tailgate to get it sealed up. A little water gets in at the car wash, but nothing much. I will say it pays to shop around for the cover you want, as the dealer will charge you full retail and you can get them for less from reputable distributors, that don't charge for shipping and some may not charge sales tax.
Did you have to enlarge or do anything for the holes for the drainage tubes for your Maverick? I also have the Lariat Hybrid with the factory spray in bed liner with two small drainage holes near the cab.

WJOHNM

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox, redline. XLT,AWD,4KTOW,FX4 ,CO PILOT360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I'm looking for any recommendations on a tri-fold topper, preferably a hard cover, for my 2024 Maverick Lariat Hybrid.
Is cost a factor, they go from 200 to 1500, way back when I got my 22/FX4 we were limited to only a few, I got the ford soft tri-fold off the ford website on sale, it was about 400. Its 2 years old now and still looks new, I love the big ford emblem on the cover. Lots of options now depending on how much you want to spend.

Sponsored

gp1200x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500,C8-Z51, 2023 Lariat Lux 4K Co360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a soft trifold Tyger and I think I paid about $230. It fits really well and never had any water issues than I noticed. BUT trifolds block a lot of area in the front of bed and makes it a nuisance sometimes loading and unloading long items, esp if you have some wood crossmembers placed in there for storage for small groceries etc. in the rear of the bed. But I didn't want to spend $1K for some of those other ones that just seem to be overpiced for a bed cover.

JDMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Did you have to enlarge or do anything for the holes for the drainage tubes for your Maverick? I also have the Lariat Hybrid with the factory spray in bed liner with two small drainage holes near the cab.
There are rubber plugs on the sides of the bed and I cut a slit in them and fed the drain hose thru them on each side.

IHateSpeedbumps

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Mine drains to the largish holes in the corners neat the cab. They are easy to remove and clean too.

djSL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dalas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick XL AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have the Rough Country hard tri-fold. For the half the price of the BackFlip or Ford branded cover, it's actually decent quality (it's basically a direct copy). The instructions weren't great, but with some fiddling around, I figured it out. No regrets on the purchase so far.
Sponsored